• Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Werner
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • James (sub)

7 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Surprising I must say I think you're way off.

So far he'll do for me.

That's cool - it's just my opinion of the bloke. I disliked AvB too. You can't like everyone 👍

I really hope I'm wrong though.

1 hour ago, Muzchap said:

Already happened - he just let's players run past him.

Even worse. He tried his absolute best to stop those players but for the life of him couldnt even bring them down. He is just so terrible physically/defensively. Seems like he is already 40 and not a sturdy 40 y.o. at that.

Alonso is a shockingly bad player. Both Alonso and Jorginho are not the standard we should aim for and I am pretty sure they are only playing to facilitate Tuchels start with their experience

Edited by Magic Lamps

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Even worse. He tried his absolute best to stop those players but for the life of him couldnt even bring them down. He is just so terrible physically/defensively. Seems like he is already 40 and not a sturdy 40 y.o. at that.

Alonso is a shockingly bad player. Both Alonso and Jorginho are not the standard we should aim for and I am pretty sure they are only playing to facilitate Tuchels start with their experience

I think Alonso's has crept his way in only because of 2 reasons:

1. And this is the main one. Chillwell's indifferent form. His 'audition' under Tuchel against Wolves was terrible. His form has been deteriorating mid season, and he really needs a kick up his backside to know that his starting 11 spot can't be taken for granted. He is no doubt the better fullback, but he needs to show it. Same goes for Ziyech who has also lost his starting 11 spot due to poor form.

2. Back 5 and LWB, enough said.

Jorginho on the other hand, is a bit more frustrating. I can't throw too many complaints his way yet, because he definitely has made improvements under Tuchel. But I don't think he adds much value other than his John Obi Mikel type metronome passing. While he is a bit better on the ball when being pressured, he does not have any defensive nous.

The fact that he isn't ambitious with his passing means, we are more reliant upon players upfront to create something. Its no wonder we are struggling to break down teams despite having better 'control' of the game these days. It doesn't bode good when facing teams like West Brom or Athletico.

Mendy
James - Zouma - Rüdiger - Chilwell
Kante - Kovacic
CHO - Mount - Pulisic
Werner

I would like 4-2-3-1 to be tested out for once, we struggle with scoring with 5 ATB. Adding Kante instead of Jorginho might make us defensively solid enough in midfield to drop the 3 CBs.

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Don't think Tuchel will ever play Werner as a sole striker. 

Surely not vs Newcastle-park-the-bus-Utd but vs high-line teams like Brighton, Leeds, Southampton he can be devastating when leading our offense.

Edited by Magic Lamps

13 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Surely not vs Newcastle-park-the-bus-Utd but vs high-line teams like Brighton, Leeds, Southampton he can be devastating when leading our offense.

Still think Tuchel will lineup two strikers in a 4 2 4 

Not that he cares about criticism from anyone here.

Need to watch out for Saint Maxinin tonight -and Shelvey can score a few.

Hazards first hatrick for us was against the Toon, lets see a similar result tonight and get into top 4 contention