Erling Haaland

NikkiCFC

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

But he is one of Lazio's main assets, if not the main one. They have no need to sell and I don't think Immobile is necessarily interested in leaving either.

Moreover as you pointed out, he's already 31 years old and we know the club's stance when it comes to players over 30 years old. 

True, if he's not available then get someone who's of a similar profile, if Haaland doesn't come of course.

My point is that if we don't get Haaland we shouldn't rush it and sign a long term striker, when in my opinion no one else is really available. 

People shouldn't underestimate the impact the World Cup has on club football. Many stars have put themselves on the map in a WC tournament, then got signed by big clubs afterwards. Think of Ozil, Ramires, Mascherano, Khedira, Tevez, Cavani, Sanchez etc. There might be a new guy on the block, who's touted to be the next world class striker next summer. We should be patient and keep that in mind to be honest.

Edited by Azul

11 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Love that. Every country should make a stand here. WC in Qatar began with corruption, continues with bloodshed.

What's going on in Qatar is horrible. It's literally modern slavery. However I don't believe that these football organizations speak up because of their moral compass. 

They're not consistent when it comes to the World Cup in Russia, or the Uyghur concentration camps in China. Why? It's all business for them that's why.

11 minutes ago, Azul said:

My point is that if we don't get Haaland we shouldn't rush it and sign a long term striker, when in my opinion no one else is really available. 

I think we want Haaland because it is one in the lifetime chance. Otherwise, if we cannot get him, I would not be surprised if we sell Tammy or Giroud leave without new guy coming in. One of them stays plus Kai and Timo can play there.

15 minutes ago, Azul said:

True, if he's not available then get someone who's of a similar profile, if Haaland doesn't come of course.

People shouldn't underestimate the impact the World Cup has on club football. Many stars have put themselves on the map in a WC tournament, then got signed by big clubs afterwards. Think of Ozil, Ramires, Mascherano, Khedira, Tevez, Cavani, Sanchez etc. There might be a new guy on the block, who's touted to be the next world class striker next summer. We should be patient and keep that in mind to be honest.

I think if we don't get Haaland, we might just stick with what we have and then just pray the current crop of attacking players will come good next season. 

3 hours ago, Azul said:

What's going on in Qatar is horrible. It's literally modern slavery. However I don't believe that these football organizations speak up because of their moral compass. 

They're not consistent when it comes to the World Cup in Russia, or the Uyghur concentration camps in China. Why? It's all business for them that's why.

I know there is no consistency but how does it help Norway football federations business interests ? I think there is some moral reasoning behind it even though it is just a meek beginning, it is a beginning. What is Norwegian football federation supposed to do about the uighurs tho? They have not played China or had any cooperations with them since the story broke

about Russia, sure it is a dictatorship but the wc itself did not involve human rights violations to the same extent as Qatar. Everyone has to pick their battles

6 hours ago, Jason said:

I think if we don't get Haaland, we might just stick with what we have and then just pray the current crop of attacking players will come good next season. 

Giroud or Tammy might leave though, and we will definitely need a replacement. Maybe Aguero on a free might be a good short term solution. Who knows?🤷

Edited by Azul

3 hours ago, Azul said:

Giroud or Tammy might leave though, and we will definitely need a replacement. Maybe Aguero on a free might be a good short term solution. Who knows?🤷

Giroud maybe.

As for Abraham, part of the reason why there were rumors about him going is if we buy Haaland. If we don't get Haaland, then we might end just keeping him. We might just go with Havertz, Abraham and Werner as the choices for leading the line. Havertz and Werner of course can play in other positions as well and if this is how we're gonna go with things, then we don't have to worry too much then about keeping everyone happy etc.

11 hours ago, King Kante said:

Nah, Dortmund by all accounts want the fee upfront. Utd work on a debt model, so buy all their players with it and spread the money out over the duration of the contracts. Barca and Real also use this method. That is why all three have massive bank debts. 

Utd also have the problem that the Glazer's are currently pumping over $100m into the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at the moment to circumnavigate the NFL cap rules. They are doing this by signing a lot of expensive players with 'signing on fees' with contracts with voidable years rather than giving them a fixed salary for each year. 

This works as follows: 

Tom Brady - $50m signing on fee with something like $9m incentives. They gave him a 5 year contract with 3 voidable years as the geezer is 44 in the Summer (thus meaning they cancel his contract in 2, which is when he wants to retire.)

That consequently makes his cap hit for next year as approximately $11.8m rather than $29.5m (approx.) as this then allows them to sign more high quality players to the team as the NFL have very strict salary rules. They are doing this as their team is in a 'win now' phase where the owners have to pony up right away as they only have 2-3 years before they have to rip the side apart and rebuild (owing to age of players and the salaries.)

This is great news for the Bucs as their team is now an absolute powerhouse. However, it is costing the Glazer's serious coin. Here is the signing on fees they have laid out in the last few weeks (all approx.): 

Brady - $50m 

Suh - $5m

David - $20m 

Gronkowski - $6m 

Barrett - $38m 

Succop - $4m 

Godwin - $15.5m 

That is around $140.5m they have shelled out on signing and they still have other players they have to sign/restructure to get under the cap and have a full squad. So, essentially Utd cannot finance it as all the Glazer's money is going into the Bucs and they cannot buy Håland with debt. 

Barca situation is also bleak. Laporte got £100m+ loan but that need to finance existing debt, Messi's new contract for the first year (his re-signing was a pledge) and they have to buy other players, whilst the ones they have got won't attract much owing to contracts (similar to us with the dregs.) 

Real also have similar issues with their stadium build/debt payments/existing costs etc. 

That consequently only leaves City, Chelsea and PSG as options who can finance it this year. By all accounts Håland won't go to PSG due to the quality of the league (although this could be BS) which then just leave us and City who can do it this year. 

If he stays at Dortmund this year, then 8 clubs could probably buy him as the buyout is low and they can finance it with debt. They are: Munich, Utd, Juve, Barca and Real, along with the 3 that can afford him this year. 

Fair, but I reckon both Van da beek and Pogba are likely to leave, they can get close to 100 there alone. If rumours are true and EH dont want Chels then fuck him, we move on.

2 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Fair, but I reckon both Van da beek and Pogba are likely to leave, they can get close to 100 there alone. If rumours are true and EH dont want Chels then fuck him, we move on.

Yeah, reports in Germany last year were saying Werner rejected us and had no interest too: 

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/premier-league/788920/timo-werner-Chelsea-man-utd-liverpool-transfer-rb-leipzig/

6 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, reports in Germany last year were saying Werner rejected us and had no interest too: 

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/premier-league/788920/timo-werner-Chelsea-man-utd-liverpool-transfer-rb-leipzig/

Yeah but then a pandemic happened and everything changed course. 

Any chance of something similar happening again? 😅

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Yeah but shit change hands often so we will see. For the reported fee I wouldnt touch him, you can get 2 quality players instead. Plus that cunt Raiola will be some task.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Yeah but then a pandemic happened and everything changed course. 

Any chance of something similar happening again? 😅

Ohh we will see similar shit happen, its very up and down.

42 minutes ago, Jason said:

Assuming it's true, who's gonna pay that money in this particular summer? And that's without counting the agent fees for Raiola.

With FFP binned I could see City go for him, PSG wont happen one way or the other.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Assuming it's true, who's gonna pay that money in this particular summer? And that's without counting the agent fees for Raiola.

PSG would, possibly City too if FFP is dead. That sort of figure would rule us out completely. 

28 minutes ago, King Kante said:

PSG would, possibly City too if FFP is dead. That sort of figure would rule us out completely. 

If Haaland goes nowhere this summer, then next summer is gonna be LOL when his release clause activates.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You