Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Poor game, just didn't look bothered. No excuses.

Having said that, some people have been waiting for this for a long time apparently and are trying to make it look worse than it was. Yes, he was bad today, but in that same period I forgot that Lampard was still on until he came off for Iva, and Ake was worse than both of them (a bit more understandable given his age).

Lamps is almost certainly leaving in the summer and Ake is an 18 year old (who still showed more tactical awareness and effort to get back and try to stop the second goal).

Deflecting from Mikel's performances by pointing to those two is almost as bad as shifting the focus to fans with an agenda (where have we heard that before?).

It was a disgraceful performance from a player with a disgraceful attitude coming into this match.

But I'm sure his pass completion percentage was in the high 80s so well done John Obi.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

-Benjamin Franklin

Is that your way of calling people fools without having to do it yourself?

Do you have the ability to offer an opinion on Mikel or is it just the link to brainyquotes?

Lamps is almost certainly leaving in the summer and Ake is an 18 year old (who still showed more tactical awareness and effort to get back and try to stop the second goal).

Deflecting from Mikel's performances by pointing to those two is almost as bad as shifting the focus to fans with an agenda (where have we heard that before?).

It was a disgraceful performance from a player with a disgraceful attitude coming into this match.

But I'm sure his pass completion percentage was in the high 80s so well done John Obi.

Yes, I'm deflecting the blame by saying he had "a really poor game" and that there are "no excuses" for that. :rolleyes:

I know you're looking for an argument, but I'm not going to give you one :)

Yes, I'm deflecting the blame by saying he had "a really poor game" and that there are "no excuses" for that. :rolleyes:

I know you're looking for an argument, but I'm not going to give you one :)

Actually you said 'No Excuses. Having said that....'

I'm not looking for an argument. I honestly don't know how anyone who supports this club can defend Mikel, so an argument would be a massive surprise.

The reality is though you've defended a guy who came out and said something indefensible leading up to the game, and then backed it up with the most pathetic performance I can remember for a fair while.

Answer me this - is this the type of attitude you want any player at this club to have? Is that the type of person that you want representing the badge you care so much about? Because I fucking don't. That's a simple yes or no question.

Don't think he's really deflecting mate, he admitted he played absolutely shit. He's just pointing out others who also didn't offer much, which I agree with him on.

Just because he likes Mikel, doesn't mean you have to jump down his neck ALL the time, even when he admits he was shit...

Actually you said 'No Excuses. Having said that....'

I'm not looking for an argument. I honestly don't know how anyone who supports this club can defend Mikel, so an argument would be a massive surprise.

The reality is though you've defended a guy who came out and said something indefensible leading up to the game, and then backed it up with the most pathetic performance I can remember for a fair while.

Answer me this - is this the type of attitude you want any player at this club to have? Is that the type of person that you want representing the badge you care so much about? Because I fucking don't. That's a simple yes or no question.

He acknowledges that but what he thinks like me is unfair is the bandwagon that jump on to criticize him. Now, he had a solid game against Sunderland but one bad performance today then people jump on him but fail to acknowledge his solid performance the other day. Like everyone was waiting for a bad performance so he can be berated.

He acknowledges that but what he thinks like me is unfair is the bandwagon that jump on to criticize him. Now, he had a solid game against Sunderland but one bad performance today then people jump on him but fail to acknowledge his solid performance the other day. Like everyone was waiting for a bad performance so he can be berated.

This isn't a bandwagon though. This is fans' long-held beliefs about a player who has been at the club for over half a decade now.

I've long said he has character issues - the same issues that he showed when he first joined the club. Now he's a senior member of the playing staff and he says shit like that to the press, and then shows utter contempt for the club with the most disgraceful performance I can remember for a while?

For the last fucking time, we know what his role in the team is supposed to be. We understand it from a tactical point of view. Our problem is with him and I guarantee for every good performance you can bring up I can bring up a bad one.

In fact the Sunderland game was against lacklustre opposition and he looked strong going forward, yet he looked lazy in defence AGAIN. For Rubin's second goal, an 18 year old put more effort into getting back and defending than Mikel did. That sums him up.