Mikel John Obi

Badboy

This isn't a bandwagon though. This is fans' long-held beliefs about a player who has been at the club for over half a decade now.

I've long said he has character issues - the same issues that he showed when he first joined the club. Now he's a senior member of the playing staff and he says shit like that to the press, and then shows utter contempt for the club with the most disgraceful performance I can remember for a while?

For the last fucking time, we know what his role in the team is supposed to be. We understand it from a tactical point of view. Our problem is with him and I guarantee for every good performance you can bring up I can bring up a bad one.

In fact the Sunderland game was against lacklustre opposition and he looked strong going forward, yet he looked lazy in defence AGAIN. For Rubin's second goal, an 18 year old put more effort into getting back and defending than Mikel did. That sums him up.

Can't disagree with you. He was lazy and his comments was ridiculous and Rafa had to make up an excuse for him. He should keep his thoughts to himself. However it is annoying that people have these debates after every game. He is not useless, he has on and off games. Admittedly, he performs better in a 4-3-3 system but should he be made redundant like some others suggest? Not at all. Watch him have a stormer on Saturday now.

Come on peeps, kojo & top2b are only pointing out the obvious - its no different when Mikel has a decent game & the masses can't get on here quick enough.

Mikel deserves some flak for shooting from the rooftops about this competition then backing it up with a shoddy performance, just imagine if he had done that playing under Bacon face - he would be sold in the summer.........

Can't disagree with you. He was lazy and his comments was ridiculous and Rafa had to make up an excuse for him. He should keep his thoughts to himself. However it is annoying that people have these debates after every game. He is not useless, he has on and off games. Admittedly, he performs better in a 4-3-3 system but should he be made redundant like some others suggest? Not at all. Watch him have a stormer on Saturday now.

Can he get motivated for games on a Sunday? :P

He may well perform better in a 433 but we're playing in a 4231. Now that may be different, but the shirt he puts on is the same one. The fans who pay to see him are the same ones and the people paying his wages are the same people.

I've said it before, but he's a fucking passenger in this side. The 433 worked better for him largely because he had better players around him who could carry him. Now he's a senior player in a position of responsibility and too often he's shown a lack of effort and commitment to the cause. He's a great player on whoscored.com but watching him week in and week out is hard work.

Actually you said 'No Excuses. Having said that....'

I'm not looking for an argument. I honestly don't know how anyone who supports this club can defend Mikel, so an argument would be a massive surprise.

The reality is though you've defended a guy who came out and said something indefensible leading up to the game, and then backed it up with the most pathetic performance I can remember for a fair while.

Answer me this - is this the type of attitude you want any player at this club to have? Is that the type of person that you want representing the badge you care so much about? Because I fucking don't. That's a simple yes or no question.

I'm was not defending Mikel, the comment about Lampard and Ake was more aimed at the people who were trying to make this performance look much worse than it was and saying he should leave in the summer because of it.

And no, it's not an easy yes or no question because you make a huge logical fallacy in that question in assuming that his attitude and performance today will always be the same in the future, then you go on to imply, based on 20 mins of football, that he is not worth to represent badge.

When Mikel has a bad performance like today, I'm always one of the first people to criticize him, but I just don't try to make him look like an immoral enemy of the club by talking circles around the subject.

Is that your way of calling people fools without having to do it yourself?

Do you have the ability to offer an opinion on Mikel or is it just the link to brainyquotes?

The quote is illustrating what one of the greatest minds thought of those who constantly complain and criticize. It is easy to complain and moan, anyone can do that but understanding their decision and act is much tougher to do.

Mikel had off night, lots of players have had similar lackluster performance and effort that includes our best players such as Mata and Hazard.

We advanced to the semi final, move on.

I'm was not defending Mikel, the comment about Lampard and Ake was more aimed at the people who were trying to make this performance look much worse than it was and saying he should leave in the summer because of it.

How much worse could his performance have been? Ake worked his bollocks off in what was his third appearance for the club and you're criticising him? That's poor form.

And no, it's not an easy yes or no question because you make a huge logical fallacy in that question in assuming that his attitude and performance today will always be the same in the future, then you go on to imply, based on 20 mins of football, that he is not worth to represent badge.

This isn't about 20 minutes though. This is about 6 years of Mikel.

When Mikel has a bad performance like today, I'm always one of the first people to criticize him, but I just don't try to make him look like an immoral enemy of the club by talking circles around the subject.

No-one is making him look like an 'immoral enemy of the club'. He showed weak character leading up to this game and he's shown it numerous other times, and not just on Thursdays. :doh:

The quote is illustrating what one of the greatest minds thought of those who constantly complain and criticize. It is easy to complain and moan, anyone can do that but understanding their decision and act is much tougher to do.

I haven't constantly complained and criticised though. I've praised the performance of other players in other threads, as well as Benitez's performance. Sorry, but are you new to this whole football supporting malarky because bitching and moaning is part of it sometimes.

Mikel had off night, lots of players have had similar lackluster performance and effort that includes our best players such as Mata and Hazard.

Name one game in which either one of them gave such obviously disinterested performances? Doesn't even have to be one game each, just one game for either one where they've been too fucking lazy to do their jobs?

We advanced to the semi final, move on.

Earlier I asked if you were new to football. I'll rephrase that.

Are you new to sports?

agreed, i am done with this forum.

I have asked Steve+Jim to delete my account.

:tophat: :wave:

Yes, I'm deflecting the blame by saying he had "a really poor game" and that there are "no excuses" for that. :rolleyes:

I know you're looking for an argument, but I'm not going to give you one :)

i can bet anything that one of the mikel haters (some of whom are so disgraceful that they "had been waiting" for it) pulls u into an argument.