Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Categorising supporters of this club as haters is a tad insulting (but not surprising).

Saying 'fuck them' is taking the piss.

I've notice you pop up in this thread, make a silly comment and add nothing to the discussion. Stick to that in future. <_<

Cry more.

Your 100% right with the first goal and he marked a lot of times the worng man.(always the one "more far away from goal(sorry for my english btw))

The second goal went over Torres head I think.

He has to step up his game and I hope he does because I can´t think of an cheap upgrade to him.

The only thing I wanted was to stop that "Mikel can only pass to Terry" discussion we have bigger problems to concentrate on.

So after just one game against 500 you've proven that Mikel can now pass forward on a consistent basis?

Genius.jpg

Just had a look at the Southampton goals. I don't understand what this free-kick discussion is even about. Mikel had zero chance of reaching that ball, what the fuck, the shot was too high even for Yao Ming to reach it. And if it's about him not jumping, the wall was clearly instructed to stay in place. Out of 4 men only Torres jumped, the rest stood still.

Maybe I misunderstood something, what is this argument over the free-kick about?

The whole team bar Oscar played well, do you want me to go on every players thread & give them some man love too? Mikel had a good game but your post is exactly why people get annoyed cus you are bigging him up to be 'god like status' when all he had was a decent game, do you also criticize him when he has a bad game too? If you don't you have no right to call anybody else a hypocrite!

For the record Mikel did his job to day, if he performed like today on a regular basis were he had consistency then 'haters' would not post negativity & don't post excuses like its because he played with Rami, good players perform well in shit teams & I've read on this forum that Mikel & Rami don't play well together, so it is getting rather loaded with tame excuses & conflicting opinions.

find a damn post where I have given mikel "a god like status"... normally i totally stay away from the mikel thread due to its absolute ridiculousness but the amount of crap written about mikel over the past 2 matches made me comment. if u dont believe it, have a long read of this thread. so I AM NO HYPOCRITE.

so by your account i am to believe that team compostion would and should have no affect on a player's performance. when mikel plays with lamps he is the aggressor (in a sort of way), as seen in the southampton match when mikel tried pressing higher up the pitch but failed miserably. as compared to today when he got to play to his strong point which is being a proper shield to the back 4. people on this forum have claimed torres to be a god 2 years ago, so probably u should believe that too if u believe mikel-rambo dont play well together. so it is upto u to decide what is bullshit because i should enlighten u that this is a forum where different people with different thought processes comment on almost everythin about this club and most of those opinions are bound to be conflicting.

Just had a look at the Southampton goals. I don't understand what this free-kick discussion is even about. Mikel had zero chance of reaching that ball, what the fuck, the shot was too high even for Yao Ming to reach it. And if it's about him not jumping, the wall was clearly instructed to stay in place. Out of 4 men only Torres jumped, the rest stood still.

Maybe I misunderstood something, what is this argument over the free-kick about?

It's a point I first raised so you're probably addressing me.

The question I asked was whether he tried to block it, whether his head moved towards it. It's a recurring point about his effort and commitment to the cause. I disagree with your characterisation of it and think he actually moves away from the ball and Torres does the same.

It's a point I first raised so you're probably addressing me.

The question I asked was whether he tried to block it, whether his head moved towards it. It's a recurring point about his effort and commitment to the cause. I disagree with your characterisation of it and think he actually moves away from the ball and Torres does the same.

I don't know, to me it looks like he only turned his shoulder to protect his face. Torres jumped for the ball, how could he have moved away from it?

you lol

Is this supposed to mean that other supporters of this club don't make intelligent arguments about him?

Which members are you talking about specifically?

But having said that, Mikel, on the other hand, is the best passer in the league for the past 4-5 seasons.

He had 84% completion rate against Southampton yet a terrible game - don't watch whoscored, watch the games.

but I think it is fair to say the Mikel is in the top 3 DMs in the league.

Mikel is not a world beater, I never claimed otherwise,

:blink::blink:

Mikel is not a world beater, I never claimed otherwise, but he's a good player, currently one of our better ones. We have much more pressing issues in our squad. The bashing he constantly gets by some is ridiculous, imo. That's why I go over the top defending him.

THIS!!!

Is this supposed to mean that other supporters of this club don't make intelligent arguments about him?

Which members are you talking about specifically?

Yes this thread has been lacking a lot of intelligence in the past dozen pages, including posts defending Mikel by myself because the discussion had turned into a cat fight.

He had 84% completion rate against Southampton yet a terrible game - don't watch whoscored, watch the games.

:blink::blink:

And we're back to the lack of intelligence....but thank you for taking a couple of sentences in my post completely out of context :rolleyes:

Yes this thread has been lacking a lot of intelligence in the past dozen pages, including posts defending Mikel by myself because the discussion had turned into a cat fight.

And we're back to the lack of intelligence....but thank you for taking a couple of sentences in my post completely out of context :rolleyes:

You're the one who admitted going over the top in defending him. I've actually agreed with the point about people being too vociferous in criticising him or too sycophantic in defending him.

He's a decent player but he's not someone we can rely on because he's inconsistent. The last two games demonstrated that perfectly. Put great players around him against opposition that won't put pressure on him and he has a place in the squad. But we need a LEADER in that position and that isn't him I'm afraid.

BTW, you admitted you didn't watch the game against Southampton. Maybe you need to stop going over the top in defending him and focus on what's best for this club.

Lovely to see Mikel haters moan next year when he will be still wearing the sexy Chelsea shirt.

One is to say that Capoue, Chalobah etc are all better yet they havent played single game for Chelsea first team, the other is the truth that Mikel is just doing the job here.

What do you expect? He is a fucking DM. Not a striker to score, not CAM to do fancy passes and dribbles and not a fucking winger to run up and down the pitch. He is a DM that sits im front of defence and keeps things tiddy. He needs proper pivot pair to work at his best. There are so many comments like he is bad because he doesnt do a Ronaldinho and make woau moments. He isnt as versatile as Toure, De Rossi etc. But they havent won CL. Mikel did. And he was key part of that game vs Barca and Bayern. He did that and here is your thanks to him. Bravo!

How the fuck will we operate good as a club and attract people if we cant even support our players? I understand for Torres or Rafa. But Mikel?

AND WHAT IS THE MOST FUNNY THING IS THAT PEOPLE SAY CAPOUE IS BETTER 100 TIMES THAN MIKEL WHILE CAPOUE NEVER EVEN PLAYED IN CL OR ANY BIG COMPETITION. You expect signing Capoue or someone and then we will have super midfield king who will won exactly 5 tackles and 5 interceptions per game according to whoscored. Nice.

Mikel wasnt world class, but neither was the rest of team. We are in mess and you cant expect our players will be superb this season if we are in transition period...give team time and then we will talk.

Lovely to see Mikel haters moan next year when he will be still wearing the sexy Chelsea shirt.

Nobody here hates him. It's a ridiculously stupid thing to say because Chelsea supporters don't hate their players.

Learn that.

One is to say that Capoue, Chalobah etc are all better yet they havent played single game for Chelsea first team, the other is the truth that Mikel is just doing the job here.

I've said Chalobah is better and i base that not just on his technical skills, but his intangibles (that means his mentality and personality, okay?).

What do you expect? He is a fucking DM. Not a striker to score, not CAM to do fancy passes and dribbles and not a fucking winger to run up and down the pitch. He is a DM that sits im front of defence and keeps things tiddy.

Yes, we know what he's supposed to do.

He needs proper pivot pair to work at his best. There are so many comments like he is bad because he doesnt do a Ronaldinho and make woau moments.

Actually no-one has said that. No-one wants him to play like Ronaldinho, no-one expects him to.

Okay?

He isnt as versatile as Toure, De Rossi etc. But they havent won CL. Mikel did. And he was key part of that game vs Barca and Bayern. He did that and here is your thanks to him. Bravo!

So did Kalou. So has Wes Brown. (De Rossi won the World Cup by the way, so he can't be that bad).

How the fuck will we operate good as a club and attract people if we cant even support our players? I understand for Torres or Rafa. But Mikel?

We do support our players.

AND WHAT IS THE MOST FUNNY THING IS THAT PEOPLE SAY CAPOUE IS BETTER 100 TIMES THAN MIKEL WHILE CAPOUE NEVER EVEN PLAYED IN CL OR ANY BIG COMPETITION. You expect signing Capoue or someone and then we will have super midfield king who will won exactly 5 tackles and 5 interceptions per game according to whoscored. Nice.

I don't think Capoue is a better player, and let's not forget that he lost his French national squad spot to Pogba, a player who was just 19 at the start of the season.

PS. is this thread sponsored by whoscored.com?