Mikel John Obi

Badboy

You're the one who admitted going over the top in defending him. I've actually agreed with the point about people being too vociferous in criticising him or too sycophantic in defending him.

He's a decent player but he's not someone we can rely on because he's inconsistent. The last two games demonstrated that perfectly. Put great players around him against opposition that won't put pressure on him and he has a place in the squad. But we need a LEADER in that position and that isn't him I'm afraid.

BTW, you admitted you didn't watch the game against Southampton. Maybe you need to stop going over the top in defending him and focus on what's best for this club.

Disagree with the first part for reasons I've mentioned countless times, but regarding the bolded part, I never defended his performance in the Southampton game, but I will not stop posting my opinion just because I missed one match.

Disagree with the first part for reasons I've mentioned countless times, but regarding the bolded part, I never defended his performance in the Southampton game, but I will not stop posting my opinion just because I missed one match.

Why would you?

It's not like matches have any bearing on your opinion of him.

find a damn post where I have given mikel "a god like status"... normally i totally stay away from the mikel thread due to its absolute ridiculousness but the amount of crap written about mikel over the past 2 matches made me comment. if u dont believe it, have a long read of this thread. so I AM NO HYPOCRITE.

so by your account i am to believe that team compostion would and should have no affect on a player's performance. when mikel plays with lamps he is the aggressor (in a sort of way), as seen in the southampton match when mikel tried pressing higher up the pitch but failed miserably. as compared to today when he got to play to his strong point which is being a proper shield to the back 4. people on this forum have claimed torres to be a god 2 years ago, so probably u should believe that too if u believe mikel-rambo dont play well together. so it is upto u to decide what is bullshit because i should enlighten u that this is a forum where different people with different thought processes comment on almost everythin about this club and most of those opinions are bound to be conflicting.

Your post is highly confusing stating things that I have not actually posted & you have lost me on some of it but I will do my best to reply.

So by your own admission you 'totally stay away from the Mikel thread' yet take it upon urself to call people hypocrites? So its all well & dandy for you to do that without reading many members post because most are stating he is niether good or bad & give clear transparent reasons why they have their reservations so you had no right to post that especially when you haven't even read their comments. I didn't call you a hypocrite, I merely asked you a question which you haven't answered - there's a huge difference!!! So wind your neck in.

Unless I was reading your previous post wrong I'm pretty sure you posted 'god like status' silly me must be going senile?!

Don't quote bollocks, you are putting different meanings to what i actually posted, I said good players perform in shit teams meaning that Mikel should not need anyone to make him perform consistently, first and foremost he has to do his job which on Saturday he didnt & that is why members gave him some stick, whether you think that is 'ridiculous' is your opinion but other members have the right to post on his showing. Good players perform well in different positions, different formations & can adapt quickly to instructions - people should not use these as excuses, he will get credit from me when he performs well, like today!!! I & others will also get off his back when one game turns in 10 then 20 not 1 in 5 or 2 in 7.

Again I never said he doesn't perform with Rami, i said I've read other members views he doesn't - a big difference, although I'm sure there are games that they didn't play well together. As for Mikel providing a 'shield' for the back four, well I swore I saw him further up the pitch today (especially in the first half) even having a couple of attempts at goal?

Why would you?

It's not like matches have any bearing on your opinion of him.

What does this have to do with Mikel? This is why this thread lacks intelligence at times, because people insist on making their posts about other posters instead of the actual topic.

Lovely to see Mikel haters moan next year when he will be still wearing the sexy Chelsea shirt.

One is to say that Capoue, Chalobah etc are all better yet they havent played single game for Chelsea first team, the other is the truth that Mikel is just doing the job here.

What do you expect? He is a fucking DM. Not a striker to score, not CAM to do fancy passes and dribbles and not a fucking winger to run up and down the pitch. He is a DM that sits im front of defence and keeps things tiddy. He needs proper pivot pair to work at his best. There are so many comments like he is bad because he doesnt do a Ronaldinho and make woau moments. He isnt as versatile as Toure, De Rossi etc. But they havent won CL. Mikel did. And he was key part of that game vs Barca and Bayern. He did that and here is your thanks to him. Bravo!

How the fuck will we operate good as a club and attract people if we cant even support our players? I understand for Torres or Rafa. But Mikel?

AND WHAT IS THE MOST FUNNY THING IS THAT PEOPLE SAY CAPOUE IS BETTER 100 TIMES THAN MIKEL WHILE CAPOUE NEVER EVEN PLAYED IN CL OR ANY BIG COMPETITION. You expect signing Capoue or someone and then we will have super midfield king who will won exactly 5 tackles and 5 interceptions per game according to whoscored. Nice.

Mikel wasnt world class, but neither was the rest of team. We are in mess and you cant expect our players will be superb this season if we are in transition period...give team time and then we will talk.

But aren't you one who's been mentioning Capoue's name for months in the transfer thread as an upgrade over Mikel? If I'm wrong I apologize, just seems like you mentioned he and Benat over and over along with others DM's.

Nobody here hates him. It's a ridiculously stupid thing to say because Chelsea supporters don't hate their players.

Learn that.

Apparently you dont like him very much. Its about supporting our players. You dont support Mikel or do you?

I've said Chalobah is better and i base that not just on his technical skills, but his intangibles (that means his mentality and personality, okay?).

HA! And you think everything is in mentality for player to suceed now. Chalobah is long term option, but if you think that he is better than Mikel NOW, you are delusional.

Yes, we know what he's supposed to do.

Seems you dont, People mentioning he should be superman to be ''worthy'' of our DM position. Again, his job is to pass carefuly. His job is to sit ahead back 4. His job is to mark in midfield. Not long balls, not forward passes. You keep say he should do all that and more. When he has CAPABLE partner in midfield who covers his role, Mikel is pretty fine with intercepting and tackling.

Actually no-one has said that. No-one wants him to play like Ronaldinho, no-one expects him to.

Yet he is typical DM and you keep moaning about him being not good enough for Chelsea...

So did Kalou. So has Wes Brown. (De Rossi won the World Cup by the way, so he can't be that bad).

Throw me some more names. Any explanation?

We do support our players.

I can see people support players. But some dont and I can see how you support him (lets sell him, he is shit, inconsistent, bad energy, cant make midfield better,...).

I don't think Capoue is a better player, and let's not forget that he lost his French national squad spot to Pogba, a player who was just 19 at the start of the season.

Yet you would replace Mikel with him. LOL. It has to be as they say, what is not ours is always better than what we have.

And please quote yourself as you, not ''we'' because its only you who is replying to my posts and try to give some counter opinion on everything I say. BTW did I killed your cat or something?

I realy wont bother with your posts anymore mate, sorry...

Your post is highly confusing stating things that I have not actually posted & you have lost me on some of it but I will do my best to reply.

So by your own admission you 'totally stay away from the Mikel thread' yet take it upon urself to call people hypocrites? So its all well & dandy for you to do that without reading many members post because most are stating he is niether good or bad & give clear transparent reasons why they have their reservations so you had no right to post that especially when you haven't even read their comments. I didn't call you a hypocrite, I merely asked you a question which you haven't answered - there's a huge difference!!! So wind your neck in.

Unless I was reading your previous post wrong I'm pretty sure you posted 'god like status' silly me must be going senile?!

Don't quote bollocks, you are putting different meanings to what i actually posted, I said good players perform in shit teams meaning that Mikel should not need anyone to make him perform consistently, first and foremost he has to do his job which on Saturday he didnt & that is why members gave him some stick, whether you think that is 'ridiculous' is your opinion but other members have the right to post on his showing. Good players perform well in different positions, different formations & can adapt quickly to instructions - people should not use these as excuses, he will get credit from me when he performs well, like today!!! I & others will also get off his back when one game turns in 10 then 20 not 1 in 5 or 2 in 7.

Again I never said he doesn't perform with Rami, i said I've read other members views he doesn't - a big difference, although I'm sure there are games that they didn't play well together. As for Mikel providing a 'shield' for the back four, well I swore I saw him further up the pitch today (especially in the first half) even having a couple of attempts at goal?

there is a reason i say i stay away from this thread and that is because i know what goes on here. do i need to tell u how many and exactly who all would like to throttle mikel on sight. so dont presume i dont know what people post. plus i gave my comment after reading what people had to say about mikel today, so u make absolutely no sense.

please enlighten me as to where exactly in my previous post did i give mikel "god like status"... seems u have got a problem reading and understanding things.

mikel is a player with a lot of limitations and constraints, be his passing range, his forward play. but when u have only one functional DM in the squad u expect things to be tweaked according to his benefit so that his performance can be enhanced. judging mikel on the soton performance is "ridiculous" because the whole team was piss poor and it was no suprise that so was mikel (someone who thrives more on the team's performance than any1 else in this squad). (by the way if this post does not tell u that i m not a mikel fan then nothin ever will. he is a chelsea player and thus i support him. praise him when he does good and hope for a better showing if he does not and ridicule him if he shows no interest, passion for a long period of time).

if u saw mikel further up probably u even noticed iva and luiz in the box during corners and set pieces, does that make them strikers. dont give stupid arguments. if we are dominating possessions with united pinged back into their boxes, where do u expect mikel to be? or do u think the only job of the cdm is to contribute defensively irrespective of the play going on...

Apparently you dont like him very much. Its about supporting our players. You dont support Mikel or do you?

I do. I want him to fulfil his potential.

HA! And you think everything is in mentality for player to suceed now. Chalobah is long term option, but if you think that he is better than Mikel NOW, you are delusional.

Yes, I think mentality is important. Technically and physically Mikel and Chalobah have it all.

What will set them apart is their mentality. But if you want to discuss the specifics of Chalobah's game, I'm more than happy to.

Seems you dont, People mentioning he should be superman to be ''worthy'' of our DM position. Again, his job is to pass carefuly. His job is to sit ahead back 4. His job is to mark in midfield. Not long balls, not forward passes. You keep say he should do all that and more. When he has CAPABLE partner in midfield who covers his role, Mikel is pretty fine with intercepting and tackling.

He should be Superman now? Is it easier to debate Mikel when you make up lies about what other people have said?

I say he should make long balls and forward passes?

You are a liar sir.

Yet he is typical DM and you keep moaning about him being not good enough for Chelsea...

Those aren't opposing points. :rolleyes:

Throw me some more names. Any explanation?

That having a medal doesn't confirm one's exceptional quality, nor does it exempt them from criticism.

I can see people support players. But some dont and I can see how you support him (lets sell him, he is shit, inconsistent, bad energy, cant make midfield better,...).

I support these players week in, week out. If you want to question that then we're really not going to get on.

Yet you would replace Mikel with him. LOL. It has to be as they say, what is not ours is always better than what we have.

Again, I don't think I've ever thrown Capoue's name into the ring as a replacement. Is this yet another lie or are you unable to read what people have written?

And please quote yourself as you, not ''we'' because its only you who is replying to my posts and try to give some counter opinion on everything I say. BTW did I killed your cat or something?

I realy wont bother with your posts anymore mate, sorry...

That's fine by me. You've shown yourself to be a poor debater and a liar.

But aren't you one who's been mentioning Capoue's name for months in the transfer thread as an upgrade over Mikel? If I'm wrong I apologize, just seems like you mentioned he and Benat over and over along with others DM's.

I have mentioned him and couple others IF the board would actualy sign any DM to give Mikel some competition. But personaly I wouldnt replace Mikel and buy other DM. After all we have Chalobah and Romeu for future. I also mentioned Song or Witsel for example, but only if he would play along Mikel As for Benat yes. But he isnt DM and has nothing to do with Mikel.

I do. I want him to fulfil his potential.

Yes, I think mentality is important. Technically and physically Mikel and Chalobah have it all.

What will set them apart is their mentality. But if you want to discuss the specifics of Chalobah's game, I'm more than happy to.

He should be Superman now? Is it easier to debate Mikel when you make up lies about what other people have said?

I say he should make long balls and forward passes?

You are a liar sir.

Those aren't opposing points. :rolleyes:

That having a medal doesn't confirm one's exceptional quality, nor does it exempt them from criticism.

I support these players week in, week out. If you want to question that then we're really not going to get on.

Again, I don't think I've ever thrown Capoue's name into the ring as a replacement. Is this yet another lie or are you unable to read what people have written?

That's fine by me. You've shown yourself to be a poor debater and a liar

I guess I would be good debater only if I agree on your opinion then? You just quote me to say everything opposite of what I say...ok If you think so, but you dont neccesary have right sir.

I see Mikel as good player. You dont. You would replace him with someone else if you could as he is not what you want from DM.

If you never mentioned Capoue as Mikel replacement fine, I appologise (even I thought you mentioned him or someone else).

P.S.: I said superman (that is general name for someone capable everything) because people expect him do to things he isnt required to do. Nor he can. They expect him to be like Yaya Toure. Toure is pivotal player at City (who has very offensive and open role), who is key of City game along with Silva. He is center of their play and gets ball all the time. At Chelsea Mikel is just DM. Mata and Hazard are players who pull strings and dictate midfield. Mikel has restricted role to make simple passes. Yaya has all the freedom he wants on other hand. And here the players are different. Besides DM role is very important mentaly for player and DMs are usualy older players. Toure is 29 nowdays...Makelele was 30 when he got to his peak. Dont call people Liars and fool yourself.

people are bloody awesome on this forum... had any1 else in the chelsea shirt put on the performance mikel did today, that guy might have been elevated to the god status but the hypocrites that people are

Please explain this comment - 'god status' & 'hypocrites' tell me what you are alluding too?

Mikel was not the only one that was 'piss poor' against Southampton & he certainly wasn't the only player to get stick, he got some sledging because of his own poor performance yet you use the term hypocrites on just a few posts regarding the Southampton game?

You are also answering things for me - you are telling me Mikel is a player with a lot of limitations & also stating that he thrives more than anyone else in the squad with team performance, well that tells me he shouldn't be playing pro football!! If one of the detractors like me said this, the Mikel fans would be on me like a rash?!! Sorry mate but you have totally lost me......

Please explain this comment - 'god status' & 'hypocrites' tell me what you are alluding too?

Mikel was not the only one that was 'piss poor' against Southampton & he certainly wasn't the only player to get stick, he got some sledging because of his own poor performance yet you use the term hypocrites on just a few posts regarding the Southampton game?

You are also answering things for me - you are telling me Mikel is a player with a lot of limitations & also stating that he thrives more than anyone else in the squad with team performance, well that tells me he shouldn't be playing pro football!! If one of the detractors like me said this, the Mikel fans would be on me like a rash?!! Sorry mate but you have totally lost me......

u actually have a problem understanding that statament... UNBELIEVABLE. btw y did u stop the quoting at "are"... i ll tell u what i said next. it was "give him a respite for a game". u think thats a call to give a god like status??? (by the way try again to decode the hidden meaning in the statement, its not that difficult).

few posts??? tell me a player who got half as much stick as mikel.

i was stating the obvious. do u think busquets is some1 who can win barca champions league single handedly. NO. yet he is a very efficient cog in the barca wheel. does he have 10 assits or 5 goals in the season, i dont think so, yet every1 knows how important his defensive positioning and even his 6 yard passes to xavi and iniesta are. saying mikel thrives on the players around him is not an insult to him and u need to understand football better for it. not every1 in the team can be a matchwinner, some1 has to do the dirty work and for us the best option is mikel. he might not be the best in the world by some fair distance but he is not as bad and he definitely does not deserve the ridicule he is getting from his own fans.