• Mount
    • Abraham
    • Werner
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • James (sub)

46 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Pulisic and Ziyech not even a minute today 😅

I think their time is up. Will probably leave at the end of season. 

At least, Mendy is still our no. 1 GK. Kovacic was in his prime mode today. Good for him. But Newcastle is not the opposition that will tell us how good we are. Atletico Madrid will be our first real test. Spurs obviously are quite in a mess right now and we faced then without Kane

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

This is overreaction. 

They played very bad lately and don't deserve to play. It is just a matter of time before they are back at top level. 

16 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Okay mate, I liked that you came back but I now want you gone again! 🤣

Really though, you're kinda exaggerating there. The real test for these players, especially the new signings, will be next season. Yes, they have been bad but I also feel it's kinda hard to judge them all in some ways because of how crazy this season has been. Let's see what happens next season when we will have hopefully something more like a usual season - pre-season, no crazy packed schedule etc. 

Dominant performance. First half especially we were excellent. Tuchel is definitely more reserved and likes to protect leads rather than finishing the game off. Only thing that irritated me I guess was that we didnt look to kill them off and knowing this league, it could easily come down to GD. Would of liked to see Pulisic come on and really hurt them on counter attacks. Kovacic was top class. Can't believe he did not get a mention from the pundits. He ran the show tonight. Alonso was really good. 

Really good set of games for  Tuchel to get his ideas through. Oppositions have been absolutely poor throughout .  Feels about like pre season apart from the Spurs one. They don’t tell us anything tho. Atlético is the first real test. And we really should not start Kepa, Alonso and Christensen vs Atlético. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Okay mate, I liked that you came back but I now want you gone again! 🤣

Really though, you're kinda exaggerating there. The rest test for these players, especially the new signings, will be next season. Yes, they have been bad but I also feel it's kinda hard to judge them all in some ways because of how crazy this season has been. Let's see what happens next season when we will have hopefully something more like a usual season - pre-season, no crazy packed schedule etc. 

Do you think that Pulisic and Ziyech are type of players that will sit 4 months on the bench and think everything is fine? 

The problem is that we play a system with 2 no. 10 players. Pulisic, Werner, Ziyech, Mount, Kai and sometimes CHO are the possible players for this current system. We have way too many players for these positions and we need to sell, otherwise some players will start moaning again. Our squad is too big 

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Really good set of games for  Tuchel to get his ideas through. Oppositions have been absolutely poor throughout .  Feels about like pre season apart from the Spurs one. They don’t tell us anything tho. Atlético is the first real test. And we really should not start Kepa, Alonso and Christensen vs Atlético. 

i mean, you can say we are the reason why they were poor. can you imagine 0 goals conceded with lampard as the manager? i cant. 

theres clear improvement on both sides of the pitch. how long it will last is the question. 

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Do you think that Pulisic and Ziyech are type of players that will sit 4 months on the bench and think everything is fine? 

The problem is that we play a system with 2 no. 10 players. Pulisic, Werner, Ziyech, Mount, Kai and sometimes CHO are the possible players for this current system. We have way too many players for these positions and we need to sell, otherwise some players will start moaning again. Our squad is too big 

I do agree that we're overloaded with attacking options but can't be bad to have options? Feel like Havertz can also play the False 9/ST role and it's also up to the others to step up and do better. It's not like Pulisic and Ziyech are playing well at the moment to deserve complaining about the lack of playing time. They haven't done enough all this season. And when Tuchel plays with a back 4, one more attacking space will open up. The back 3 might be a short term solution for now and might become a more occasional thing next season. 

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

They are under contract. 

This season is like rehearsal for all of them. They will all get chance. 

We are speaking for 3 most attacking positions on the pitch. Who delivers in terms of numbers and in the final 3rd will play. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I do agree that we're overloaded with attacking options but can't be bad to have options? Feel like Havertz can also play the False 9/ST role and it's also up to the others to step up and do better. It's not like Pulisic and Ziyech are playing well at the moment to deserve complaining about the lack of playing time. They haven't done enough all this season. And when Tuchel plays with a back 4, one more attacking space will open up. The back 3 might be a short term solution for now and might become a more occasional thing next season. 

Tuchel needs to convince all those players that do not play often that they are still in his plans. 

I also believe that players like Ziyech need to play couple of matches in a row to get into their rhythm again. For example, KDB is a top class passing midfielder and when Mou did not use him for 3 months in a row and played him in a cup game, KDB was useless and could not play a simple pass. I was shocked when I saw that.

Having options is good, but having too many options with those kind of names is a disaster because the day will come that they start moaning behind the scenes again. 

We will see in pre season what Tuchel's long term plan is regarding formation, but if he wants that kind of formation to play almost every week, we have way too many players

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Tuchel needs to convince all those players that do not play often that they are still in his plans. 

I also believe that players like Ziyech need to play couple of matches in a row to get into their rhythm again. For example, KDB is a top class passing midfielder and when Mou did not use him for 3 months in a row and played him in a cup game, KDB was useless and could not play a simple pass. I was shocked when I saw that.

Having options is good, but having too many options with those kind of names is a disaster because the day will come that they start moaning behind the scenes again. 

We will see in pre season what Tuchel's long term plan is regarding formation, but if he wants that kind of formation to play almost every week, we have way too many players

TBF, De Bruyne was quite young back then but I definitely don't agree that Mourinho should have binned of course. 

Otherwise, I agree with you. Think a lot will come down to what happens in the summer really because we definitely need to reshape the squad a little. 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

TBF, De Bruyne was quite young back then but I definitely don't agree that Mourinho should have binned of course. 

Otherwise, I agree with you. Think a lot will come down to what happens in the summer really because we definitely need to reshape the squad a little. 

I just hope we did not waste all this money for players that Tuchel does not need for his system. If we switch back to a back 4, I think more players would be happy and they would more or less get a fair chance to prove their worth. 

Funny thing is that during summer, some of our loanees will come back. Guehi should be someone to watch. Ampadu has improved his form big time. Both are perfect in a back 3.

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I just hope we did not waste all this money for players that Tuchel does not need for his system. If we switch back to a back 4, I think more players would be happy and they would more or less get a fair chance to prove their worth. 

Funny thing is that during summer, some of our loanees will come back. Guehi should be someone to watch. Ampadu has improved his form big time. Both are perfect in a back 3.

Looking forward to the inevitable Tuchel v Marina fight! 🤣