• Willian
    • Mount
    • Giroud
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)

Just now, Jason said:

No chance West Ham will do anything useful tonight. They are awful. 

well, let's just win and end it now :)

I don't give a toss if we are 3rd or 4th, especially if we also win the FA Cup

I would take 4th and FA Cup all day long over 3rd and no FA Cup or even 3rd and a League Cup

also, I am NOT saying West Ham do fuckall, but this season, anything is possible, I have never seen so many 10th place to 3rd place teams smash up the other top 10 teams and yet then absolutely shit their pants against utter dregs, hell even Shitty is doing that

14 hours ago, Jason said:

Maybe it's still almost a day away but am not sure what to feel about this game.

On one hand, this is a free hit for us but if we win, Top 4 is secured. On the other hand, if we don't win, we still have another game to do it but it sets up a tense final day against a Wolves side that still look motivated and going strong. God knows what's gonna happen with us on Sunday if it comes to that and even the Leicester v Man United game. United may take things slightly easier if they beat West Ham tomorrow.

In many ways it going to the final game will help us in the cup final (although I'd obviously rather not chance it if given the choice).

We will still be 'in the zone' as far as playing for something in the league whereas Arsenal are practically playing freindlies at this point. You would think that would bring the extra competitive sharpness.

If we lose tonight and United win, I don't trust them AT ALL to beat Leicester. When teams really press United and get at them (like ourselves and Southampton have done recently) they look poor. And that's the exact thing Leicester will do to them with the extra incentive of CL at play.

We HAVE to win one of these 2 games, imo. Can't count on United to bail us out.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If we lose tonight and United win, I don't trust them AT ALL to beat Leicester. When teams really press United and get at them (like ourselves and Southampton have done recently) they look poor. And that's the exact thing Leicester will do to them with the extra incentive of CL at play.

WHU will press them if they can still be bothered now that they are safe. However, I agree. I think we need to either hope for a Utd loss/draw tonight then a minimum of a draw tonight against the Dippers. I personally do not trust us not to buckle against Wolves if we need to win. 

I'm past thinking of potential scenarios, I am nervous as fuck about tonight.
I'm glad I have got my keeper coaching classes from 5pm until 7:30pm to keep my mind occupied.
What are your predictions? Usually, you are right most of the times [emoji102]

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, Pizy said:

But at the same time, the Spurs-Leicester game also showed that Leicester can be gotten at easily if you can get past their press.

And even if United win tonight, they can't slack off on Sunday either because a defeat to Leicester and us getting a win could well see them finish in 5th. 

40 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I didn't watch soton vs united, but the key is pogba. If pogba played well and can bypass your press, good luck pressing United for 90 min. 

343 tonight please SFL. Team should be as follows; 

Kepa 

Dave.        AC.       Rudi

James.                                             Alonso 

Kova.        Mount/Jorgi

Willian.              Giroud.               Puli 

Bench: Willy, Zouma, Emerson, Jorgi/Mount, Barkley, RLC, CHO, Pedro, Tammy

Things that I have considered. 

1) Zouma/AC. This season has proven these two are respectively incompetent at dealing: physical teams (AC) and high press teams (Zouma). Please let this not be forgotten as it was at Sheff Utd when AC started. 

2) Giroud/Tammy. Giroud is currently one of our best players and Tammy has been dire in his last two starts. Lets remember this. 

3) Mount/Jorgi. Torn on this one, could do with Mount's pressing but also need Jorgi's passing ability under the press. Coin flip on this one. My preference is for Mount to start and Jorgi to calm things down later on when the pace is a little slower. Understand if it goes the other way. 

4) 433/343 - We need to defend properly for the first 60-70 mins as they are a lot fresher than us. A draw is ok in this one for us. Do not let us go gung ho, have our pants pulled down and then have us under huge pressure for Wolves. Also, 343 is the formation we need against Wolves so lets not chop and change it too much. If we concede early take off one of Alonso/James and put on one of the midfielders. 

21 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

If we win tonight, clear the bench and put them all on the pitch vs Wolves. Save the starters for FA final. A win tonight would be huge for two reasons.

I'm not sure, I mean if we had the cup final in midweek then goes without saying but I'm not comfortable with our players having a whole week and a half without match practice before a big final.