Mikel John Obi

Badboy

We all have choices to make in life. He has made a choice in this matter and that is something I feel is absolutely open to a honest discussion.

Now of course we chose to sign him and other players in that position. Maybe in future we shouldn't.

perhaps we shouldn't have signed Drogba or Essien either

oh and of course Brazillians are always fucking off to play friendlies lets get rid of them as well

perhaps we shouldn't have signed Drogba or Essien either

And that is the flipside of the argument. It's the price you pay for doing business in these circumstances.

However it's frustrating when you have games coming up and have to make plans because a couple of players have made choices that remove them from selection.

Just a FYI. The reason why the ACN is in January is due to the location of the Equator. It is Summertime for some of the Countries that the event might be held at. On the topic of Champions, I know Egypt had a good run as of late, but the last Tournament was a huge upset.

@The only place to be, just because something isn't important to you doesn't make it unimportant in general. The ACON is as important to Africans as the Euro is to you; I'd even say more knowing Africans' obsession with football. It also receives huge interest around the world. It is every African's dream to be playing in it and trying to win it. Just ask Drogba who would do anything to do it. Representing England is no more important that representing Nigeria or Zambia or Lebanon and this is coming from someone who does not believe countries and patriotism. The ACON takes place in Jan because of the climate in Africa. And since they can't move the seasons, maybe the leagues should take a break in Jan and cut the summer break by a month?

Sorry, but you're the second person to suggest that I've said representing an African nation is less important than representing England. Where have I given that indication? You're the second person to make vague illusions to some weird race issue. Don't.

In fact, where THE FUCK did I give a single fucking opinion on the Euros? If you must know, the most important thing in the Euros is that Chelsea players don't get injured. International football takes a firm second-place behind Chelsea for me.

I can't believe so many good members are waisting their posts with a very dumb and selfish post (not poster, to make it clear). :doh:

There is an actual debate here - in fact I've had it many times with Chelsea fans on the way to games when we lament players going missing for a few games.

It's not dumb, but it may be selfish. I want players representing my club to put their teammates before anything else. I want that badge on their chest to matter more than anything else.

It's a choice that players like Mikel and Moses make - they are open to debate.

I can't believe so many good members are waisting their posts with a very dumb and selfish post (not poster, to make it clear). :doh:

Oh well. :) There's always going to be the odd opinion or post that stands out every once in a while.

There is an actual debate here - in fact I've had it many times with Chelsea fans on the way to games when we lament players going missing for a few games.

It's not dumb, but it may be selfish. I want players representing my club to put their teammates before anything else. I want that badge on their chest to matter more than anything else.

It's a choice that players like Mikel and Moses make - they are open to debate.

The debate was open and it was a good one until you said we shouldnt buy players that prefer to play for their national teams in January. There you lost my respect for you (over this matter)...

In fact, where THE FUCK did I give a single fucking opinion on the Euros?

Here:

Without googling can you name the last 4 winners of it? Personally, I can't. But I can with the World Cup, the Euros and the CL.

You were clearly suggesting that Euros are more important and I was attempting to explain why they are not. No one is accusing you of being racist (at I'm not). I assumed that you though representing England was important, that's why I said that to Mikel, representing Nigeria is just as important.

Internationals are no where near as important as Chelsea for me too, but I want our players to want to play for their countries, because if they want to play for money only with their clubs and not pride only with their countries then they probably don't have the passion for football needed to play at Chelsea.

The debate was open it was a good one until you said we shouldnt buy players that prefer to play for their national teams in January. There you lost my respect for you (over this matter)...

Why? When you evaluate players there are dozens of factors. The availability of a player at a key point in the season surely has to factor in.

Maybe I'm being unfair because I think of Chelsea before my country and I expect too much of the players who represent my club.

Here:

You were clearly suggesting that Euros are more important and I was attempting to explain why they are not. No one is accusing you of being racist (at I'm not). I assumed that you though representing England was important, that's why I said that to Mikel, representing Nigeria is just as important.

Internationals are no where near as important as Chelsea for me too, but I want our players to want to play for their countries, because if they want to play for money only with their clubs and not pride only with their countries then they probably don't have the passion for football needed to play at Chelsea.

Then we're going to have to agree to disagree on what I intended.

And I don't think players not wanting to play for their country means they only play for money. Look at Scholes, a guy who decided that United was far more important than England.

Why? When you evaluate players there are dozens of factors. The availability of a player at a key point in the season surely has to factor in.

Maybe I'm being unfair because I think of Chelsea before my country and I expect too much of the players who represent my club.

Because it is highly unethical to say you dont accept players that pefer to represent their own countries in the middle of the season.

I wont post arguments on why ACON is very important, because @CHOULO19 has done it brilliantly already.

Because it is highly unethical to say you dont accept players that pefer to represent their own countries in the middle of the season.

I wont post arguments on why ACON is very important, because @CHOULO19 has already done it brilliantly.

Unethical?

I have no problem with the ACON - I just don't see why it needs to be every two years and in the middle of our season. If we can have summer world cups in South Africa and Qatar, then I think the talk about conditions for the ACON is at best hypocritical and more likely a big bunch of cunty bollocks.

Then we're going to have to agree to disagree on what I intended.

And I don't think players not wanting to play for their country means they only play for money. Look at Scholes, a guy who decided that United was far more important than England.

Scholes threw a tantrum because he didnt get played in the position he wanted ..encouraged by Fergie of course ... face it ,,,,,you made a rubbish

post and backed yourself in a corner ,,, :wank2:

I think not buying players if they want to play in the African cup of nations is very stupid, as everyone has the right to play for their country... The timing of the tournment isn't ideal and i would be lieing if i said i would rather moses and mikel didn't go to the ACON, because chelsea is 10 times more important in my eyes, but i am in no way annoyed with them because that is their country and their decsion to make. The ACON isn't helped by its timing as some players choose to stay with their clubs and it also suffers from arguably not having as high a callibre of players as the euro's but it doesn't make it a mickey mouse tournment and i am sure if you are african you would care about it a lot more than me. I find chelsea 10x more important than the england team though some people prefer there country to the club. It's down to the individual... Didier loves/loved???? to play for the ivory coast.

Just my thoughts on the matter... :)