• Mount
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

FL is trying to spin too many plates and keep too many happy. If they are not cutting it drop them

Exactly this, also why he keeps chopping and changing all the time, its bound to hit us hard.

Exactly this, also why he keeps chopping and changing all the time, its bound to hit us hard.
It is hard to not change when Silva only had 1 day of training after jet lag and Mendy being injured.
Azpi is our captain and will get more games and RJ will play the games he does not play. Ziyech and Pulisic are not sharp enough yet after their injuries and it will take time til they reach their full potential.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Just now, killer1257 said:

It is hard to not change when Silva only had 1 day of training after jet lag and Mendy being injured.
Azpi is our captain and will get more games and RJ will play the games he does not play. Ziyech and Pulisic are not sharp enough yet after their injuries and it will take time til they reach their full potential.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I meant overall, the whole team keeps changing game by game. At the end of the day we really should not be dropping pts vs WB and SH, we really shouldnt. So many silly pts lost its crazy. I hope FL pulls through, he cant be sticking with the same excuses for much longer, there are clear fundemental issues at play here.

3 hours ago, Azul said:

What annoys me is his inferior mentality as well. We're 2-1 up against Southampton at HOME and he decides to go defensive which allowed Soton to pressure us. We then concede, but afterwards we score our third goal. Guess what Lamps does? He brings Reece James on because he is afraid of Southamptons pressure and attack. We sit deep as a result and concede yet again.

To think a Chelsea manager would be afraid of Southampton is embarrassing and unacceptable. We don't play like we're the top dogs anymore. Can't believe I'm saying this but we're starting to look like Arsenal under Wenger.

Don't mean to be pedantic but isn't that the opposite of Arsenal under Wenger? They never sat back on leads, not even against Barcelona.

23 hours ago, Special Juan said:

That was fucking disgraceful in all honesty...2-0 up we fucking bottled it. 

Fucking fuming

so what do you say to 3-0 and West Ham coming back. Not saying Lampard is a complete manager but there is no magic wand out there and the gulf has been closed by the lesser teams. If Lampard had lost 6-1 and bottled a 3-0 lead all guns would be out blazing. This is the same Spurs that probably have a better balanced side and a defensive minded, world class manager.

Moral: support your team and hope the players turn up on the day. The grass is always greener on the other side. By the way, the clamour for Poch is laughable.

2 minutes ago, y10edn said:

so what do you say to 3-0 and West Ham coming back. Not saying Lampard is a complete manager but there is no magic wand out there and the gulf has been closed by the lesser teams. If Lampard had lost 6-1 and bottled a 3-0 lead all guns would be out blazing. This is the same Spurs that probably have a better balanced side and a defensive minded, world class manager.

Moral: support your team and hope the players turn up on the day. The grass is always greener on the other side. By the way, the clamour for Poch is laughable.

The same, bottle jobs. You say there is no magic wand but we failed to strengthen an area that was a gaping hole from last season but spent millions at the other end.

Lampard and us bottled that yesterday, Spurs did the same.....

Please don't preach to me about supporting the team, something I have done for 30 years, home and away and spent thousands doing so.

I am sick of people pointing out to individual mistakes.

We know what many said about Alonso after WBA game and even Lamps seems done with him after that but that missplaced pass after header for WBA first goal was something that 3 or 4 players could cover easily later. No one did.

And Kepa did not even play and we conceded 3. Next game he was dropped Emerson did mistake for Spurs goal. Zouma, Chris, Havertz, Silva, Kante, Kepa, Mount, Kova, Azpi, James all had mistakes that lead to conceding goals in just last 3 months.

Our system does not work defensively. Pep won 100 points with Stones, Otamendi, Delph as starters because he knew how to cover their flaws. Napoli also did not suffer because of Jorginho in defense.

Great managers know how to fix weak links, Frank is not one of them. Even if that mistake is 100% of Kepa for their 2nd goal he is not the reason why we lost points. Game did not finished 3:1 it was 3:3. People just need that perfect victim it is either Kepa or Alonso or someone else...

At the moment those two should not even be backups but we have much bigger issues here.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

The same, bottle jobs. You say there is no magic wand but we failed to strengthen an area that was a gaping hole from last season but spent millions at the other end.

We did, but 2/3 said players were unavailable yesterday.

One thing that I completely forgot and is missing in the comments here - we could have easily lost the game. Remember? Saints still had a dangerous attack right after they scored in the final minute. We were in a total chaos.

11 minutes ago, Milan said:

One thing that I completely forgot and is missing in the comments here - we could have easily lost the game. Remember? Saints still had a dangerous attack right after they scored in the final minute. We were in a total chaos.

yes, Theo Walcott  missed by mere inches