• Kante
    • Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

6 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

romagnoli is their captain and I don't think they will sell him on january at all. the same for skriniar  maybe milenkovic from fiorentina or nkolou from torino may be available 

Nicolas N'Koulou is 30yo in 3 months btw, so absolutely off the board. 

Gosh blaming Azpi for his offensive performance when he is playing as left back is ridiculous. 

Zouma is perfectly fine. He has problem with with his positioning and defending channel all season long especially when he is asked to play  as Lcb. Walcott chances was the same story as Norwich goal. So why is he playing as LCB is beyond me. 

Didnt see this match, but even before seeing the result, the writing was on the wall after Everton flopped against Liverpool so badly.

Knew these fuckers would sack their manager and look to rebound against us. Wouldn't be surprised if they went to flop in their next game.

Anyway, this result is in the past. For now, we still have our points gap against the 5th placed team. Let's look to protect that 

Yes I am now really worried he won't be able to fix the defense even with new better players. When all defenders are making silly mistakes and under-performing I look at the manager.
He hasn't coached the team well. We have no thought of defensive shape if we lose the ball. Then it's just a free for all to run backwards

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Also, I question what on earth coaching is being done in training. We've conceded some really stupid, simple goals of late - e.g crosses from either side and someone just ghosts in to score. It's gotten to the point where we hope the crosses are inaccurate or someone just misses the chance. 

Now is the team to focus on this. Can Lampard coach a defence? Can Jody? Can Joe?

We really went overboard with the inwards promoting. I think we need to hire an assistant that is a defensive coach.

Lamps seems to have made a pact with Jody so it will be difficult to drop him. Looks like the other one should be dropped. It's not unheard of, Alex F had the ex real Madrid coach as his assistant and he coached the attack.

Bottom line, as a team our coaching stuff seem to have big fucking problems with the defensive side. Until that is rectified don't expect big improvements regardless of players.

Honestly, Rudiger coming in doesn't make this make away. We are always at risk of being counter attacked when our CBS!!!!! have the ball. Any miss placed pass by them, the fullbacks or cms and the opposition are running straight at our box because the rest of the team have trundled up to the opposition box waiting to score.

That's on the coach, not the players. Our defence and cms were much better last season.

The overreaction on here is comical.
Ok so I didn't see the game- but we all knew what was coming. The Everton performance of the season.
We just have to face facts - we cannot win every game with this team. 
Mistakes will happen and as long as we and the manager learns from it - all good.
Some of you are so fucking fickle it's embarrassing.
It doesn't matter where we finish this season, we are building for the future - it will take 2 or 3 seasons, like it did for Klopp or at least 2 seasons for Pep and you expect Lampard to magically shorten this time? Seriously, have a word with yourself. 
The future is bright, the future is blue.
You definitely didn't see the game lol.

6 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Now is the team to focus on this. Can Lampard coach a defence? Can Jody? Can Joe?

We really went overboard with the inwards promoting. I think we need to hire an assistant that is a defensive coach.

I don't know about the coaches but it feels like some are using the 'young squad', 'inexperienced squad' etc factors as excuse for the shambles because it's a joke how we keep on making the same kind of errors almost every game!

8 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Lamps seems to have made a pact with Jody so it will be difficult to drop him. Looks like the other one should be dropped. It's not unheard of, Alex F had the ex real Madrid coach as his assistant and he coached the attack.

Carlos Queiroz coached the defence, not attack. 

20 hours ago, chippy said:

Tammy is the only one of our young players who's looking good enough.

LOL. Comments like this are embarrassing. Did people expect our youngsters to perform consistently? Some of our fans are ridiculous. Mount is a top  prospect. James is too. A couple shifty defensive performances is not going to change that. He will be brilliant. Mount is starting regularly for a team who have been in top 4 and is 20 years of age. Compare that to being above teams such as Arsenal and Spurs who have more experienced players.

48 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't know about the coaches but it feels like some are using the 'young squad', 'inexperienced squad' etc factors as excuse for the shambles because it's a joke how we keep on making the same kind of errors almost every game!

Carlos Queiroz coached the defence, not attack. 

That's it. Usually if you see a huge problem with the way we defend you work out how to fix it. Instead it's the same stupid errors again and again and again.  Not all our players are inexperienced and some of it is just basic 

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

That's it. Usually if you see a huge problem with the way we defend you work out how to fix it. Instead it's the same stupid errors again and again and again.  Not all our players are inexperienced and some of it is just basic 

You would hope that there is improvement to this ASAP. Brendan Rodgers used to be crap with defences at Liverpool but is now suddenly managing the side with the best defence in the league!

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

You would hope that there is improvement to this ASAP. Brendan Rodgers used to be crap with defences at Liverpool but is now suddenly managing the side with the best defence in the league!

Yeah didn't realise how few goals they had against so far

9 compared to our 24

I ask for some calm.
It´s true that we have only one victory in the last five games and especially the last two losses were tough, but they are growing pains, we can´t expect maximum maturity of a young team and coach.

This game had two key aspects.

The obvious fatigue in some players, in which I highlight William and Pulisic, ..

And the Duncan factor.
All we knew was that they were going to enter in the field with a knife in their teeth, they would run faster than ever and they would play as a final, that's exactly what happened.

And we didn't seem minimally prepared for it.

We are having a great season so far, above all expectations, better physical management of the squad is required.
But after these defeats we still have an important margin and we have to recover sensations.

6 hours ago, Stats said:

LOL. Comments like this are embarrassing. Did people expect our youngsters to perform consistently? Some of our fans are ridiculous. Mount is a top  prospect. James is too. A couple shifty defensive performances is not going to change that. He will be brilliant. Mount is starting regularly for a team who have been in top 4 and is 20 years of age. Compare that to being above teams such as Arsenal and Spurs who have more experienced players.

It's quite funny because how many times in the summer and the build up to Frank's appointment did people swear patience if we were playing academy players and looking to the future? Even if we were midtable some promised yet the fact they're losing their shit while 4th shows that that was utter bullshit. The minute it's time to put the vow in practice it's back to type.

I wonder if the same people who think seeing context in defeat is an excuse or the signs we're acting like a small club also bashed us for being too shortsighted for appointing Jose to go for that quick title no matter what the long term expense.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It's quite funny because how many times in the summer and the build up to Frank's appointment did people swear patience if we were playing academy players and looking to the future? Even if we were midtable some promised yet the fact they're losing their shit while 4th shows that that was utter bullshit. The minute it's time to put the vow in practice it's back to type.

I wonder if the same people who think seeing context in defeat is an excuse or the signs we're acting like a small club also bashed us for being too shortsighted for appointing Jose to go for that quick title no matter what the long term expense.

Defeats can really bring out the worst in people. 

I still feel patient and happy to give time but we shouldn't be doing the same errors every time. Soon as a other team gets a free kick in a area you know where the ball is going. Or if start a run you don't think this be fine its oh shit. It's the players with the more experience which are worrying