Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

I said Werner should of punished them, am I wrong? or are you going to keep constantly going around the forum with the same agenda and puffing out the same rubbish?
I am just pointing out your hypocrisy.

I don't like it when people slaughter our own players each and day out and than say "let's get player XYZ because he is a clinical finisher". But in reality facts say something else.
Same shit when people said Jovic was World class. I am from Frankfurt and I can say he was never world class.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

I am just pointing out your hypocrisy.

I don't like it when people slaughter our own players each and day out and than say "let's get player XYZ because he is a clinical finisher". But in reality facts say something else.
Same shit when people said Jovic was World class. I am from Frankfurt and I can say he was never world class.

Point at my hypocrisy and I want at least three clear examples.

As for Jovic been world class, whoever said that wants hanging, he wasn't world class before Madrid.

One thing that stands out in addition to his pace when you watch all of his goals on YouTube is how comfortable he is on his weaker left foot.  You can tell he has worked extremely hard on shooting with that foot. Some players are useless with their weaker foot and shy away from using it even when in scoring positions. But nope, Werner is lethal with his.

"Could be next week, could be at end of Bundelsiga season or when Leipzig are out of the CL."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

tenor.gif

7 hours ago, Jason said:

I don't know why people are obsessed with thinking we'll move to 4-4-2 because of Werner. Sure, that's an option but we are getting him because of his versatility to play in various attacking positions. We may play him up front or as an inside forward of the LW, like he has been doing for Leipzig.

Hopefully through the middle. I mean he isnt the most physical player but look at his goal record? He can get in behind teams and score goals. Hopefully he is here as a CF option first and foremost.

7 hours ago, Special Juan said:

He missed some good chances today, but in all honesty Upemecano cost them that game by his sheer petulance. 

Werner was always on the shoulder of the last man and his pace is something else. RB should of been out of sight and Werner should of punished them.

From when I started watching (20 mins onwards), I would only say he missed one good chance today (when he had beat the GK to the ball). The other one where he got played in the channel and hit it over was a tough chance. 

That said, he isn't perfect yet and does need work. However, as anyone that has been tracking him for a while will say, he has been improving consistently year on year so he should still improve, while his statistical output is very good. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hopefully through the middle. I mean he isnt the most physical player but look at his goal record? He can get in behind teams and score goals. Hopefully he is here as a CF option first and foremost.

He will play from the left. People need to think of him as a Anelka/Mertens type player. I really cannot see him playing CF unless SFL switches to a 352 formation and he plays off Giroud. I really cannot see us playing 433 with him as CF in the PL or moving to a 442 and giving up midfield. 

5 hours ago, King Kante said:

He will play from the left. People need to think of him as a Anelka/Mertens type player. I really cannot see him playing CF unless SFL switches to a 352 formation and he plays off Giroud. I really cannot see us playing 433 with him as CF in the PL or moving to a 442 and giving up midfield. 

You mentioned Anelka and Mertens but funnily enough, Anelka did play as a lone CF in his career and Mertens has done the same as well (along with playing out wide as an inside forward). I don't think it's a foregone conclusion or it's worth jumping the gun to say that Werner won't play as the CF for us. I'm sure Lampard will try that and have him supported by the No.10 and/or have Werner move around into the channels etc and others to bomb into the space he vacates to do damage. 

22 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I can't see us going two up top and you don't pay this much for a player to make him a squad member.

I'm not a massive Tammy fan, I think he is way off what we need. I'm not saying before football stopped he didn't do well, he did, but if we are kick on we need a top class striker and Werner is the complete article he can and will be IMO.

We have Pulisic, Ziyech and CHO as our wingers to name a few, someone is going to miss out, for me it will be Werner through the middle with Tammy missing out.

I don't think Abraham will be benched. We could line up with a formation like this

Abraham

Pulisic/CHO   -   Werner   -   Ziyech

Kovacic   -   Kante

OR

Werner  -  Abraham  -  Ziyech

Rlc/Mount  -  Kante

Kovacic/Gilmour

This way we have more goalscorers on the pitch with ziyech supplying them. In fact, in Liepzeg, Poulsen plays with werner and provides the hold up play up front while Werner runs in behind. This could play out the same way with Abraham and Werner. Also Judging from our pursuit of Chilwell, Lamps may just be looking for a very attacking left wing back along side Reece james and aiming for a 3-4-3 Just like liepzeg like this

Werner  -  Abraham

Ziyech

Chilwell  -  Kovacic  -  Kante  -  James

Rudiger  -  Christensen  - Azpi

OR

Werner  -  Abraham  -  Ziyech

Chilwell  -  Kovacic  -  Kante  -  James

Rudiger  -  Christensen  - Azpi

Both ways Werner is going to benefit from the system as he's so versatile and has a strong weak foot. He has 30 goals already, he's not a small player and with his entry, we have him and ziyech with long range shooting. Finally I thought I'll never see the days of Lamps and Ballack taking long shots again....

4 hours ago, Jason said:

You mentioned Anelka and Mertens but funnily enough, Anelka did play as a lone CF in his career and Mertens has done the same as well (along with playing out wide as an inside forward). I don't think it's a foregone conclusion or it's worth jumping the gun to say that Werner won't play as the CF for us. I'm sure Lampard will try that and have him supported by the No.10 and/or have Werner move around into the channels etc and others to bomb into the space he vacates to do damage. 

Well, yes. Like Werner they could/can also play CF. However, my point was Anelka primarily played from a WF role for us and Mertens has mostly played as a WF throughout his career. Hence, I see Werner doing the same. Will we ever see him play the CF role here? Probably. Will he come in and play that role from the start? I very much doubt it. 

2 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Both ways Werner is going to benefit from the system as he's so versatile and has a strong weak foot. He has 30 goals already, he's not a small player and with his entry, we have him and ziyech with long range shooting.

Werner will likely need to get physically stronger to cope with the Premier League but otherwise, he is similar in size to Aguero and the latter hasn't done too badly in the Premier League...

Karl Heinz Rummenigge just said that he is disappointed in Werner that he chose us. He said that RB Leipzig are at the moment maybe a bigger club than Chelsea and Werner should have gone to Pool or City or to the big Clubs in Spain. Fuck him and Fuck Bayern.