Mikel John Obi

Badboy

He is a rebel, he doesn't like the whole idea of playing forward . He works his ass off just to keep the flow backward . He is very considerate aswell, he tries to involve cech in the games as much as he can with his orgasmic backpasses (:

These are just few of his millions qualities that we are really fortunate to have (:

You forgot the most important quality ! : He always press the opponent, tackle, and his 'grinta' on the pitch is incredible !

You forgot the most important quality ! : He always press the opponent, tackle, and his 'grinta' on the pitch is incredible !

Oh yesh, he doesn't like to be rude with the opponents , tries his best to give them hells lot of space. His tackling is more Interesting than the whole twilight saga lol, he's too kind to tackle but whenever he tackles he gets a yellow everytime, it's racism at the best.

I'm not sure about the grinta, but his sexy whore look scares the juice of his own team mates :P

everybody can press the opponent it's not difficult and tackle too lool you learn that since you are young but his main quality is to be so strong. you are scared in front of him

My view on Mikel.

Reading his thread is truly interesting. Because you know, ever since I am on this forum, I've never seen a player who divides us fans as Mikel does. And it's not like the majority was for or against him, it seems that it's fifty-fifty. With him, it's either black or white : for people he shit or great ; either overrated or underrated.

To my eyes, Mikel is neither the great player depicted by some ; nor the poor player described by others. He is a good player, in my mind, above average. He is good at what he does. The problem might be that we are currently not asking him the good things. He cannot perform while playing in the double-pivot — that's what I believe. He doesn't have the profile. He is neither the kind of player who will work his ass off to dispossess the opponent ; he doesn't have the mobility and the hunger required. Nor he is the kind of player to make the game. Therefore, no wonders if he doesn't seem that good.

Nah, he is suited to a 4-3-3 formation, where he will sit deep alone in front of the defense the defense. And not all 4-3-3 — it's only when the team puts the emphasis on the defensive solidity. Indeed, he wasn't good under André Villas-Boas, the high pace and the fancy playing style didn't suit him. It comes with no surprise that when we saw the best out of him was when we were playing the "catenaccio" : under Ancelotti and Di Matteo (when he was the care-taker). I would even go as far as saying that the best Mikel we have seen was the one playing under Ancelotti. When the defense is well constructed and organised, when the back four sits deep — that's when he is at his best. I think he would be very good in Serie A.

Now, it seems that when the whole team is good, he is good ; and when the whole team isn't, he is neither. He just seems to be that kind of player who performs according to his surroundings. He won't be the guy to take us to another level, to make the difference. All this years, he was pretty fine. And we never feel the need to buy someone else, because precisely he was fine. But that was when we had great players, more or less in their primes, around him (Lampard, Essien, Ballack, Terry, ...).

Now the situation has changed. We don't have anymore world-class players in defense and midfield (and arguably in the team, but that's another debate). The defense is shaky and the central-midfield cannot keep the ball for their lives. As a matter of fact, Mikel has played more bad games this season than in the previous ones.

That's why I believe that we should look for someone to compete with him in this position ; whether we buy someone or promote one of our youngsters. Because, as a team claiming to be a major force in Europe, we need players good enough to back up our claims. The central midfield is, at the moment, toothless both in defense and attack. We need someone to boss the midfield ; to make this area his own. We need a player who will grab the bull by the horns. Pretty much like Makélélé and Essien were doing. Unfortunately, this player isn't Mikel. It doesn't seem that he has the will, the passion, the hunger. Into my eyes, he is too passive to step up and prove he is that player. We also need to look for someone else, to provide us a diversity in our tactical options — because that's clear, Mikel cannot play into a 4-2-3-1 and it remains to be seen that he's the best option for an attacking 4-3-3.

I am not saying that he is a poor footballer, nor that we lose because of him — don't get me wrong. He is above average, but a club like us — especially considering the state we're in — seeks more than that, more than a player who's "okay", more than a player who doesn't provide very good performances on a regular basis, more than a player who's good when others are good and bad when others are bad.

The bottom line is that our midfield is lacklustre, passive and apathetic — we need someone who will instill temper and dynamism in it !

Probably the best post in this topic. It basically recaps perfectly what we already know about him - he is very dependent on the situation. He is a limited player and serves best under certain conditions. He isn't only bad or good, he's both. It all depends on various things with him, but this shows he's a limited player. His performances are in direct correlation with how we're trying to play and who are playing. If we play within his limits under conditions that suit him, he's great. The moment the team breaks through those limits and he has to get out of his comfort zone, he starts lagging and becomes error prone.

In short, I agree with everything Peace has said. It was the most honest analysis which doesn't unanimously say he's shit or he's good, it says he's both and that's true. This is why he is inconsistent imo, we're constantly juggling between playing styles and different lineups every game. It's no surprise he was at his best under King Carlo who persisted with a certain style and constant regular starters. I view him as a player who thrives on stability and is easily caught in between.

then for you we have to sell him because Chelsea are a big team and a player like him is not made for a club like this one?

Probably the best post in this topic. It basically recaps perfectly what we already know about him - he is very dependent on the situation. He is a limited player and serves best under certain conditions. He isn't only bad or good, he's both. It all depends on various things with him, but this shows he's a limited player. His performances are in direct correlation with how we're trying to play and who are playing. If we play within his limits under conditions that suit him, he's great. The moment the team breaks through those limits and he has to get out of his comfort zone, he starts lagging and becomes error prone.

In short, I agree with everything Peace has said. It was the most honest analysis which doesn't unanimously say he's shit or he's good, it says he's both and that's true. This is why he is inconsistent imo, we're constantly juggling between playing styles and different lineups every game. It's no surprise he was at his best under King Carlo who persisted with a certain style and constant regular starters. I view him as a player who thrives on stability and is easily caught in between.

then for you we have to sell him because Chelsea are a big team and a player like him is not made for a club like this one?

For me? What are you talking about. He can stay here for all I care, but he should have proper competition. Romeu? This guy is like a phantom, one moment he's here and playing, the next he's nowhere to be seen. Has he gone to Barca or smth?

For the sake of the team his position should be contested more.

if it's not important (you don't care you said), you are not for Chelsea lol

For me? What are you talking about. He can stay here for all I care, but he should have proper competition. Romeu? This guy is like a phantom, one moment he's here and playing, the next he's nowhere to be seen. Has he gone to Barca or smth?

For the sake of the team his position should be contested more.

you don't care if Mikel plays or not. right? and you say he's often shit then too shit for Chelsea. conclusion: you don't care about Chelsea. i don't speak very well english but you have understood

Whatever you say :dunno:

you don't care if Mikel plays or not. right? and you say he's often shit then too shit for Chelsea. conclusion: you don't care about Chelsea. i don't speak very well english but you have understood

I haven't said any of that, I seriously don't know what you're on about.