• Giroud
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Anthony Taylor

12 minutes ago, Mana said:

Don't worry. Next season, as long we upgrade our CB, LB and GK, we will beat Arsenal every time.

Is there even a guarantee that we will buy ALL of those this summer? Yes, we need to improve in those areas but we also need to sell some players off to generate funds and a problem now is finding buyers for the deadwoods in this current pandemic situation. 

I'm just really looking forward to having so many more options in attack that can create magic and have a lot more invention. No more "give it to Hazard/Pulisic and hope for magic." Right now we just have too many attacking players who can only summon quality performances every few games. Giroud, Willian, etc. are great options but not consistently the level we need.

Having Ziyech, Werner, and hopefully Havertz will just give us a massive injection of quality. We're just 3-4 signings away from having no awesome side.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'm just really looking forward to having so many more options in attack that can create magic and have a lot more invention. No more "give it to Hazard/Pulisic and hope for magic." Right now we just have too many attacking players who can only summon quality performances every few games. Giroud, Willian, etc. are great options but not consistently the level we need.

Having Ziyech, Werner, and hopefully Havertz will just give us a massive injection of quality. We're just 3-4 signings away from having no awesome side.

Fully agreed with you mate. Obviously next season we are different "animal". First we must must sort our defence. I simply can't trust Zouma and Rudiger. It's going to be massive and crucial transfer window for the club.

At this rate are we hoping to win games 5-3 next season? Back line is atrocious with zero understanding of how to work as a unit right now.  With no ability to defend set pieces (or score from them but that's a different story).

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

My stance has been the same for quite some time.

The standard of officiating all over Europe is hopeless. Until something is done we will benefit from it and get screwed over from it.

However shit the ref was today doesn't change the fact that we should have put this sorry excuse of an Arsenal side to bed and failing that, not given them a way back in with peak Allardyce route one.

That's it. We started brightly..scored then fell apart after. Water break helped them regroup and we didnt look like getting much after..especially after it went a bit wrong.

Still.. 3rd FA Cup final loss to Arsenal is crap...least no fans there to make it more annoying.

My poor nan lol..hardly seen any games this season cause only got free view..then gets to endure this.

There needs to be a suspension/demotion system for referees who have consistently poor performances. There being ZERO accountability when they fuck over teams is crazy. If one of them has a shocker and makes egregious errors they should be fined or something. Or demoted to a lower league for a week.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

There needs to be a suspension/demotion system for referees who have consistently poor performances. There being ZERO accountability when they fuck over teams is crazy. If one of them has a shocker and makes egregious errors they should be fined or something. Or demoted to a lower league for a week.

Pretty sure they get demoted to a lower league if they have a bad game etc. But what is the point overall? If they are shit, they will still be shit. 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Pretty sure they get demoted to a lower league if they have a bad game etc. But what is the point overall? If they are shit, they will still be shit. 

The FA need to expand VAR then I guess. Allow refs up in the booth to quickly view a wider range of situations like that ridiculous second yellow for Kova today. That way there's a second opinion if a ref blows it on the pitch. Give them as few ways to make mistakes as possible

Didn't watch the game (at the lake). I can say this though, I like Jori but he can't play in a 2 man midfield too much ground to cover leaving big gaps. And our wing backs don't offer enough of a threat going forward to balance it out. Which doesn't help the back 3! This is on SF, Managers are suppose to put plays in position to succeed. Hope he improves on this next year.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

My stance has been the same for quite some time.

The standard of officiating all over Europe is hopeless. Until something is done we will benefit from it and get screwed over from it.

However shit the ref was today doesn't change the fact that we should have put this sorry excuse of an Arsenal side to bed and failing that, not given them a way back in with peak Allardyce route one.

Agreed.

Wish I was @Pizy after a shitshow like this. At least he doesnt care about this kind of games. 😁

We lost. We lost in final. Against arsenal. Playing like shit. Two injured players. The ref was a twat. Var was twat too. Everything wrong with football happend today ffs.

4 hours ago, DDA said:

Tomo, Tomo, Tomo.. 😔

Do you think the refs performance today was an acceptable one?

While ref was crap this loss is all on us. 

Arsenal is one sorry ass team and yet we broke down mentaly like some kids. The defending was amateur level. We should comfortably win this, but todays performance was ligue 2 level. Complete disaster on mental and tactical level. 

This game actualy makes me wonder how are Jorginho, Rudiger, Alonso and Zouma pro footballers. They looked like they play footie for the first time. 

Its not the loss. Its the attitude, the spirit, the fight. We gave none. We were just shit. Accepted we will lose and couldnt even pass the ball normaly. And that against a team that is beyond crap too. 

The players deserve this shame. How the fuck can you be a pro player, get into final, play in the final against biggest rival and then put a half arsed performance like Rudiger or Jorgi did? 

If I was there I would not allow them to be anywhere near first 11 or even club. That rotten mentality, zero fight and not just that they didnt give two fucks, even if they did they still looked like complete amateurs. Kovacic and attackers were semi decent, rest of the team does not deserve this shirt. This has been going on for years now. We play well, then not. Then well again. And then games like this or Fa 2017 happen where we turn into amateurs in biggest game of the season. There is something wrong mentaly or something because we are constantly seeing a team that could beat the best and then a week later a team that would struggle in championship. 

Also what is James doing? Mount? Okay, arse arent great but you saw their young players at least put on their brave face and perform at their best. Our players were there stealing a living. Its fa cup final, you play there for the first time. Care goddamnit. Run like never before. Motivate yourself to beat those cunts. But noo lets just pussy out for entire game.

Also Lamps. Why such high line? Where was transition to attack? Why wasnt Odoi playing more? Where were impact subs? So naive...

Sorry for the rant. Hopefuly we strenghten the backline bigtime this summer. This one is pathetic.

48 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Wish I was @Pizy after a shitshow like this. At least he doesnt care about this kind of games. 😁

We lost. We lost in final. Against arsenal. Playing like shit. Two injured players. The ref was a twat. Var was twat too. Everything wrong with football happend today ffs.

I'm annoyed but nothing more. I'm too excited by what we're going to be next season to really be too upset about the FA cup. 

A few days from now everyone will have forgotten about this loss. All focus now is on Havertz and some defensive reinforcements to ensure results like this don't happen again.

Its cliche but today was not our day...Azpi and Puli getting injured in the same game, and the ref having a crap day (probably Antony Taylor's chance to take revenge after we knocked his beloved United out of the competition)

Like @Tomo said, these horrible ref decisions tend to even themselves over the course of a season. Shame that it happened in a cup final, but we could have done better in terms of our own performance..

I couldn't watch this match live, but watching the first 20 minutes of our play (high press and fast attack) from this game, fills me with excitement for the next season, when we have our new signings integrated. It would be enough to put most sides to the sword.

Onwards and upwards.