21. Ben Chilwell

Strike

27 minutes ago, lucio said:

Average bog standard PL left back , some people act like he’s 17 but he will be 24 this year and i doubt he can improve much 

Putting Chilwell aside, comments like these make me wish social media had existed back in 2003 or 2004 like today because it would have been "very interesting". 

16 hours ago, killer1257 said:

I hope we still have some money for Havertz left. Would be furious if we sign Chilwell and have no money left for Havertz

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I understand we want to sign them both.

Would be furious if we sell Kanté. Better sell, Jorginho, Barkley, Emerson, Christensen, Batshuayi, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, etc.

1 hour ago, lucio said:

Average bog standard PL left back , some people act like he’s 17 but he will be 24 this year and i doubt he can improve much 

Would love to know how you rate Alonso and Emerson.

1 hour ago, lucio said:

Well ironically, I think some people are acting as if he same age as Alonso and can't improve and have already written him off. He has loads of years left and loads of room to improve. I think season before last he was excellent actually and even for England his performances have been impressive. 

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

Well ironically, I think some people are acting as if he same age as Alonso and can't improve and have already written him off. He has loads of years left and loads of room to improve. I think season before last he was excellent actually and even for England his performances have been impressive. 

I think its just more to do with the fact his fifa stats ain't very impressive lmao 

I do think the price is outrageous but while that may be, Chilwell has already established himself in the PL and has shown he can compete at a high level despite the pace and physicality of the league. With a stronger side around him I think his play will also be elevated. Reguilion and Tagliafico are insane question marks that may or may not translate to the PL at all and for the ~30m or so we would pay for either, that's a lot for me to want to risk. For me, the risk of the others even at 30m is harder to swallow than paying a premium for an Englishman already proven in the league to be a good talent when its imperative that we don't take any Ls on players not acclimatizing to the league. 

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Why do people bang on about players not being able to improve from around the age of 24 upwards!

Absolute nonsense.

There are literally a thousand cases to prove otherwise. 

Depends on the aspects that people are citing potential improvement on.

With Chilwell I'll say there is scope for improvement as a lot of his issues seem to be in his head and tactical, with good and patient coaching that's fixable.

However I do chuckle when people use the age excuse when it comes to the subject of players having limited to no technical ability, if a player struggles to control a football at 18, he won't start doing so at any point.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Why do people bang on about players not being able to improve from around the age of 24 upwards!

Absolute nonsense.

There are literally a thousand cases to prove otherwise. 

Serge Gnabry the most recent case...

34 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Serge Gnabry the most recent case...

Gnabry was only just turned 20 years old then, when the fool Pulis said that

and he already was turning into a beast 2 and half  years years ago (he had an explosive December onward Bundesliga in 2017/18, under Nagelsmann), when he was 22 (he was injured for months at the beginning of that season)

16dbaa04485e358b0036ba3c6b0556b1.png

I challenge people to show me these 'thousands' (that is a number that has been claimed) of players who post 24yo, so 25 years of age and on, exploded out of nowhere