• Giroud
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Anthony Taylor

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Setting up to play the high line against Arsenal was silly. Unless we press them, we needed to drop off whenever they get on the ball or just defend deeper. Instead, we did neither and repeatedly got caught out by simple route one football, which somehow got Arteta praised by journalists for this supposedly tactical masterclass. :doh: 

That is a bit silly by us. I don't understand why we don't drop more, this is on Lamp.

Watching us press kinda scare me especially when I see Jorginho and kova go up, anytime both of them press, I freaked out especially Jorginho, he can't recover. 

11 minutes ago, Mana said:

Yes, just yes.
At the Emirates, we were never going to score until Leno made that horrific mistake, while rattled the mindset of Arsenal. We took advantage and scored the winner.

At SB, we were control for most of the game but we never actually troubled Arsenal. 2-1 up, Kante made a mistake then it was 2-2 and while we were looking for that third, we failed to because Arsenal were compact. You have a case though that Arsenal never looked like scoring either since the equaliser.

Arsenal "dominated" the first 15/20 minutes at The Emirates before a switch by Lampard had Arsenal pinned back for the rest of the game (granted we didn't create as much as we should have but Arsenal couldn't get out), they didn't even have a shot between their goal and Willocks chance just before our goal. By the same logic Lampard won the tactical battle yesterday because we came out of the blocks firing before Arteta made tweeks.

As for The Stamford Bridge game, I'm really not going to bother explaining why a team who had 17 less shots than their opponents with their keeper being their best player didn't dominate or win any tactical battle.

But but Mount is Lampard's....oh never mind.
Mount will always be on the team sheet. I have accepted it, regardless if he offers something or not. Kovacic will lose his place in the starting eleven and midfield will be Mount-Kante-Havertz. If Pulisic is injured longer, he will play LW before CHO (poor lad). CHO should try to get loaned out.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Mana said:

This is why you got to understand. Just because we have most of the ball, doesn’t mean we did fantastic. Emirates:
Arsenal dominated the first 20 minutes, got a goal to show for it.
Yes we switched it up because of how poor we were. We dominated the rest of the game, but failed to score. No hitting posts, next to no shots troubling Leno...what’s the point of dominating the game if we can’t score?? We were 1-0 down until the 80th-something minute!
It took a Leno mistake for us to equalise. We never looked like scoring until THAT.

We pinned Arsenal for most of this final. Who got the most joy in the end? Arteta had a gameplan (rubbish one mind you) but it worked. And it almost worked at the Emirates. Did the same thing at SB as well. We dominate but can’t finish them, and they took advantage 2/3 times.

But the point is, in those two league games Arteta "outsmarted" Lampard about as much as Di Matteo outsmarted the managers he/we faced en route to winning the CL.

Arteta didn't plan to spend 65/70 minutes in his stadium with his team camped in his final third barely able to string two passes together, that's not a "masterclass" neither is shit housing a draw through your only two meaningful ventures into the oppositions final third.

He did well yesterday I'll give him his dues there but in absolutely no way did he do anything of note in those two league games against us, let alone anything that constitutes a tactical battering.

11 minutes ago, Mana said:

This is why you got to understand. Just because we have most of the ball, doesn’t mean we did fantastic. Emirates:
Arsenal dominated the first 20 minutes, got a goal to show for it.
Yes we switched it up because of how poor we were. We dominated the rest of the game, but failed to score. No hitting posts, next to no shots troubling Leno...what’s the point of dominating the game if we can’t score?? We were 1-0 down until the 80th-something minute!
It took a Leno mistake for us to equalise. We never looked like scoring until THAT.

We pinned Arsenal for most of this final. Who got the most joy in the end? Arteta had a gameplan (rubbish one mind you) but it worked. And it almost worked at the Emirates. Did the same thing at SB as well. We dominate but can’t finish them, and they took advantage 2/3 times.

Yes, we coukd not finish, do you know why?

Our combined front 3 was 60m £ yesterday, do you how much arsenal spent on each of their front 3 of pepe, auba and laca.

Replace Giroud and mount with werner and ziyech and those same performances and tactics at SB and Emirates would see us win easily. 

12 hours ago, Tomo said:

My stance has been the same for quite some time.

The standard of officiating all over Europe is hopeless. Until something is done we will benefit from it and get screwed over from it.

However shit the ref was today doesn't change the fact that we should have put this sorry excuse of an Arsenal side to bed and failing that, not given them a way back in with peak Allardyce route one.

No the refs are fine in other countries, you dont see this shit in CL and especially this often, you dont see such incompetence in Italy Germany France etc. They are bent, the game has been stolen from us and we witness it every game. Now they have VAR and they are worse, why is VAR fine in other leagues but not here? How can one be so poor and still keep his job and if you dare to speak up they punish you? The game is rigged simple as.

10 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

No the refs are fine in other countries, you dont see this shit in CL and especially this often, you dont see such incompetence in Italy Germany France etc. They are bent, the game has been stolen from us and we witness it every game. Now they have VAR and they are worse, why is VAR fine in other leagues but not here? How can one be so poor and still keep his job and if you dare to speak up they punish you? The game is rigged simple as.

We don't see this in the CL? We were the benefactors of an absolutely outrageous stream of rubbish decisions against Ajax which ultimately saved us from going out of the group stage. Not to mention Barca gate in 09.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We don't see this in the CL? We were the benefactors of an absolutely outrageous stream of rubbish decisions against Ajax which ultimately saved us from going out of the group stage. Not to mention Barca gate in 09.

Those are rare instances, in EPL its weekly........a huge difference. Other leagues are doing just fine too. And the so called mistakes they make here are out of this world.

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I am not big fan of conspiracy theory, imo epl referee is not bad in general especially after i watched Bundesliga

But having said that, Anthony Taylor had too many bad game refereeing us. 

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

I am not big fan of conspiracy theory, imo epl referee is not bad in general especially after i watched Bundesliga

For starters, Bundesliga's VAR is a lot better than the Premier League's and hell, the referees over there actually use the pitch-side monitor!

49 minutes ago, Mana said:

Nah, if you judge game solely on result you are being a pundit. Yesterday game was very easy we were sh**t and arsenal were sh**t also. The difference we had puli, kante, azpi and Willian injured. They have their full team. 

Just now, Jason said:

For starters, Bundesliga's VAR is a lot better than the Premier League's and hell, the referees over there actually use the pitch-side monitor!

I am not talking pitch side monitor, more on referee decision. I watched one of leipzig game to watch werner. I can't remember against whom but somebody from the opponent got a straight red card by making last man tackle but he got the ball first, it was quite obvious but var didn't correct referee decision. 

6 minutes ago, communicate said:

I am not talking pitch side monitor, more on referee decision. I watched one of leipzig game to watch werner. I can't remember against whom but somebody from the opponent got a straight red card by making last man tackle but he got the ball first, it was quite obvious but var didn't correct referee decision. 

As if the Premier League doesn't have that problem...

VAR is in place to make crucial and game changing decisions.

The rule states it cannot be used to overturn red/yellow cards.....so is that not a game changing or crucial decision?

It's not fit for purpose and until it is made clear that it will be used for everything, and I mean everything then it's absolutely pointless.

https://www.givemesport.com/1588140-chelsea-twitter-thread-about-wrong-decisions-anthony-taylor-has-made-against-the-blues?autoplay=on

now tell me there is no agenda vs us. Conspiracy theory my ass. Man City getting bailed out by Cas, 20noens for Utd, just as many decisions from the same ref vs us. This is all to blatant. Happening right before our eyes. All EPL refs are corrupted and VAR is a scam

18 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

https://www.givemesport.com/1588140-chelsea-twitter-thread-about-wrong-decisions-anthony-taylor-has-made-against-the-blues?autoplay=on

now tell me there is no agenda vs us. Conspiracy theory my ass. Man City getting bailed out by Cas, 20noens for Utd, just as many decisions from the same ref vs us. This is all to blatant. Happening right before our eyes. All EPL refs are corrupted and VAR is a scam

I am amazed there are still folks not seeing this, I mean what the hell is needed before they can admit the shit stinks to high heaven.