Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

He looks like an absolute monster on youtube. Immense finishing, good link up play, blistering pace, the killer instinct... then I watched him vs Tottenham in the CL and I can't help being left disaapointed in what I saw. That being said,  it was only two games in which he did score a pen... he is young and has many years to grow. Anyone with a decent footballing brain can see he will bring something benecicial to our squad and Klopp wanted him, which says it all. Fair play to Frank for playing his part in convincing him. 

Judging a player out of nowhere over 2 games in the Champions League is silly. I remember Sancho was rubbish when Dortmund played Spurs in the CL last season but that didn't mean he was bad.

As for Werner vs Spurs, I don't think he was bad or anything. Not perfect but he was lively and gave a busy performance in both legs. 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Judging a player out of nowhere over 2 games in the Champions League is silly. I remember Sancho was rubbish when Dortmund played Spurs in the CL last season but that didn't mean he was bad.

As for Werner vs Spurs, I don't think he was bad or anything. Not perfect but he was lively and gave a busy performance in both legs. 

I'm not judging him in his entirety after watching just 2 games... but i still wasn't that impressed. In honesty, I haven't seen many Leipzig games, so I really can't judge. As i said though, he looks immense on youtube. I hope he is as good as many say he is. I'm happy either way. The lad can obviously finish. 

I actually hope he plays as the main striker in a 433 but not as as hold up player obviously. It's fine for him to move left and the winger takes his space.

Kind of similar to what firmino does.

Just praying this buy doesnt mean 442.

Pulisic would have good movement from the left as would mount from behind.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I actually hope he plays as the main striker in a 433 but not as as hold up player obviously. It's fine for him to move left and the winger takes his space.

Kind of similar to what firmino does.

That's not what Firmino does. 

Bottom line is that I fully trust Super Frank with the transfer. If he is convinced, we have to get him indeed. 

And despite my Sancho-dream - can‘t help but I am extremely happy that another German has found his way to the best club in the world.

4 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Bottom line is that I fully trust Super Frank with the transfer. If he is convinced, we have to get him indeed. 

And despite my Sancho-dream - can‘t help but I am extremely happy that another German has found his way to the best club in the world.

The Ziyech transfer ultimately meant our chances of landing Sancho were much thinner. People including here didn't want to believe it at the time but that's what it was. He's too expensive and we have other positions where the squad need strenghtening. United needs a winger badly and they fixed other needs last summer(Maguire, AWB).

I'm not entirely sold on Werner as a striker especially in the EPL but I don't mind as long as we have Tammy in the squad. He will offer versatility and more tactical options.

Firmino is a false 9. Almost a CAM. 
Werner stays wide and gets behind defenders. 
But that doesnt make much difference to my point. If Werner is to play as our main striker he is going to fail as a focal point. But there are plenty of examples (firmino) of strikers which move away from goal but are still successful central strikers. That firmino drops deeper than Werner doesnt change that

I don't really get this he can't play as a lone striker thing. There were tons of stikers with same characteristics as Werner that played as a sole man upfront. Aubameyang, Vardy and Defoe first come to my mind. I don't really see why couldn't he, too.

13 minutes ago, DDA said:

Love Sancho as a player but not fussed about missing out on him if it means we can strengthen the squad in other areas that will ultomately make us a stronger well rounded team.

Ziyech, Werner, Telles/Tagliafico cost all together Sancho money so yes three of them > Sancho.

I don't really get this he can't play as a lone striker thing. There were tons of stikers with same characteristics as Werner that played as a sole man upfront. Aubameyang, Vardy and Defoe first come to my mind. I don't really see why couldn't he, too.
Auba is almost 190 cm tall and physically stronger.
Vardy is technically superior and better at finishing.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

I think Vardy is technically average player, he is just crazy fast and has great finishing, something Werner is good at too and will get better with experience.

Ok, Auba is stronger, but I don't think that's the reason he is good.

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

OK we get you don't like Werner, can you take your trolley back and get the pound out as it's boring now.

I think Vardy is technically average player, he is just crazy fast and has great finishing, something Werner is good at too and will get better with experience.
Ok, Auba is stronger, but I don't think that's the reason he is good.
Werner gets physically bullied. He *can* succeed if he moves like Vardy who has a very similar skillset