Erling Haaland

NikkiCFC

36 minutes ago, Strike said:

Club might have to look at the young striker market - DCL, Jonathan David, Andre Silva. Lautaro will be expensive + can he play as lone ST?

He can, but Lautaro best performances are always with 2 strikers formation.

Edited by Blues Forever

I pray daily that City don't get him. 

We could possibly be looking at another Manchester domination of the league akin to Man Uniteds through the 90s and early 2000's.

On 10/03/2021 at 02:22, ZAPHOD2319 said:

We've been told for years that players likes of Messi and CR7 might never be seen again and then this Norwegian mutant comes along. What the actual fuck. Sign him asap

he has incredible statistics, makes goals every game, is always decisive but... i have seen different his games and several youtube videos and I can't convince myself about him, i don't like, i found him clumsy and with poor technique.
Maybe then comes to us and makes dozens of goal, but he could also do very bad.

On 10/03/2021 at 00:50, DDA said:

Roman my man, break the fucking bank and get this geezer here A.s.a.p. 

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is making the signing of Norway forward Erling Braut Haaland, 20, from Borussia Dortmund his personal mission this summer. (Star)

Thing is if the kid has his sights set on Real or PSG then no matter what we/Roman does is going to deter him, my opinion only though.

Edited by bigbluewillie

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is making the signing of Norway forward Erling Braut Haaland, 20, from Borussia Dortmund his personal mission this summer. (Star)

Thing is if the kid has his sights set on Real or PSG then no matter what we/Roman does is going to deter him, my opinion only though.

That's from Daily Star though and apparently, there's a 150 million price tag on Haaland...

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's from Daily Star though and apparently, there's a 150 million price tag on Haaland...

Who in their right mind would pay that in this climate, he aint going no where then this summer

2 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Other teams don't matter, if Roman wants him he will seduce him on his yacht like he did with Modric and others before.

3 hours ago, R2D2 said:

Other teams don't matter, if Roman wants him he will seduce him on his yacht like he did with Modric and others before.

The lad was part of the Man City Supporters Group and his father played for City. City is also the most attractive offer considering their position and who is manager. 

I would be shocked if this move didn't happen at this point. 

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The lad was part of the Man City Supporters Group and his father played for City. City is also the most attractive offer considering their position and who is manager. 

I would be shocked if this move didn't happen at this point. 

City ain't paying that money for him almost never pay so much on a player, aside of that Pep doesn't even play with a striker and dislikes Raiola, I don't think it happens. It's either us, Real or staying another year most likely.

I like our chances if we get top 4 and go as far as possible in CL maybe even semifinals if we get Porto or Real, we also have enough deadwood to offload and still pay most of the fee for Haaland and a CB.

Edited by R2D2

7 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

City ain't paying that money for him almost never pay so much on a player, aside of that Pep doesn't even play with a striker and dislikes Raiola, I don't think it happens. It's either us, Real or staying another year most likely.

I like our chances if we get top 4 and go as far as possible in CL maybe even semifinals if we get Porto or Real, we also have enough deadwood to offload and still pay most of the fee for Haaland and a CB.

Aye I think if it does go to a bidding war, we may have the advantage (should we accomplish those things you mentioned). 

Can't recall the last time City were in a bidding war. Hazard? They also didn't want to pay his wages. 

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Aye I think if it does go to a bidding war, we may have the advantage (should we accomplish those things you mentioned). 

Can't recall the last time City were in a bidding war. Hazard? They also didn't want to pay his wages. 

From the top of my head they got outbid with Fred, Jorginho, Sanchez probably more, they usually lose in bidding wars. 

As long as Tuchel's delivering on field, Haaland will be interested to join no doubt, we have a very exciting and young squad and a good project.

Edited by R2D2

18 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Have we ever paid over 100 million on a player? The most we have paid is just over 70 million on Kepa and Havertz and that's only a bit higher than what City paid for Dias. Moreover, if City were willing to pay big for Messi last summer, there's no reason why they can't or won't go big for Haaland, especially when he can be a long term asset, more so than Messi.

Pep doesn't even play with a striker? He had Lewandowski at Bayern. He plays Aguero and Jesus at Man City but one is too injury prone and the other is not reliable enough.

Guardiola dislikes Raiola...does anyone even like Raiola? The board also don't like Raiola but that's not exactly stopping us from targeting Haaland/

Real Madrid aren't exactly overflowing with money right now and they seem more interested in getting Mbappe.

19 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

From the top of my head they got outbid with Fred, Jorginho, Sanchez probably more, they usually lose in bidding wars. 

You could argue that Fred and Sanchez were not worthy of the money they were asking for while we had the Sarri factor with Jorginho and on hindsight, can't say City have lost much at all by missing out on those signings.

24 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

As long as Tuchel's delivering on field, Haaland will be interested to join no doubt, we have a very exciting and young squad and a good project.

But on the flip side, we have no stability whatsoever and god knows when this project will actually come good. City have the stability and can guarantee quicker success than us. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You