Kai Havertz

Blues11

9 minutes ago, BlueGuy said:

what do you mean for "special"? just to have an idea

Aside from his performance against CP, all he does is exactly what you would expect from an average player. He makes the easiest passes (usually backwards), loses the ball often, doesn't take on players, etc 

1 hour ago, DANILA said:

Aside from his performance against CP, all he does is exactly what you would expect from an average player. He makes the easiest passes (usually backwards), loses the ball often, doesn't take on players, etc 

He's certainly nowhere near the "generational player" he was being hyped as,  or worth the money we paid,  but he's got more talent than you credit him with.

The entire forward line is a disaster zone, no matter who we play and he really hadn't been that much worse than the rest. Having a rather languid style of play doesn't help him either during this poor run of form. Also,  I do wish he'd put his foot thru the ball when he has a shot at goal, rather than trying to cleverly place it all the time.

I think we'll know by this time next year wether or not he's going to be good enough for us longterm.. Same with a few others like CHIO, Werner, James and Chilwell and maybe even Puli. We have to remember that even some proven quality players at Liverpool have also had poor seasons too.

I disagree that he does not show anything special. There are glimpses of excellent technique esp controlling the football in tight spaces as well as vision. It is just very erratic and moving him around is not going to help esp as a false 9, where he lacks the basics (make runs without the ball).

Obviously he needs to improve, but his inconsistent form matches his young age.

Edited by robsblubot

2 hours ago, DANILA said:

so what do you intend for special player? what should he do?
Havertz has definitely some weaks which i hope he works about, like physical and determination, at my eyes I look him and he seems too relaxed, limp. if he worked he could improve a lot.
Havertz is a N.10, an advanced playmaker, not one like sane, gnabry, mbappe or similar. Who aspected from him  dribbling, shoots etc has taken the wrong player and hasn't seen  playing for BL.

22 hours ago, BlueGuy said:

so what do you intend for special player? what should he do?
Havertz has definitely some weaks which i hope he works about, like physical and determination, at my eyes I look him and he seems too relaxed, limp. if he worked he could improve a lot.
Havertz is a N.10, an advanced playmaker, not one like sane, gnabry, mbappe or similar. Who aspected from him  dribbling, shoots etc has taken the wrong player and hasn't seen  playing for BL.

He should put away the easy chances he gets for a start before being considered anything special. No matter which type of attacking player he is, he should do the basics right.and that is what he is struggling with at the moment. Even in his good games he ist wasteful. I know perfectly well what type of player he is from having watched him for 2 years in Bundesliga and I can 100% understand why people are frustrated with him

• 2 weeks later...

Finally clinical performance from him. 2 chances 2 goals. If he was like this against Everton, Leeds and Palace he would have 5 or 6 more goals now.

I almost feel guilty, cant believe he is ours, we are so happy he is here.

7 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

8 goals and 8 assist now, considering circumstances(late signing, covid, struggles with Lampard) not bad. Next season I expect big things from him.

It's 6 assists, excluding penalties won.

Some of his first touches today were absolutely beautiful, genuinely no other way to describe them 😂

He actually reminds me of Thomas Muller but if he was technically better, could actually manipulate the ball in tight spaces and had real high level footballing intelligence (although that may be a bit harsh on Muller also re footballing intelligence because I have rarely seen someone who just ghost in spaces or positions where the ball ends up as often as with him who isnt a natural forward, although some of the finishes hes put out are just absolutely terrible but still somehow go in).

If we go take the game to Madrid from minute 1 he must start. 

11 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Got the statistics from transfermarkt.de, didn’t know they include penalities won.

thanks!

They count even deflected shots etc... On Transfermarkt you can assist and score the same goal 😆

About Havertz I wanted to add that I like how big standard is set by Tuchel for him. He started just 8 games from 23 under Tuchel.

After first game against Wolves he saw he is not ready and sidelined him for weeks plus that knock injury.

He came back against Everton with great performance and won his place for the next games. But once he dont deliver constantly he is back to bench. 

Kai did not deliver against Brighton and did not start next two games in West Ham and Real. Did not deliver against Porto second leg did not start against City.

Basically the message is: I know you can do it every game and you have to!

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

That was his best performance ever apart from his horrible finishing skills lol

There was a moment in second half when he break Ramos apart with dribbling. He is so lay back, but also wanted to fight Nacho.

Last few games now he's starting to come into a real rich vein of form. Let's hope it continues. 

Looks simplistic at times but as I said before for me, he's very similar but also a much more technically proficient and intelligent version of Thomas Muller 4/5 years ago.  

What is it they used to call Muller? Raumdeuter? Interpreter of space? In the final third, Kai just gets into spaces where you maybe don't think there is any. Or he makes almost near CF like runs off the ball despite being more of a attacking midfielder.

Just needs to add a ruthless streak to his game. 

Edited by OneMoSalah