Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Really poor tonight when he was under pressure by Basel. Led a transition way too slow which fucked up our overall play. Everyone was poor tonight, but you need your central midfielder to stay calm and composed when under pressure and Mikel was far from it

exactly but he isn't the central Midfielder, these are Lamps and Rambo...

not defending him but you should ciriticise him for things that were his faults, not enough interceptions and too slow transition. but if you're alone protecting the back four agenst 3 or 5 opponents then you can't do anything... how can one men defend 3 or five others? you only look like a headless chicken if you try...

again, had a porr game, but the whole team had, ind it wasn't only down to him... Oscar as RW and Lamps as CM are the weaklinks in this game...

He's just a bad midfielder for this level. I always give him a chance when he does his job for a game or two, but then he shows not just how not special he is, but also so not clever enough to do his job game after game. thinking so slow, a real cowered with the ball and will always prefer the pass backwords but probably rightly so cause he can't pass it forword good enough, and he's so slowww, fast players passes him so easily. My eyes literally burns when seeing him and Lampard on the same pitch together.

exactly but he isn't the central Midfielder, these are Lamps and Rambo...

not defending him but you should ciriticise him for things that were his faults, not enough interceptions and too slow transition. but if you're alone protecting the back four agenst 3 or 5 opponents then you can't do anything... how can one men defend 3 or five others? you only look like a headless chicken if you try...

again, had a porr game, but the whole team had, ind it wasn't only down to him... Oscar as RW and Lamps as CM are the weaklinks in this game...

Or maybe Hoddle was spot on in what he said about him.

Or maybe Hoddle was spot on in what he said about him.

You can pick raisins if you hant, two days earlier Bates called him the KEY-Selection for our win against WH http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/287405/analysis ?

Maybe I'm right in telling you that one men cant defend against five and its quite impossible? And you should read my post in what to do in the Bael thread. If you like it or not, Legend or not, Lamps is past it and the team is tired, especially Lampard, because they keep gett'n played and played everey two days. And in a pressing high tempo game HE JUST DOESN'T fit the bill anymore, he is the BIGGEST weak link, not the only one, I also said I woud welcome gündogan for example, but at first lams has to stop gett'n played day in day out... Frank isn't anymore that player in 2004/2005 against Barca where he raped them at the bridge... and it's not a disgrace to accept this... he still is a legend and the clubs greatest player ever...

Cant agree he did at West Ham what he did last night ,he hid ,last night was the perfect night for our holding midfielder who alegedly protects the back four and is a superb passer ,Glen Hoddle was dead right and so am I .

At West Ham he had nothing to do and was not in the game (he scored worst of our players on the forum bible whoscored.com at West Ham) a lot of our players were tired last night except the static players like JT,Cahill and Cech who did well,now I dont expect our sitting midfielder to be tired after his easy game at West Ham where player like Ramires, Oscar and Lampard ran their nuts off and clearly suffered for it last night.

He was and is awful ,we need better. I would rather have Glenn Hoddle agreeing with me than forum experts to be honest and that was before the game.

You can pick raisins if you hant, two days earlier Bates called him the KEY-Selection for our win against WH http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/287405/analysis ?

For a moment there I thought you meant Uncle Ken. Who is this 'Bates'?

Maybe I'm right in telling you that one men cant defend against five and its quite impossible? And you should read my post in what to do in the Bael thread. If you like it or not, Legend or not, Lamps is past it and the team is tired, especially Lampard, because they keep gett'n played and played everey two days. And in a pressing high tempo game HE JUST DOESN'T fit the bill anymore, he is the BIGGEST weak link, not the only one, I also said I woud welcome gündogan for example, but at first lams has to stop gett'n played day in day out... Frank isn't anymore that player in 2004/2005 against Barca where he raped them at the bridge... and it's not a disgrace to accept this... he still is a legend and the clubs greatest player ever...

Not sure why you're bringing Lampard into this. He had a bad game but Mikel also had a very poor game, yet he escapes criticism.

He is from ghostgoal and sometimes has quite nice statistical posts sometimes. But you don't have to know every Reporter/Poster on the net.

I bring Lamps in because he is one of the main reasons our team had a bad game after few in this thread acte like Mikel was the CM and scored 4 owngoals.

Its not defending Mikel, but telling things from my point of view and that Lamps was our main Problem you don't loose a single word about his shamebolic performances but jump right into the Mikel thread when he had a bad game.

And we all know what you and Phil are demanding from the Manager. I always tell when both have bad games, no problem with that, I'm no fanboy, I'm past this after Drogba left. Also your favourism is clearly to see, and here is another point why I bring up Lamps in a post where somebody moans about our CM that weren't pressing and too slow in transition in the thread about one of our DMs, Lamps is one out of the CM-Pair of yesterday.

- Some Poster criticise Mikel for a part he hadn't to play

- Some Lampsfanboys have clear favourism in regret to Mikel, because if he plays as a consequence Lamps has to stay on the bench mostly

- Some Lampsfanboys don't lose a single word about a shamebolic performance of they're player but even criticise Mikel when he plays a great game

So now three points in the context of this thread in my post why I've brought up Lamps name here, you always talk about Lamps in this thread when you tell us he and ramy should play but its not allowed to bring his name up if its not ok for your taste?

Karma is a bitch....

He is from ghostgoal and sometimes has quite nice statistical posts sometimes. But you don't have to know every Reporter/Poster on the net.

I bring Lamps in because he is one of the main reasons our team had a bad game after few in this thread acte like Mikel was the CM and scored 4 owngoals.

Its not defending Mikel, but telling things from my point of view and that Lamps was our main Problem you don't loose a single word about his shamebolic performances but jump right into the Mikel thread when he had a bad game.

And we all know what you and Phil are demanding from the Manager. I always tell when both have bad games, no problem with that, I'm no fanboy, I'm past this after Drogba left. Also your favourism is clearly to see, and here is another point why I bring up Lamps in a post where somebody moans about our CM that weren't pressing and too slow in transition in the thread about one of our DMs, Lamps is one out of the CM-Pair of yesterday.

- Some Poster criticise Mikel for a part he hadn't to play

- Some Lampsfanboys have clear favourism in regret to Mikel, because if he plays as a consequence Lamps has to stay on the bench mostly

- Some Lampsfanboys don't lose a single word about a shamebolic performance of they're player but even criticise Mikel when he plays a great game

So now three points in the context of this thread in my post why I've brought up Lamps name here, you always talk about Lamps in this thread when you tell us he and ramy should play but its not allowed to bring his name up if its not ok for your taste?

Karma is a bitch....

I think I've said Lamps had a poor game, but unfortunately a lot of people have acted the cunt and gone overboard in their criticism of Lamps (hoping he gets injured, insulting him personally) so my reasoned criticism probably got a little overshadowed.

I even said Mikel had a good game against West Ham, but he's massively inconsistent. Last night everyone played poorly yet the focus was almost entirely on one man. Mikel actually reverted to type and had a very poor game as well, but that gets swept under the carpet. That's despite Hod actually criticising Mikel and agreeing with a lot of the things many Chelsea fans have been saying about Mikel for years.

When the pressure is on Mikel, he crumbles.

Lampard had a shocker but so did all of our players bar Cech Terry and Cahill ,Lampard is 35 and can still be brilliant like at West Ham ,Mikel was awful at West Ham despite the result and tonight in a game where Makelele ,Essien would have eaten the game up , Mikel did what he always does ,he hid. I thought he protected the back four? and sprayed brilliant passes ,where? It was the perfect game where the emphasis was on our holder to shine .

I told you like at Spurs when he is put under pressure he is found out and we need to bring the whole team back to help him do his job,like in the champions league ,he is useless. As we were told by Glenn Hoddle and he knows about the sitting role.

When the pressure is on Mikel, he crumbles.

Right the question is, what is an acceptable amount of pressure for a DM he should/could handle? one Men advancing towards him, two, thre or more? What is pressure exactly? When SHOULD a DM in a high class mifield at one of the top clubs in worldfootball at all be under pressure from two, three ore more players at any point, is it OK if this situation happens, and how often can he handle this?

With all due respect to Mr. Hoddle, Mour told the press what he thought is Mikels ability and he is spot on about it, also I don't agree with all of Mous decisions. I conceede he is inconsistent, but he was far better this season so far, this was his first game I would say he was really bad, also he had some very good games and few so-so, so his consistency and his work rate have been lifted up, without a doubt. So back to my questions above, I would like to have precisely specified these numbers, by you or even by Mr Hoddle...

Right the question is, what is an acceptable amount of pressure for a DM he should/could handle? one Men advancing towards him, two, thre or more? What is pressure exactly? When SHOULD a DM in a high class mifield at one of the top clubs in worldfootball at all be under pressure from two, three ore more players at any point, is it OK if this situation happens, and how often can he handle this?

With all due respect to Mr. Hoddle, Mour told the press what he thought is Mikels ability and he is spot on about it, also I don't agree with all of Mous decisions. I conceede he is inconsistent, but he was far better this season so far, this was his first game I would say he was really bad, also he had some very good games and few so-so, so his consistency and his work rate have been lifted up, without a doubt. So back to my questions above, I would like to have precisely specified these numbers, by you or even by Mr Hoddle...

Sorry, I'm not sure if top class midfielders should ever crumble. In fact I'm not sure if top class sportsmen should crumble, especially when they're supposed to be at their peak.

There's a reason why after 300 games for this club Mikel still hasn't convinced a large majority of supporters (in my experience anyway).

And with all due respect to Adam Bate? Mou will have even more reservations after last night ,as I said Maka and Essien would have eaten that game for dinner in the past ,today we have Mikel . You do the sums. A perfect night for our shining knight who we are told protects the back four to do what is written on the tin ,I am afraid the label is missing. The excuses need to end ,Mikel is a myth ,second to Messi in young player in the world was just that.

Sorry, I'm not sure if top class midfielders should ever crumble. In fact I'm not sure if top class sportsmen should crumble, especially when they're supposed to be at their peak.

There's a reason why after 300 games for this club Mikel still hasn't convinced a large majority of supporters (in my experience anyway).

Again the question is WHAT is crumbling and WHAT is the maximum pressure, so you expect him to defend solely against 5 Men, am I getting this right? And To win or loose is nailed on the DMs position, it has notihng to tod with the work rate and the wrong players for the wrong tactics... just asking not assuming...

There was a point why Real wanted Maka back...

EDIT:

by the way, am I right Mikel or wasn't MIkel doing a goal line clearance and putting the only few timeslots together where whe had successfull passing... again just asking?

Basel were the attacking threat throughout the game and particularly in the first half, when they enjoyed a 58.3 % dominance of possession, stacked up seven corners and attempted nine shots. Salah, receiving passes inside left-back Cesar Azpilicueta, had been a constant menace and created two chances in the opening 45 minutes while also having two shots on target.

In contrast, Chelsea did not attempt a single shot, on or off target, in the first half. Samuel Eto'o had only 13 touches of the ball in that time, fewer than any other player on the pitch. That was because Chelsea failed to get the necessary service to their lone frontman, with Oscar (seven) and Willian (eight) attempting a disappointing amount of passes in the opposition half at poor respective completion rates of just 71.4% and 62.5%.

That Chelsea's most frequent first-half pass completion, which happened on just eight occasions, were the simple passes between holding midfielder John Obi Mikel, who had to make a goalline clearance before the interval, and right-back Branislav Ivanovic told the tale of a performance which had offered nothing as an attacking threat.

Eto'o went off on a stretcher to be replaced by the returning Torres before half-time while Hazard came on for the poor Oscar prior to the hour mark in attacking moves from Mourinho, albeit one forced by injury. The introduction of Hazard did improve Chelsea, with the Belgian playing four more passes in the opposition half (16) than Oscar (12) had managed in almost 60 minutes.

With Hazard on the field, Chelsea played with more width and he was an important factor in ensuring his team had a greater share of possession (55.1%) in the second half. But Mourinho, strangely, still seemed intent on keeping the handbrake on. He had clearly ordered Oscar and Willian from kick-off to close the space in the centre of midfield and neither player is suited to such a role.

http://www.mychelseafc.com/prev_news/13_news/nov13_news/nov26-8.htm

Intresting numbers and its all Mikels fault, now I see...

Again the question is WHAT is crumbling and WHAT is the maximum pressure, so you expect him to defend solely against 5 Men, am I getting this right? And To win or loose is nailed on the DMs position, it has notihng to tod with the work rate and the wrong players for the wrong tactics... just asking not assuming...

There was a point why Real wanted Maka back...

EDIT:

by the way, am I right Mikel or wasn't MIkel doing a goal line clearance and putting the only few timeslots together where whe had successfull passing... again just asking?

No I want him to push us up the pitch and win the ball and make the opposition defend against 5 men ,not sit static and let the opposition swamp us ,have a game of chess.

That is how football games are won by dominating midfield and forcing the opposition back ,not needing Drogba to come back and help you do your job . He plays far to deep and invites teams on to us ,Maka and good holders win the ball on the half way line and as far up the pitch as possible so their team can counter,this fella ,well just stands still and plays slow sideways backwards balls that slow us down and invite 5 attackers to close on you.

Again the question is WHAT is crumbling and WHAT is the maximum pressure, so you expect him to defend solely against 5 Men, am I getting this right?

Here's the weird thing about Mikel - I rarely see him shouting at other players. Great players in that position have been likened to generals, dragging their teammates into position to help them if they're being overwhelmed. Mikel has never done that to my memory.

He always just seems content just to be on the pitch, putting in a 7 out of 10 performance. There's never been any ambition there, any impetus or driving force from him. He's a passenger, which is fine when the team is playing well because he doesn't seem to drag them down but when the going gets tough, Mikel has a tendency to disappear.

I think that lies at the crux of why Chelsea supporters haven't really taken to him. He doesn't ever stand up and be counted or show a huge amount of fight.

Going back to the question I've quoted, no I don't expect him to defend against 5 men (not that he did at any point last night), but I expect him to be something of a leader in that position at this point in his career.

No I want him to push us up the pitch and win the ball and make the opposition defend against 5 men ,not sit static and let the opposition swamp us ,have a game of chess.

That is how football games are won by dominating midfield and forcing the opposition back ,not needing Drogba to come back and help you do your job . He plays far to deep and invites teams on to us ,Maka and good holders win the ball on the half way line and as far up the pitch as possible so their team can counter,this fella ,well just stands still and plays slow sideways backwards balls that slow us down and invite 5 attackers to close on you.

thank you, so this leads us to another question, if he leaves his place and presses und trys to make things happen, but it doesn't work, because of the guys infront of him, plus he doesn't even gets out of his half (after what I've seen yesterday, he should have had a sublime game if he was the kind of player you tell us he is) because our wide players are playing in the center to tightn up the pitch, is this a wrong tactical decision and wrong positioning or his fault?

The other Question is, why did it work so well against Inter, when despite loosing two years ago he was probably MOTM, and why does it often work with him and Rambo but not with him and Lamps, plus, if we play 4-3-3 and we have in reallity two CMs and no wingers, so he has as a conclusion of that FIVE players in the middle of the pitch, how should he spread the game, and how should he even get so high up the pitch?

Mous tactics were not to lose, thats it, he just wanted to go through, he nearly escaped, we had purely the wrong tactics in this game, and Mikel, if given the freedom, has shown often enough that he does EXACTLY what you demand form him, but our team lacks stamina and a clear tactical plan.

To be honest I don't know why Jose played like this?

I would have Played Rambo and DeBruyne, or Mikel an DeBruyne to give Rambo a rest. Up I would have played Mata, Willian/Schürrle and Hazard to give Oscar a rest and Mata a go. Would have suited this better, so we could stretch the game with oure immense technically gifted wingers, plus I would have preferred Ba infront of the goal this time but Mou went for tightn up the pitch and defend, and this was the tactic ou CLAIM Mikel is best in but he wasn't it was by far his wort performance, how come this, how could you explain this to me?