• Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hodgson and Palace can basically mess things up in the Top 4 race. 

They also play Spurs in their final game, I think, but not that it will matter.

Yet they rolled over for a poor Leicester side today. The thing with teams that are on the beach is, once they concede one they basically stop playing. Getting the first goal vs Palace will be crucial. The good thing is, away games inside London with no travelling and opposition fans are like home matches on a slightly different pitch (Selhurst park has almos the exact same measurements as SB).

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Another muscle injury...

sell him

how many times do I have to say this

it is going to be nothing but troubles from here on out and he is so NOT a WC player at all under Sarri nor Lamps

to claim he is still is pure gaslighting

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Kante has played every game since the restart and has now gotten a muscle injury. Someone better wrap Pulisic in a cotton wool! :rant:

Well...with Kovacic, and now possibly also Kante, missing a game...I hope that Lampard does not resort to playing Billy Gilmour over Jorginho in the middle of the park.

Billy has not looked the same since the restart, and is a defensive liability.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

sell him

how many times do I have to say this

it is going to be nothing but troubles from here on out and he is so NOT a WC player at all under Sarri nor Lamps

to claim he is still is pure gaslighting

Everybody needs to hear this and get on board with it.

I don't mind what Frank says for public consumption. I don't even mind if he means what he says because he feels he needs all the resources he can get. I do think he has to hear this song however. In any case, Frank is a bright man; we don't need to worry about his ability to assess the situation.

5 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Solid win and performance, Barkley and Mason brilliant.

How much of a class act is Pulisic though, what a fucking player he is.

It was astonishing to me that, with all the transfer fever going around, many people were proposing first choice XI's without Pulli in them. Made no sense, but I hope no one will be repeating that error now.

5 hours ago, King Kante said:

Zouma needs to start against Palace

Agreed.

Giroud has take the starting CF role

That's a certainty.

Willian is doing enough to keep his place

More than enough I think.

5 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I wouldn't start Tammy in a league match until he rediscovers his scoring form.

I very much doubt that Tammy will be sold, or loaned, at the end of the season. This makes it inevitable that he will get starts somewhere along the line but he can never become The starter for us. He does not have the quality. I feel bad being so blunt about such a likeable lad who demonstrates a huge commitment to the club, but we can't just wish our preferred realities into existence. No matter what Trump thinks.

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

Don't know why Willian has been mentioned as poor today. He was great. Been great since the restart. 

As long as he doesn't prevent us from going after Havertz I'd offer him another 2 years. Could be a phenomenal weapon off the bench.

I'm only just reading through the thread, and as I tend to do, I'm reading it from the most recent posts and working backward. I therefore haven't yet seen comments about Willian being poor but I'm really surprised by posts like that. I actually made him player of the match today. I wouldn't object to a new contract on squad player terms. If he's holding out for the reported £12m a year however, than, as @Vesper would say, that's a hard pass.