Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

RB Leipzig's Timo Werner: "I've become more versatile under Julian Nagelsmann"

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/timo-werner-i-ve-become-more-versatile-under-julian-nagelsmann-rb-leipzig-8803

rbl_werner_nagelsmann_1920.jpg?crop=0px,0px,1920px,1080px&fit=1140

"Left, right or through the middle, I know you'll score goals." RB Leipzig's Timo Werner (l.) has taken his game to another level under Julian Nagelsmann (r.). - © getty images

Timo Werner has credited RB Leipzig coach Julian Nagelsmann for his prolific run of form in front of goal this season.

Werner, 23, scored twice to take his overall tally for the 2019/20 campaign to 18 as Bundesliga leaders Leipzig came from 2-0 down in a pulsating 3-3 draw with title rivals Borussia Dortmund on Matchday 16.

The Germany international is now level with Bayern Munich counterpart Robert Lewandowski - the league's leading marksman in each of the past two campaigns - at the head of the scoring charts. In his first three seasons at Leipzig, he registered 21, 13 and 16 goals respectively.

"I've become more versatile under Julian Nagelsmann, and have already played in a number of positions," Werder explained after scoring more than one goal in a single Bundesliga match for the fifth time this season. "I haven't just played out on the left or right like today against BVB, but also as a No.10 or lone striker.

"My role was to try to pull the Dortmund defence out of position. It didn't go so well in the first half, but was better in the second."

snip

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 3:01 PM, Jason said:

I know Werner has said he'd like to play for Liverpool or Man United but I'm gonna really cry if either move (Liverpool more likely than United) happens...

giphy.gif

as I have been saying, this is a massive fear of mine

also, IF he leaves, Lautaro is 90% going to either Real, Barca, or Shitty

Icardi will 99% be signed permanently by PSG

Mbappe will never happen for us, we simply cannot afford him even if he came for only £150m (he would cost nearly double that in reality) plus at least £200m to 300m in salary for 5 years)

Dybala now is 95% not leaving Juve

so that leaves dice rolls overall

the only (atm) remotely classy strikers who are not too old (I even list some who are too old) who are remotely available (and some really are not available)

Dembele (it really is coming down to him if we miss out on Werner)

Gabriel Jesus (IF Shitty signs Lautaro and IF they decide to sell him, which is doubtful as Aguero (32 in 2 weeks) cannot play forever and Pep demands two great strikers)

Lewa (too old for long term at all, he is 32 in the summer)

Dominic Calvert-Lewin (young (22) HG, good size (1.87m) having a good year (11 goals in only 1700 minutes, 9 are league), I like him, which I know will get ridicule, lol)

Ciro Immobile (30 in a month and will not leave Lazio, he is however on pure fiya, a superb striker)

Raúl Jiménez (29 in 3 months and I cannot see him coming here, I can so see Manure signing him if they miss out on Werner)

Jovic (loan only for me, he looks poor atm)

Alfredo Morelos  (Rangers)

Piatek (bust)

Arkadiusz Milik (Poison dwarf though and a huge risk)

Andrea Belotti (only 6 of his 15 goals are against decent teams (Wolves, AC Milan, and Roma) the rest are against pure dregs)

Gabigol (meh meh meh)

then pure youth plays (some with massive potential like Malen and Osimhen)

Fedor Chalov
Victor Osimhen      
Donyell Malen      
Marcus Thuram  
João Pedro    
Myron Boadu

Josh Maja (good 3rd striker pick)

and the super young teens (who will have no effect on our 1st teams for at least 2 to 3 years or so, if then)

Sebastiano Esposito (Inter)

Fábio Silva (Porto)

Marcos Paulo (Fluminense)

Eddie Salcedo (on a double loan from Inter)

Pietro Pellegri (Monaco)

• 4 months later...

Dream world 4 2 3 1 for 2021/22 season

GK Ugurcan Cakir or Predrag Rajkovic

LCB Gabriel

RCB Upamecano

LB Theo Hernandez

RB Reece

DMF Tonali or Camavinga (paid for via Jorginho sale)

Box to Box Gilmour

No. 10 Havertz

LW Sancho

RW Ziyech

CF Werner (added just to drive @Jason bonkers, lololol)

the 14 Backups/Rotational

GK Vicente Guaita or Martin Dúbravka

CB Rudiger

CB Tomori

LB Alex Sandro (came via swap for Emerson)

RB Azpi (his last season with us, he will leave on a free in 2022 I am pretty sure, as he will be 33 in August 2022, and 33 is washed the fuck up for a RB on a top 4 team n the EPL, I cannot even see Marina renewing him at 33)

DMF/CB Ampadu

CMF Kovacic

CMF/AMF RLC

CMF/DMF Conor Gallagher

AMF Mount

LW Pulisic

RW CHO (provided he isn't in prison, ffs :()

CF Tammy

CF Broja

buy bye Kante, especially if he fucks us and refuses to play due to COVID-19  (which means, if he is refusing now, he surely wont play in the fall/winter, when the 2nd wave is ripping into us)

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Here's a taste of what you could have in FM...

EY3ArmFUYAIBsyV?format=png&name=small

Mbappe's salary demands are a deal breaker. I gave up trying to make it work. He would cost around 400m to half a billion quid en toto over 5 years (that is a  per-COVID valuation) when fees and wages, etc are totaled up. Our fate with the Mbappes of the world was sealed when Roman pulled the plug on the new stadium, which would have given us an extra £50m to £75m (or more) per annum in pure new revenue to play with.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Dream world 4 2 3 1 for 2021/22 season

GK Ugurcan Cakir or Predrag Rajkovic

LCB Gabriel

RCB Upamecano

LB Theo Hernandez

RB Reece

DMF Tonali or Camavinga (paid for via Jorginho sale)

Box to Box Gilmour

No. 10 Havertz

LW Sancho

RW Ziyech

CF Werner (added just to drive @Jason bonkers, lololol)

the 14 Backups/Rotational

GK Vicente Guaita or Martin Dúbravka

CB Rudiger

CB Tomori

LB Alex Sandro (came via swap for Emerson)

RB Azpi (his last season with us, he will leave on a free in 2022 I am pretty sure, as he will be 33 in August 2022, and 33 is washed the fuck up for a RB on a top 4 team n the EPL, I cannot even see Marina renewing him at 33)

DMF/CB Ampadu

CMF Kovacic

CMF/AMF RLC

CMF/DMF Conor Gallagher

AMF Mount

LW Pulisic

RW CHO (provided he isn't in prison, ffs :()

CF Tammy

CF Broja

buy bye Kante, especially if he fucks us and refuses to play due to COVID-19  (which means, if he is refusing now, he surely wont play in the fall/winter, when the 2nd wave is ripping into us)

That team is so young. Would probably need a couple of seasons to compete for CL and to reach prime but I like it.

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

That team is so young. Would probably need a couple of seasons to compete for CL and to reach prime but I like it.

young yes, but many already have a lot of top flight experience as starters

and it is starting in 2021/22 so yet another year before it was completed

it isn't like Brugge or a Lille where you have 19, 20, 21 year olds with almost no true topflight experience despite many of them having huge potential talent

at the start of the 2021/22 season, this would be the number of years starting at a topflight club they would have

GK Ugurcan Cakir (3 years) or Predrag Rajkovic (7 years)

LCB Gabriel     2 and a half years

RCB Upamecano    5 as a starter

LB Theo Hernandez   5 years as a starter

RB Reece  2 or 1 and a half to get picky (I am not counting anything before as it wasnt top of the pyramid play)

DMF Tonali or Camavinga (paid for via Jorginho sale)  4 or  2

Box to Box Gilmour  one and a little more (Kovacic will play a lot here)

No. 10 Havertz  almost 5 full years

LW Sancho  3 and a half

RW Ziyech 8 years

CF Werner  8 years

plus you have old heads on the bench or as  rotational starters

GK Vicente Guaita or Martin Dúbravka

CB Rudiger

LB Alex Sandro 

RB Azpi 

CMF Kovacic (10 years at that point, as a top flight starter, 8 and a half of it at Big 5 level)

even Puli will have 5 years

deffo NOT a team loaded up with rookies or 1 year players