• Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

As you said Rudi is not here. So zouma/ac. Tomori was shit against city and also, made a string of mistakes. Luckily none of them cost us. 
Emerson was good, but was owned. 
Kante, jorginho and kova played together against city and were pretty abject in attack where we seemed to miss a link between mid and attack. Against Valencia those 3 played together and we were pathetic. And so lucky to get away with just conceding 2.
So let's not try and rewrite history here. After the city and Valencia most here saw the missing link between attack and mid and we needed a no. 10. After city most wanted Emerson dropped. Plus with jorginho out too, we have to have a leader on the pitch.
Cho is coming back off a massive Injury and will be back to his best In some time so we casically are paper thin in terms of squad.
What we have acheived so far is commendable. 
If just kepa was having a good season, that itself would have made such a difference. But all of these are teething issues. Things which will get better with new players/time. 

I never wanted to Emerson to be dropped after City. People go crazy after a loss.
Kova Jorgi Kante is still our best midfield regardless if they were not Perfect against Valencia. Kova is playing the Season of his life.

Tomori for me is way better than Christensen. Faster, Stronger and wins more tackles. He will make mistakes but AC only won 50% of his tacklings. AC did not even have one Good game this season that comes to my mind

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Alabama said:

But it doesn't dissuade the fact that Tomori is the best of out of the trio... Having a bad game against City is not that bad we ain't playing every game day... For now James Rudiger Tomori and Emerson should be our backline then when we are ready to do business we can go all out for Emerson upgrade and a quality centre back... In the middle I will drop Mount for a while and use Pulisic there depending on the opposition... 

Fair. But it's not like a vvd to lovren situation. Tomori has made mistakes too, and if he was playing today and we had lost, it would have been why was tomori playing why not AC. That's how fickle the crowd is. 

Agree regarding mount. 

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

No idea why your original comment/question keeps changing.

Kepa can & should be dropped for making the same stupid mistakes for Willy, who is an adequate option in the short term.

I'm not looking for any scapegoats. Just saying how it is.

Did you not see the Joringho-Kovacic pairing against West Ham?

Without Kante, we might as well invite any team of note on the counter.

4 3 3

Drop Mount

Play Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic

RB Reece

LB Emerson 

Pray Rudiger gets healthy FAST, play Tomori with him

LW Pulisic

CF Tammy

RW Willian

Azpi should only see pitchtime again if Reece cannot go. He is DONE as a starter, done. He hurts the team massively and is a pure shit captain. Terry is spinning in his non grave.

The not good enoughs:

AC

Zouma

Azpi

Alonso

Barkley

Pedro

Bats

Giroud 

ALL NEED TO BE SOLD

ALL ARE UTTER PANTS

ALL NEED TO BE UPGRADED ON

I got pressured into accepting Zouma off a few good games

Never again 

He is fucking dreadful

Azpi is beyond shit as a LB. He makes bloody Alonso look like a mini Cafu (if Cafu was a LB)

IF Lamps wants to run next year with Zouma, Alonso, Azpi, AC, and Bats

Then he WILL be in the sack zone before next winter holidays, and fully deserve it

2 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Fair. But it's not like a vvd to lovren situation. Tomori has made mistakes too, and if he was playing today and we had lost, it would have been why was tomori playing why not AC. That's how fickle the crowd is. 

Agree regarding mount. 

absolutely yes... but they failed to understand it's a transition season especially with so many young players outta there... 

I can live with Tomori little erratic defensive mistakes here and there but the likes of Zouma Christensen and poor performance from Azpi is unforgivable...

26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

So much this

Not sure how to quote with the comment above about half built houses.  Don't disagree and hate to argue semantics but think we're 3/4 built actually.  This team is so close and am bullish on the future.  Sprinkle in a couple players and we make a run...

Just now, Vytis33 said:

Not sure how to quote with the comment above about half built houses.  Don't disagree and hate to argue semantics but think we're 3/4 built actually.  This team is so close and am bullish on the future.  Sprinkle in a couple players and we make a run...

I can go with 3/4ers

51 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I never wanted to Emerson to be dropped after City. People go crazy after a loss.
Kova Jorgi Kante is still our best midfield regardless if they were not Perfect against Valencia. Kova is playing the Season of his life.

Tomori for me is way better than Christensen. Faster, Stronger and wins more tackles. He will make mistakes but AC only won 50% of his tacklings. AC did not even have one Good game this season that comes to my mind

After City we faced West Ham and Emerson was preatty bad. 

But I see your point, and I tend to agree that we should give a run of James - Rudgier (if fit) Tomori and Emerson in the back. I also feel that could be the best till we upgrade. 

Mid of Jorgi Kante and Kova would be good even though we got owned by Valencia. Just need to get used to and work better the 3. 

4-3-3 is the best we can do for now until we upgrade. 

8 minutes ago, Fernando said:

But I see your point, and I tend to agree that we should give a run of James - Rudgier (if fit) Tomori and Emerson in the back. I also feel that could be the best till we upgrade. 

Mid of Jorgi Kante and Kova would be good even though we got owned by Valencia. Just need to get used to and work better the 3. 

That back line needs to be permanent. Changes made delicately. 

The midfield however should change base on opposition. 

But Valencia at home is a difficult One because they rarely lose at home. In la liga, they still have not lost at home. They play completely different away though

56 minutes ago, Alabama said:

absolutely yes... but they failed to understand it's a transition season especially with so many young players outta there... 

I can live with Tomori little erratic defensive mistakes here and there but the likes of Zouma Christensen and poor performance from Azpi is unforgivable...

Obviously I understand. Its the "fans" on here. That don't. I have already seen "positives" enough to see that lamps has a direction to take us forward. 

Yes, there are a lot of issues and teething issues, but obviously there will be. But this season is about getting to know who we can trust and keep for next season. Who is willing to adapt and improve on them and the team as a whole. 

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

football is a business

it isn't like Milan have just become shit

and if someone comes waving £35m for Azpi

sell him, bite their hand off

I do not give a toss if he is our captain

he is a POOR captain anyway

Romagnoli is one of the few reliable players they have. Him saying I am leaving is almost equal to go get relegated I don't care. Why would he rush, he can leave at the end of the season.

Sorry I don't see this happening.

This playing a RB at LB thing is beyond a joke. In 2 ways, offensively we definitely do suffer and also it makes us look as if we are concerned about the oppositions right winger that much.

Jose got constant criticism for it although we lacked at LB and I must admit, Frank deserves the same criticisms (even more so maybe) because he has got 2 LBs avaliable to pick from as well. Yes they arent perfect but fuck me, surely Emerson or even Alonso has to play ahead of a RB at LB or are they really that bad (know Alonso isnt everyones cup of tea and would fit that category)? I mean having 2 RBs and 2 LBs but continously lining up with 2 RBs is absolutely baffling. If it was working maybe then it would make sense but it isnt. Or is Reece James and Azpilicueta that good that he needs to play both every week? Not convinced entirely. If he wants to play both he has to go for a 343. Simple as that.

This playing a RB at LB thing is beyond a joke. In 2 ways, offensively we definitely do suffer and also it makes us look as if we are concerned about the oppositions right winger that much.
Jose got constant criticism for it although we lacked at LB and I must admit, Frank deserves the same criticisms (even more so maybe) because he has got 2 LBs avaliable to pick from as well. Yes they arent perfect but fuck me, surely Emerson or even Alonso has to play ahead of a RB at LB or are they really that bad (know Alonso isnt everyones cup of tea and would fit that category)? I mean having 2 RBs and 2 LBs but continously lining up with 2 RBs is absolutely baffling. If it was working maybe then it would make sense but it isnt. Or is Reece James and Azpilicueta that good that he needs to play both every week? Not convinced entirely. If he wants to play both he has to go for a 343. Simple as that.
The Problem is Azpi being our Captain. If he was not our Captain, he would have been benched for good

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

The Problem is Azpi being our Captain. If he was not our Captain, he would have been benched for good

And let me guess, Reece James error v West Ham and performances in the last few games mean nothing in the grand scale of things? We all knew he was a very good young player, who can make the grade for sure but I seen people saying he was better than Wan Bissaka on here before he had even kicked a ball in the PL.... if Azpi is struggling play James and if James is struggling play Azpi... even if their both struggling just play one of them and not both....

Regardless, Frank needs to play 1 RB and 1 LB. The fact he sees fit to play 2 RBs in the same backline for me means that both Emerson and Alonso are either definitely not good enough or theres something else entirely going on. 

Being a transitional season, I guess mistakes are allowed, at least it is how I see it. If this is the best season to introduce the young players then it's also, let's say, the season where, in theory, Frank and the guys get a free pass for their mistakes. 

And the truth is Frank must learn from matches like this and the one v West Ham. Two awful sides, I mean we've lost six points to two absolutely dreadful sides. I mean they showed a stat live on TV in the 42nd or 43rd minute today, Everton had like 90 passes to Chelsea's 350 or even more. 90 fucking touches at home and we lose to fucking Iwobi, Walcott, Schneiderlin and a Keane - Holgate pairing at the back. 

This and the West Ham matches should be of reference for Lamps, we simply must beat these shite sides, or at least sides that are in this kind of dreadful form. West Ham's last win was in August, Everton were on a three game losing streak, both were playing dross football and won against Chelsea. It's just not good enough.