21. Ben Chilwell

Strike

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Exactly, signing for a club like Chelsea could be the making of him. Slagging off someone before he's kicked a ball for us is ridiculous and let me tell you Lampard wasn't exactly a popular buy when we bought him from West Ham he turned out pretty well didn't he.

It sure would have been had social media, TC etc existed back then...

2 hours ago, Pulisicismydaddy said:

I think it's sad how some are trying to find any excuse for Chilwell and pretend he is better than we've seen this season, you only need to read the Leicester forum to see how happy they are they got 50 mil for an average player. They watched him all season, I'd rather believe them when it comes to Chilwell than some here saying he can improve massively at 24 years old.

What is sad is that people constantly moaning, crying and throwing their toys out of the pram over transfer targets. Not everyone is gonna agree on things, sure, but judging by some reactions on, say, Chilwell here, you would think we are signing someone from Fiji as opposed to an England international.

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

What is sad is that people constantly moaning, crying and throwing their toys out of the pram over transfer targets. Not everyone is gonna agree on things, sure, but judging by some reactions on, say, Chilwell here, you would think we are signing someone from Fiji as opposed to an England international.

the money being discussed for months (£80m range) was the main issue for 95% of us

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It still seems to be an issue for many now, with the 50 million. 

I am much less concerned at £50m than £80m, plus that RM demand of a buy-back clause on Reguilon really pisses me off

we are not a fucking RM training ground, regardless of Eden (we came the better there) or that fuckstick Cuntois (which is on the board as we should have sold him for £80m or so in summer 2017 and then we would not have had to panic buy shit Kepa)

It still seems to be an issue for many now, with the 50 million. 
Yes, because he is still the second most expensive LB of all time. Do not forget the possibility of add ons like the telegraph mentionend.

All the other alternatives cost half the price of Chilwell. So very costly and high expectations for a guy that did not have a good last season. Also, we criticise Emerson and Alonso when Mahrez destroys them, but Chilwell gets destroyed by Mahrez too. I have also seen Lamptey destroying Chilwell. Moreover, he has been injured for two months now. So many reasons why we should stay away from Chilwell.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I am much less concerned at £50m than £80m, plus that RM demand of a buy-back clause on Reguilon really pisses me off

Yep, same here.

I'm not 100% sold on Chillwell's quality but all possible LB signings right now (Chillwell, Reguilon, Telles, Tagliafico) are gambles and at a much lower price than the £80M initially reported I'm more than happy with getting Chillwell if that's who Lampard really wants.

Surely Lampard and the rest of the coaching team have watched him extensively and know what they're getting to ask the club to commit that much funds for his signature. To say it's "English bias" is just lazy because Lamps has already gotten Werner, Ziyech and looking to get Havertz. He could easily have just gone for English alternative like Jack Grealish if being English mattered that much but it doesn't.

27 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Yes, because he is still the second most expensive LB of all time. Do not forget the possibility of add ons like the telegraph mentionend.

Thing is, around 50m seems to be the new normal market price for that kind of player.

For full-backs that price has been paid for Walker, Wan-Bissaka, B. Mendy, F. Mendy and Cancelo in the last couple years. As far as the fee is concerned it matters fuck all whether it's a LB or RB.

And Lucas Hernandez went for €80M too, although with Davies playing as well as he has Hernandez has played primarily CB at Bayern.

The add-ons for Chillwell were reported at €5M. If Chillwell is a big success, does it really matter if the club have to pay a few million more to Leicester in a year or two? And if he doesn't come good, it's very likely the add-ons will never be paid.

27 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

All the other alternatives cost half the price of Chilwell. So very costly and high expectations for a guy that did not have a good last season. Also, we criticise Emerson and Alonso when Mahrez destroys them, but Chilwell gets destroyed by Mahrez too. I have also seen Lamptey destroying Chilwell. Moreover, he has been injured for two months now. So many reasons why we should stay away from Chilwell.

You keep bringing up the games against Mahrez and Lamptey. Don't you think you could find similarly bad games for literally any player on the planet? Reguilon was shit defensively just this week against Manchester United but I don't see many people constantly bringing that up, instead everyone just creams their pants over his goal assist in the game.

5 minutes ago, Jype said:

Yep, same here.

I'm not 100% sold on Chillwell's quality but all possible LB signings right now (Chillwell, Reguilon, Telles, Tagliafico) are gambles and at a much lower price than the £80M initially reported I'm more than happy with getting Chillwell if that's who Lampard really wants.

Surely Lampard and the rest of the coaching team have watched him extensively and know what they're getting to ask the club to commit that much funds for his signature. To say it's "English bias" is just lazy because Lamps has already gotten Werner, Ziyech and looking to get Havertz. He could easily have just gone for English alternative like Jack Grealish if being English mattered that much but it doesn't.

Thing is, around 50m seems to be the new normal market price for that kind of player.

For full-backs that price has been paid for Walker, Wan-Bissaka, B. Mendy, F. Mendy and Cancelo in the last couple years. As far as the fee is concerned it matters fuck all whether it's a LB or RB.

And Lucas Hernandez went for €80M too, although with Davies playing as well as he has Hernandez has played primarily CB at Bayern.

The add-ons for Chillwell were reported at €5M. If Chillwell is a big success, does it really matter if the club have to pay a few million more to Leicester in a year or two? And if he doesn't come good, it's very likely the add-ons will never be paid.

You keep bringing up the games against Mahrez and Lamptey. Don't you think you could find similarly bad games for literally any player on the planet? Reguilon was shit defensively just this week against Manchester United but I don't see many people constantly bringing that up, instead everyone just creams their pants over his goal assist in the game.

THANK YOU!

And don't ever leave again, Jype! :cry:

18 minutes ago, Jype said:

Reguilon was shit defensively just this week against Manchester United but I don't see many people constantly bringing that up.

no he was not

I agree with the rest, but not that at all

he was the highest rated non GK defensively v Manure

ed346489f7a6f7967180b8d6fe14a3a0.png

and the highest rated fullback in the EL finals last week in Germany up until the final game (waiting the final update)

b50742e4c9b009a1d477117d5ca261c7.png

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

no he was not

I agree with the rest, but not that at all

he was the highest rated non GK defensively v Manure

Those ratings would have looked a lot different if United hadn't messed up all their glorious goalscoring chances with bad finishing. Their defense as a whole conceded a ton of chances and Reguilon was a part of that.

Just now, Jype said:

Those ratings would have looked a lot different if United hadn't messed up all their glorious goalscoring chances with bad finishing. Their defense as a whole conceded a ton of chances and Reguilon was a part of that.

that is not how it works

you cannot go back and reverse engineer the past 25,000 games for could-haves, should-haves, would-haves

not my problem those Manc cunts fucked up good chances

they left Germany with nothing in terms of medals or trophies

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

that is not how it works

you cannot go back and reverse engineer the past 25,000 games for could-haves, should-haves, would-haves

not my problem those Manc cunts fucked up good chances

they left Germany with nothing in terms of medals or trophies

Agree to disagree then. I don't consider a team/player to have had a good performance defensively if they conceded a lot of clear-cut chances, whether they end up as goals or not. I don't care what the stats say about that, I will rather go with what I see with my own eyes.

And anyway I was responding to a guy who kept going on and on about Chillwell being 'destroyed' by Lamptey. That game ended 0-0 so going by your logic Chillwell must have had a glorious game that day, having kept a clean sheet and all. ;)