Mikel John Obi

Badboy

I'm by no means a mikel hater and rarely do I ever criticize him...but he was disappointingly poor today. Considering his number of appearances in comparison to the rest of the outfield players on that pitch, its almost inexcusable and borderline laughable that he can put out a display like that in such an important game. He's already taken quite a bit of stick so I won't yap on about this. What I will say is that if we're going to continue with this expansive system and if we're going to continue using hobbit size attacking players then it's imperative that we sign a defensive midfielder who understands that tackling isn't just a thing a DM does every 60 mins of so.

I mean...to have any type of defensive solidarity in an attacking system then surely your defensive midfielder needs to have one of the highest work rates in the team, no? Besides channeling opposition players to the flanks or areas they can't do much damage, a defensive mid also has to be quick to break up play, stay with runners, hassle opposition players.... otherwise your defenders will constantly be under siege.

Just take a look at Mikel here.....

Look at the gap between him and the defenders! Look at the number of man city players in front of him. I mean, really? Are you kidding me? Even oscar is ahead of him trying to get back. This is just shocking and has become all too common with mikel.

I couldn't have put it any better. The amount of balls from their half that made it to either Aguero or Tevez was appalling - all because Mikel was positioning himself way too high up the pitch.

all quality DM have something special .. mikel does not have... like say IliyaDamyanov ....

i thing he have more lucky than other footballer in world to play 300 match for chelsea

we should find a new DM this is for sure . at summer ..

Mikel doesnt not come top player like chelsea pay'ed for him years ago..

So everyone's on the same page now? Took long enough. ;)

So what are the options? Do we sell him? Who would realistically put in a bid of more than £10 million?

Is he destined to be a squad player, because having seen his response to coming off the bench against Rubin Kazan I don't know if we can trust him to put in a shift.

He's just a lazy bastard. Comparing him and Toure yesterday considering they are supposed to be in the same mould playing in the same role, it was embarrassing. Toure is always 'motivated' and always puts in a great shift. Mikel just plays when he feels like it. It's annoying because he has shown just how good he can be. He's clearly got an attitude problem and i'm not just talking about his UEL comments (google it), seeing him just strolling back without a care in the world in a huge game when he's supposed to be the defensive shield... top cunt.

He was decent during the first half. I quite liked how he played. Ramires on the otherhand I thought was fucking terrible.

I'm not sure about Mikel's second half though...oh wait, I am, he was fucking shite also. Yeah, that's right, shit with an 'e'.

The frustrating part is that he can be very good. If he was just a shit player then fair enough, you ain't got it son, go to Tottenham but when he is a genuine good player not giving his all, especially in a massive game, you'd think he'd get a slap or 2 to wake up. He can't be as tired as most of our players and he's not a baby any more. He's been here a while now, he needs to seriously look at himself.

He had a bad game yesterday, but his image was further tarnished by how well Toure played, which doesn't make for a very fair reflection in my opinion. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though - he signed a new five year deal this season, and it's very unlikely he's going anywhere.

The frustrating part is that he can be very good. If he was just a shit player then fair enough, you ain't got it son, go to Tottenham but when he is a genuine good player not giving his all, especially in a massive game, you'd think he'd get a slap or 2 to wake up. He can't be as tired as most of our players and he's not a baby any more. He's been here a while now, he needs to seriously look at himself.

Exactly how I feel. He's got so many tools that could make him a world-class player, but it's his attitude that lets him down. I've said it before, but he had attitude issues when he first came here and I'm a big believer in people's character reverting to type under pressure.

I think we need leadership throughout the spine of the team, and that really isn't Mikel.

Has he ever been considered for captain at Chelsea? 300-odd appearances by the end of the season, his country's captain yet if anyone here suggested it they'd be laughed out of the building.