• Giroud
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

sell him

how many times do I have to say this

it is going to be nothing but troubles from here on out and he is so NOT a WC player at all under Sarri nor Lamps

to claim he is still is pure gaslighting

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Everybody needs to hear this and get on board with it.

I don't mind what Frank says for public consumption. I don't even mind if he means what he says because he feels he needs all the resources he can get. I do think he has to hear this song however. In any case, Frank is a bright man; we don't need to worry about his ability to assess the situation.

This is the one disadvantage of having a world class player who gives you his peak years, at some point his peak passes but his status remains. It leaves them harder to drop than what a player at their present day level normally would be and it heavily divides the fan base into two groups, the one's who can separate emotion with the new reality and the one's who still cling on.

We felt this to an even bigger degree with the old guard. 

That said I don't think Kante has turned shit he still gives us a solid 6-7 in terms of individual performance the problem is he's just a square peg in a round hole in terms of the system (which is why I moan about the fact he always seems to get in when fit no matter what). He's not a better number 6 than Jorgi or Billy, he's not a better number 8 then Kova or even Ross and he certainly can't link the midfield and attack aswell as Mount does, which means he should be a horses for courses player (if he remains).

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

We felt this to an even bigger degree with the old guard

You are absolutely right about this.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

That said I don't think Kante has turned shit he still gives us a solid 6-7 in terms of individual performance

True, and this is very much a part of the argument @Vesper makes. Selling at the right moment is clever squad planning. It was very much Liverpool's mantra back in their glory years. They used to say it was important to make sure that your players' legs went when they we're on someone else books, not yours.

Selling while a new club still believes in what a player can offer them maximises his remaining transfer value, and should be in every director of football's playbook.

47 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You are absolutely right about this.

True, and this is very much a part of the argument @Vesper makes. Selling at the right moment is clever squad planning. It was very much Liverpool's mantra back in their glory years. They used to say it was important to make sure that your players' legs went when they we're on someone else books, not yours.

Selling while a new club still believes in what a player can offer them maximises his remaining transfer value, and should be in every director of football's playbook.

Fully agree and I've even gone as far as saying how he deals with the Kante situation (plus any future examples) will go a long way to shape him as a manager.

A ruthless edge is what separates/seperated the likes of Fergie, Mou, Pep, Klopp and to an extent Conte (elite managers who have had periods of domination) from the likes of Carlo,Rafa and Wenger (very good managers but lacked that extra something to dominante the way the former mentioned manager's have done at various points).

20 hours ago, Tomo said:

Fully agree and I've even gone as far as saying how he deals with the Kante situation (plus any future examples) will go a long wat to shape him as a manager.

A ruthless edge is what separates/seperated the likes of Fergie, Mou, Pep, Klopp and to an extent Conte (elite managers who have had periods of domination) from the likes of Carlo,Rafa and Wenger (very good managers but lacked that extra something to dominante the way the former mentioned manager's have done at various points.

Given the amount of time I spend watching football; reading, talking and typing about it, it would be reasonable for everyone to conclude that it is my favourite sport. Anyone who thinks that would have been misled however. Cricket is the greatest game ever invented. I've been in love with it since I was too young to go to school, and today is my younger daughter's 30th birthday so that's been a while now.

In theory, I think everyone in football would agree with us on the value of selling at the right time. The question is whether they can summon the confidence to actually pull the trigger when it comes to parting with a good player. When the theory meets the reality, it seems that the deed is easier said than done.

In all those years of following cricket I've heard many generations of ex-captains complaining from the commentary booth about their successors being too conservative with their declarations. "He should have declared an hour and a half earlier to give his bowlers more time to get the wickets.", or "He should have left them a smaller target so they would have chased it because, when a side is chasing runs, you have a better chance to get them out." Ex-captains always espouse that opinion once they've put down their bats and taken up a microphone, but while they're out in the middle making the decision, they always err on the side of caution.

As I've stated since he was playing for us, I believe in Frank's potential as a manager. As you say however, the way he handles this situation will be an indicator of how successfully he might convert that potential into achievement.

56 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Thank you.

Never heard of them before today. I'm on an adventure of exploration. I was in a quiz recently where a question was asked about One Direction and I had to admit that I had never heard a single one of their songs so I promised I would listen to some, and I did. Life's for learning. :)

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

This is the one disadvantage of having a world class player who gives you his peak years, at some point his peak passes but his status remains. It leaves them harder to drop than what a player at their present day level normally would be and it heavily divides the fan base into two groups, the one's who can separate emotion with the new reality and the one's who still cling on.

We felt this to an even bigger degree with the old guard. 

That said I don't think Kante has turned shit he still gives us a solid 6-7 in terms of individual performance the problem is he's just a square peg in a round hole in terms of the system (which is why I moan about the fact he always seems to get in when fit no matter what). He's not a better number 6 than Jorgi or Billy, he's not a better number 8 then Kova or even Ross and he certainly can't link the midfield and attack aswell as Mount does, which means he should be a horses for courses player (if he remains).

With Kante starting 3/4 games in a row, it is quite obvious what Lamp want to build.

He want to play two aggressive 8/10 in front of a dm. This mean that dm need to be first and foremost excellent at defending. Otherwise you need to play inverted fb and Guardiola football which i don't want to touch. 

22 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Thank you.

Never heard of them before today. I'm on an adventure of exploration. I was in a quiz recently where a question was asked about One Direction and I had to admit that I had never heard a single one of their songs so I promised I would listen to some, and I did. Life's for learning. :)

do yourself a favour and forget you ever saw the name One Direction, lololol

38 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Thank you.

Wow how you manage to escape that one?! 

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Shady business, I tell you. Shady business...

He is just blowing smoke, he knows they are fucked. No chance they are not punished. If not then im sure every club will be in arms and ffp utterly thrown to the wind.