Mikel John Obi

Badboy

mikel is a very good player for chelsea. i think is an integral part of this club. he is very good at his position,but i dont want him be the only player in DM role. we need to buy a good player for DM role thats for sure and that will increase the bench strength and will motivate him because of competion i thnk.

he had some individual errors that caused us trouble but who hasnt.if people are gona get angry about that what right has our beloved JT to play. am sure mikel hasnt kicked CL trophy with one kick or stab someone in back in camp nou. :clown:

of course its a problem for you.not for chelsea :rolleyes:

No the problem is that it's DEFINITELY, as The Skipper used to describe it.

Because it would kill our board to buy a midfielder it really would, i know for a fact despite how more badly Mikel plays, we will not get another player. Even if it's not a replacement we just wont get one, and that's where the problem lies, because for two seasons now we have been shit because of the transfer market and us not spending in it wisely.

And this could be our 4th season in a row of being shit.

No the problem is that it's DEFINITELY, as The Skipper used to describe it.

Because it would kill our board to buy a midfielder it really would, i know for a fact despite how more badly Mikel plays, we will not get another player. Even if it's not a replacement we just wont get one, and that's where the problem lies, because for two seasons now we have been shit because of the transfer market and us not spending in it wisely.

And this could be our 4th season in a row of being shit.

Lampard's leaving. A spot opens up in midfield. board could finally come to senses this time.

u still have a problem understanding one simple sentence. THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE. in my first post did i say mikel "deserved" the god like status??? for the last time NNNNOOOOOO. he performed well and should have been praised rather than being mocked by the supporters of his own club. but if some1 like lamps/luiz had put such a performance in the mid, people would have made a great fuss. HENCE THE HYPOCRISY. how could u not understand something so simple.

For fuck sake, how difficult are you? You used the term 'GOD STATUS' as a reference to that Mikel should get it - but won't but if lamps/Luiz has performed the same then they would of got it by the so called hypocrites, however what i've been trying to say is that CECH AND BA performed better but didn't receive any more accolades so why should MIkel from the detractors or FOR EXAMPLE RAMIREZ PLAYED EVERY BIT AS GOOD AS MIKEL IN MIDFIELD BUT DO YOU SEE A MULTITUDE OF POSTS FROM THESE SAME MEMBERS GIVING IT LARGE TO RAMIREZ? NO YOU FUCKING WELL DON'T - GET IT?????????????

without foundation??? seriously...

Yes, fucking seriously!

have u read what people write about mikel here. kojo, only place to be , backstreet09 and these are just a drop in the ocean of mikel detractors. so NO again. i dint call them hypocrites without foundation because when there fav players has a good match, they have a field day. also i must tell u that my first post was not meant for u ALONE. i never said "godzola" is a hypocrite and does this or that. it was a general statement and because of your obsessiveness (again) i have had to take names of members which i really really dint want to do.

I never said it was meant for me alone that is why i stated you said it in a general sense in my last post - yeah! However after reading this, it was meant for all the 'Mikel detractors' and like I've stated before you have no right to label these so called detractors as hypocrites, most have given perfectly legitimate reasons why they don't rate him without the nastiness, some in fact have praised him including me at times, you stated that you only got involved again since the Southampton game and in that time alone members have been giving accurate assessments of Mikel, so you cannot just fling ridiculous inaccurate statements like this around and taring all detractors with the same brush.

bertand, kalou, meireles - none of these players are/were more than chelsea squad players.

So do you not think that it is worse for players who are just 'squad players'? They play a lot less than Mikel and FOR EXAMPLE, Bertrand has been utilized in an unfamiliar position and does not play regularly yet gets stick - Mikel plays all the time and plays in a familiar role but is inconsistent, there is a huge difference - if Bertrand played regularly and in the same position and was inconsistent then i would join the bandwagon of growing detractors but until then i refuse to get drawn into it.

so for me no one gets as much unfair criticism than mikel on this forum.

You maybe right but that is for another debate that i do not want to entertain.

when did i ever compare mikel to MAKELELE or with ESSIEN.

This is what i keep stating about you going off on a tangent and reading what i have posted wrong, i never compared Mikel to Essien or Makelele or Ballack for that matter, whatsoever, i was just using them as examples to state that i didn't agree that we have a player in the squad that needs good players around him to get the best out of him, the players i mentioned didn't need that and therefore by that basis we are carrying a player because like Southampton he had players of less quality around him and we lost, referencing that if we get injuries to key players then we cannot rely on Mikel, It again is another debate about comparing those players and one that i certainly not stated!

u dont need to tell me or any other person about mikel's shortcomings and where he exactly stands in the grand scheme of things.

The only word i have used through this debate about 'Mikel's shortcoming's' is INCONSISTENT, i have had my three penneth worth in the past about why i do not rate him and am not even going to go there, i have praised him when he has performed well and am still waiting for consistency that is as far as i am willing to go to, I've got the tee-shirt and am bored of it.

please dont compare what happens in lamps' threads to what is written in this thread.

Here we go again, i was referencing that i can hold a debate with other members and was using Lampard's contractual situation as an EXAMPLE, it has fuckall to do with Lamps, i could of used Mourinho or Courtois where i do not agree with other members.

Look mate, Mikel is not 'my cup of tea' never has been, it's just my opinion, however if Jose returns and he is selected every week and we go on to win the title with him playing consistently i will be one of the first to eat a large slice of humble pie but he he has to perform it first and propel himself into a position were Jose will pick him every week and to be honest i cannot see that happening but we will have to wait and see.............

This is what people mean when they say they would like a more dynamic player than Mikel:

Johnson_Mikel.gif

Granted it was a bad ball from Luiz, but in one on one situations it is too easy to bypass Mikel, as he rarely can react in time to make a challenge. This is one of his weaknesses, and in some ways his lack of athleticism inhibits what we can do as a team, i.e. pressing

But you just don't understand what his job is. He isn't supposed to dive in and tackle the player, he's supposed to shield him and fill the lanes so the opposition can't get past him.

Mikel did brilliantly there, because Johnson was clearly expecting a tackle and when it didn't come the surprise made him lose his concentration and mis-hit his shot. :rolleyes:

Being serious for a moment, that was an odd ball to play to Luiz in the first place because he'd only just come back onto the pitch after receiving treatment for a foot injury and was really struggling to get around the pitch.

This is what people mean when they say they would like a more dynamic player than Mikel:

Johnson_Mikel.gif

Granted it was a bad ball from Luiz, but in one on one situations it is too easy to bypass Mikel, as he rarely can react in time to make a challenge. This is one of his weaknesses, and in some ways his lack of athleticism inhibits what we can do as a team, i.e. pressing

If i knew how to make gifs or download matches i could post about 500 from just this season.

Tracking back is also a problem, he's left our defenders exposed more than enough times. You always need that 5th man running into the box, but he's never there. That's why i hate when he's playing as our only DM, i think his covering of the back four is poor.

Against Sunderland i liked his passing, he was moving the game forward and that's something we've lacked this season. Though even defensively he's very poor. But the big arguement is, Mikel is average, we need to do better if we want to challenge for the title. Yeah sure let him remain here as a squad player then, but at least get in a new player. I'm looking forward to KDB but we still need another one coming into the side.

For fuck sake, how difficult are you? You used the term 'GOD STATUS' as a reference to that Mikel should get it - but won't but if lamps/Luiz has performed the same then they would of got it by the so called hypocrites, however what i've been trying to say is that CECH AND BA performed better but didn't receive any more accolades so why should MIkel from the detractors or FOR EXAMPLE RAMIREZ PLAYED EVERY BIT AS GOOD AS MIKEL IN MIDFIELD BUT DO YOU SEE A MULTITUDE OF POSTS FROM THESE SAME MEMBERS GIVING IT LARGE TO RAMIREZ? NO YOU FUCKING WELL DON'T - GET IT?????????????

Yes, fucking seriously!

I never said it was meant for me alone that is why i stated you said it in a general sense in my last post - yeah! However after reading this, it was meant for all the 'Mikel detractors' and like I've stated before you have no right to label these so called detractors as hypocrites, most have given perfectly legitimate reasons why they don't rate him without the nastiness, some in fact have praised him including me at times, you stated that you only got involved again since the Southampton game and in that time alone members have been giving accurate assessments of Mikel, so you cannot just fling ridiculous inaccurate statements like this around and taring all detractors with the same brush.

So do you not think that it is worse for players who are just 'squad players'? They play a lot less than Mikel and FOR EXAMPLE, Bertrand has been utilized in an unfamiliar position and does not play regularly yet gets stick - Mikel plays all the time and plays in a familiar role but is inconsistent, there is a huge difference - if Bertrand played regularly and in the same position and was inconsistent then i would join the bandwagon of growing detractors but until then i refuse to get drawn into it.

so for me no one gets as much unfair criticism than mikel on this forum.

You maybe right but that is for another debate that i do not want to entertain.

when did i ever compare mikel to MAKELELE or with ESSIEN.

This is what i keep stating about you going off on a tangent and reading what i have posted wrong, i never compared Mikel to Essien or Makelele or Ballack for that matter, whatsoever, i was just using them as examples to state that i didn't agree that we have a player in the squad that needs good players around him to get the best out of him, the players i mentioned didn't need that and therefore by that basis we are carrying a player because like Southampton he had players of less quality around him and we lost, referencing that if we get injuries to key players then we cannot rely on Mikel, It again is another debate about comparing those players and one that i certainly not stated!

u dont need to tell me or any other person about mikel's shortcomings and where he exactly stands in the grand scheme of things.

The only word i have used through this debate about 'Mikel's shortcoming's' is INCONSISTENT, i have had my three penneth worth in the past about why i do not rate him and am not even going to go there, i have praised him when he has performed well and am still waiting for consistency that is as far as i am willing to go to, I've got the tee-shirt and am bored of it.

please dont compare what happens in lamps' threads to what is written in this thread.

Here we go again, i was referencing that i can hold a debate with other members and was using Lampard's contractual situation as an EXAMPLE, it has fuckall to do with Lamps, i could of used Mourinho or Courtois where i do not agree with other members.

Look mate, Mikel is not 'my cup of tea' never has been, it's just my opinion, however if Jose returns and he is selected every week and we go on to win the title with him playing consistently i will be one of the first to eat a large slice of humble pie but he he has to perform it first and propel himself into a position were Jose will pick him every week and to be honest i cannot see that happening but we will have to wait and see.............

u r a piece of work... really... debating with u is equivalent to :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

u cant understand simple arguments and go on to write essays. the best thing about this post of yours is that i read the first line in which u again dint understand anything what i wanted to say or what i said... so i ignored the whole bloody post. have had a hard day and not gonna tire myself by going thru the same thing again and again and again.

But you just don't understand what his job is. He isn't supposed to dive in and tackle the player, he's supposed to shield him and fill the lanes so the opposition can't get past him.

Mikel did brilliantly there, because Johnson was clearly expecting a tackle and when it didn't come the surprise made him lose his concentration and mis-hit his shot. :rolleyes:

Being serious for a moment, that was an odd ball to play to Luiz in the first place because he'd only just come back onto the pitch after receiving treatment for a foot injury and was really struggling to get around the pitch.

Sick of people saying, 'you don't know what his job is'. What his job isn't to win the ball for the team. It's every fucking player in the squads job to win the ball. It's called football.

Sick of people saying, 'you don't know what his job is'. What his job isn't to win the ball for the team. It's every fucking player in the squads job to win the ball. It's called football.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic mate!