Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Just because you didn't know anyone, doesn't mean they didn't exist. I've heard quite a few people criticize him when he was here.

Well they weren't at any of the games I went to, any of the trains I travelled on or any of the pubs I watched games in so I really don't value their opinion that highly.

My point (that you of course disagree with) Mikel is among the better DMs in the world now. He's no Makalele, but he's very good.

On a side note, JT better than Nesta? Seriously? John is my favorite current Chelsea player, but even I don't overrate this much.

Maybe we've just forgotten how good DMs can be?

And yes, JT is better than Nesta in my opinion. He reads the game better than almost any defender I can remember in the last decade which he had to do because (like Tony Adams and Bobby Moore) he didn't have much pace to rely on. Nesta is better physically and a truly tremendous defender, but JT's intangibles make him the better player in my opinion.

My post did not contain any statistic and yet you felt the need attack all the use of statistics. If you believe your opinion is 100% logical, why so defensive and insecure?

I'm not defensive or insecure and i made it clear that the over-reliance on statistics (when it suits people it should be noted) is not something unique to you, or even something you do. I was referring to the wider debate on Mikel which tends to include pass completion and how many passes went forward (which is a stupid debate to have).

This argument is just goes in circles and is unlikely to change anyone's mind. So I suggest we leave it at this. I know you'll reply because you seem to always want to have the last say ( kinda like my ex :P ) but I won't reply back.

I am very predictable, but my final point will go back to my first point (circular arguments indeed). I've never known a player to inspire such division amongst fans. I don't hate him like I might hate Torres, I just wish he was better. I wish he was younger so I could make excuses about him being inexperienced, or I wish he'd just take a game by the shirt rather than being a passenger too dependent on what those around him were doing.

I wish he'd just look like he was giving a shit once in a while. I wish he'd show some balls and assert himself, because he has the size and skill to do so. I wish he was a man, a leader. I wish he'd puff that chest out and put the team on his back.

But I just don't think that's who he is as a person.

Well they weren't at any of the games I went to, any of the trains I travelled on or any of the pubs I watched games in so I really don't value their opinion that highly.

So you think less of someone if they don't/didn't go to the same pub/train/games as you?

So you think less of someone if they don't/didn't go to the same pub/train/games as you?

Really?

We're talking about people who are apparently Chelsea fans who were criticising Makelele. I didn't see any in his time at the club. I'm sure there might have been some guy in a Chelsea shirt sitting in a pub in Russia or the Congo shouting the odds at him, but I don't care about that guy's opinion.

Really?

We're talking about people who are apparently Chelsea fans who were criticising Makelele. I didn't see any in his time at the club. I'm sure there might have been some guy in a Chelsea shirt sitting in a pub in Russia or the Congo shouting the odds at him, but I don't care about that guy's opinion.

I know what your saying but some people could infer from your post that you disregard their opinions because they are foreign.

Here is how it could happen:

You use the phrase "apparently Chelsea fans" when describing those who criticise Mikel. So plastics or whatever you want to call them.

You say you didn't meet any in England.

Then you point out there probably is that sort of 'apparent fans' in other countries.

Therefore someone might infer that you think English fans are superior to foreign fans.

Really?

Who cares whether you care about his opinion ? Just because he is not at the game you automatically condemned him.

Have you ever thought about what you are posting here ?

Aye Mikels passing range is shit, watch 23 seconds in to 33 seconds. Fuck all the song bits, guy claims to have made a Mikel vs Song video even though Song is in it for about 8 hours. The bastard.

Also hes not capable of being creative? GET THE FUCK OUT :Goober:

Watch that too...

Aye Mikels passing range is shit, watch 23 seconds in to 33 seconds. Fuck all the song bits, guy claims to have made a Mikel vs Song video even though Song is in it for about 8 hours. The bastard.

Also hes not creative enough?

Watch that too...

Mikel has played about 300 games in his career. Now lets say he's played 45 minutes in each game.

That's 13,500 minutes of game time.

But this video that is less than 3 minutes long is going to convince me that he's a far better player than I've seen in his 6 years at the club? :lol2:

Next you'll be telling me what percentage of his balls travel forwards.

I think Mikel is a good player, but not world class...

An absolutely fair assessment in my opinion.

Mikel has played about 300 games in his career. Now lets say he's played 45 minutes in each game.

That's 13,500 minutes of game time.

But this video that is less than 3 minutes long is going to convince me that he's a far better player than I've seen in his 6 years at the club? :lol2:

Next you'll be telling me what percentage of his balls travel forwards.

An absolutely fair assessment in my opinion.

It gets rid of the 'myth' that Mikel isn't able to pass a ball more than 10 yards doesn' it? Or the 'myth' he isn't able to be creative. I've seen people on here complain because he never plays long verticle passes or never has in however many years or how hes never had assists etc. I was arguing with an Irish guy who tried to tell me that Mikel always played backwards and sideways passes in another thread and that stats would prove that.......which they didn't....... this season and even sometimes last season under AVB he started playing more verticle passes, even in 2009-10 he was playing more verticle passes but still people said 'hes shit, not creative enough, always playing it backwards/sideways.' I mean you can measure him up against Makelele but you'd just be stupid. Makelele was probably the finest in that role. I mean it would be hard for anyone to live up to that.