• Mount
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

7 hours ago, lucio said:

Exactly , if he wanted to utilise long balls he could have subbed mount for giroud early in the 2nd , but then again vestergard is 6ft 6 so I'm not sure what giroud would have won

He subbed in Abraham for his amazing hold up skillz lol

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Agree it's getting ridiculous now. Against WBA he was our only defender who didn't make a fuck up leading to a goal and he was the one getting the most stick. Infact he was probably the reason it wasn't worse before we started the comeback, he made a couple of very crucial interceptions.

Saturday it was Zouma who fucked up and he's getting the most stick.

I don't think I've ever seen such a ridiculous amount of critisising just because.

Because we are better without him. From the beginning of last season we have just 4 clean sheets with him. Nottingham, Watford, Brighton and Burnley. Any other combo is better option.

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Because we are better without him. From the beginning of last season we have just 4 clean sheets with him. Nottingham, Watford, Brighton and Burnley. Any other combo is better option.

By the same metrics Alonso shouldn't be getting criticsed because our CS and win % is streets ahead with him as opposed to without.

That said i don't think he should be starting for us but this constant calling him out even in games he does little wrong is getting quite strange.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

Agree it's getting ridiculous now. Against WBA he was our only defender who didn't make a fuck up leading to a goal and he was the one getting the most stick. Infact he was probably the reason it wasn't worse before we started the comeback, he made a couple of very crucial interceptions.

Saturday it was Zouma who fucked up and he's getting the most stick.

I don't think I've ever seen such a ridiculous amount of critisising just because.

I agree. I think, apart from the Dipper game where he got himself sent off (and even then, Mane getting the jump on him is hardly criminal considering he is probably the best attacker in the league and once past him Kepa had waited too long to come out) AC has been performing pretty well. As you say, WBA mistakes everywhere, none on him. Soton the same, Brighton another decent, if not great, individual performance. Further, if people where actually watching him without bias they would see he has actually improved his interception rate and is winning more duels. The two key things people criticise him for. 

I am not saying he is great and there are a lot of things he can still improve. However, the fact is, out of him, Tomori, Zouma and Rudiger he has the best reading of the game, tactical discipline and passing under pressure. For this reason, when Thiago is fit I want him as CB2 as he the one that is currently playing the best. Only problem with this will be set pieces but if Mendy is back soon, I'd rather live with AC's aerial ability over Zouma's lacking of positional sense and awful passing under the press.