• Kante
    • Mount
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

I expect a reaction. A huge reaction. Massive game and another key one to our season.I said that the Goodison's game will show if we have what we need to fight for the title and the answer was  definitely negative. Now we should bounce back and show that we want to comfortably be in the  top 4.

We need  at least Pulisic to be  fit otherwise  will probably watch the same shitshow from today. I don't wanna see Havertz on the wing but I do want him to start and to actually show hunger and desire.

missing all of our wingers could not have come at a worse time. all those tough away games where we would need to play on the counter and teams can push so high bc they know we cant kill them on the break. With so little time for anyone to get fit, expect another close loss here.

46 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Doesn't help us with the lack of wingers tho.

Seriously would consider a 2-striker system here.

Wouldn't mind a 3-4-3 considering our lack of natural wide players. Take a leaf out of Everton's book.

It would mean that Timo & Havertz can play a lot more central and rely on James, Chillwell to provide the width.

Basically have our James and Chillwell push into midfield as wingbacks, keep Kante/Azpi/Silva/Zouma as the defensive shield.

That being said, still favor 4-3-3 and I think that's what Lampard will start with again on Tue.

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Doesn't help us with the lack of wingers tho.

Seriously would consider a 2-striker system here.

Eh? If we play the back 3, then there is less emphasis on the wide attacking players - Werner and say Havertz - to provide the width and they can operate a lot closer to the striker. 

The back 3 worked well against Wolves in both matches last season, although Nuno has started going with the back 4 recently. So, I guess the matchup will be different this time but not a fan of us playing the 4-3-3 with square pegs in round hole if Pulisic isn't available for this one (don't think he will be) or if we don't have any natural wingers available. 

I actually don't want to see Mateo starting.

Against high-pressing sides like Leeds he is pretty useful but against deep-blocks he offers no threat at all.He is not  very good at long shots, he is not the player to exploit the space behind someone,he is just not the one to go between the lines . The combo of Ngolo and him is too passive IMO. Havertz was shocking yesterday but I prefer him being one of the midfield 3 over Kova. At least he is capable of doing something in the final third.