• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

48 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The lack of good support is a big problem and getting bigger. There was one lad near me who only got really loud when he was yelling at the Valencia fans to stop singing. I hope the irony of that dawned on him at some point. I honestly think Stamford Bridge has no clue how to support a football team and I for one have no idea how to fix it.

I've been saying this for years mate.stamford Bridge is like a fucking mausoleum.

There's more atmosphere in Brompton Cemetery, it's fucking embarrassing.

Last night again, it was almost silent, why? I just don't know, it's always been the same, although not as bad as nowaday's

Other than the shed end there's virtually nothing  and there's not too much from there.

It must be so disheartening for the players, when you get something like 600 away supporters making more noise than 40,000.

We'll never get the glory hunters to support the team vocally:middlefinger:

6 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

I've been saying this for years mate.stamford Bridge is like a fucking mausoleum.

There's more atmosphere in Brompton Cemetery, it's fucking embarrassing.

Last night again, it was almost silent, why? I just don't know, it's always been the same, although not as bad as nowaday's

Other than the shed end there's virtually nothing  and there's not too much from there.

It must be so disheartening for the players, when you get something like 600 away supporters making more noise than 40,000.

We'll never get the glory hunters to support the team vocally:middlefinger:

Have to agree it's pretty dire at home sometimes. Though it could be said it's a wider issue for English major clubs at home ie You can hear the players shouting at each other at the Theatre of Shit, and same at Etihad. I think it has to do with ticket allocation, SB is on the itinerary with Tower of London, Madame Tussauds etc for quite a few tourists.

Completely different when I go away, we have the most vocal fans out there, singing for the full 90, and always with humour.

The lack of good support is a big problem and getting bigger. There was one lad near me who only got really loud when he was yelling at the Valencia fans to stop singing. I hope the irony of that dawned on him at some point. I honestly think Stamford Bridge has no clue how to support a football team and I for one have no idea how to fix it.

At the same time, this idea is promoting a type of elitism when it comes to the way people support a team. I'm not defending that guy, that seems a bit weird. But you are implying good support is loud support. Or singing type support.

That sort of support isn't everyone's thing. I for one am the type of supporter that goes to games, sits, analyzes, and enjoys the football of it. I don't scream or chant much. I don't sing, etc. That's just not my style. Does that make it worse? Nope. I'm just as much of a supporter.

I get that have a loud stadium of fans is beneficial, but that type of support isn't better than other.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Did we watch the same game.. they barely put a foot wrong all match.... as u said at end but even Alonso in the 2 games hes played since Emerson's injury has been decent enough despite his flaws.

Internal issues or not Valencia have got good players and showed good fight last night as well as being threatening on the counter. If anyone thought we would of beat then with ridiculous ease then that is extremely arrogant considering how we drew with Sheffield and Leicester.

They are simply not good enough. They completely stall our attack instead of doing team combinations to open up the defence. Thats why even the greenest of our youth proves to be more succesful because even they know the basics of passing, team work, movement and attacking creativity. We look very lively this season, except for the moments when Pedro and Willian play when we suddenly become narrow thanks to those two demanding and holding the ball all the time and do fuck all with it.

Pedro, Willian believe to be the players that can do it alone ala Hazard except they arent anywhere near that quality to lead a team, nevermind a CL team. And in another thread I even praised Willian for ok performance, but if Willians good performance results in no goals, no assist, no created chances, a PK dispute with Barkley and a massive fuck up when he should of passed the ball...yes its time for him to be permamently on the bench.

Meanwhile Alonso is just too slow. 

Valencia is good but they had silent fight with the board and coach for ditching the ex coach whole week. Barcelona rattled them with 5 goals and that was no freak barca night, it was just valencia being this poor. We honesty should have won, no one was saying it will be easy or that we should have won by 3 at least. But a win was nearly mandatory in current situation. 

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

They are simply not good enough. They completely stall our attack instead of doing team combinations to open up the defence. Thats why even the greenest of our youth proves to be more succesful because even they know the basics of passing, team work, movement and attacking creativity. We look very lively this season, except for the moments when Pedro and Willian play when we suddenly become narrow thanks to those two demanding and holding the ball all the time and do fuck all with it.

Pedro, Willian believe to be the players that can do it alone ala Hazard except they arent anywhere near that quality to lead a team, nevermind a CL team. And in another thread I even praised Willian for ok performance, but if Willians good performance results in no goals, no assist, no created chances, a PK dispute with Barkley and a massive fuck up when he should of passed the ball...yes its time for him to be permamently on the bench.

Meanwhile Alonso is just too slow. 

Valencia is good but they had silent fight with the board and coach for ditching the ex coach whole week. Barcelona rattled them with 5 goals and that was no freak barca night, it was just valencia being this poor. We honesty should have won, no one was saying it will be easy or that we should have won by 3 at least. But a win was nearly mandatory in current situation. 

Did we really watch the same game?

Firstly, we didnt utilize Alonso who was often the spare man on the left anywhere near enough in the first half and secondly, when we did start to, he put a few crosses in. Some didnt go past their defence some did but nobody was there. No idea what everyone expects crossing the ball in is always gonna be 50/50, 50% chance the balls good and 50% the strikers/players in the box make a run across the defenders to attack it. Azpilicueta did the same on the otherside... in fact his crossing was probably worse. 

Yes the young guys play with a bit of a buzz maybe but even then at times Mason, Tammy etc gave the ball away or played it too soon/too much in certain situations. Its a double ended sword, I suppose they get the benefit of the doubt (perhaps rightly so) as they are still learning but again you could say they could be more precise at times too. 

Willian along with Tomori was the best player on the park (Abraham, Kovacic and Jorginho also did more than enough I felt but those 2 played a lot better than everyone else) for us hands down so dont see why a penalty taking discussion is again blowing everything out of the water (will be talks of him being disruptive or a egotistic wanker next again like usual as a way to try and justify getting him out the door ASAP other than footballing ability which everyone knows he blows hot and cold, doesnt score enough goals or assist enough, isnt the best player but I am sick of hearing this attitude thing, the Conte thing was done and dusted and he definitely wasnt the only one who didnt like him, Luiz and Hazard particularly didnt in the 2nd season, was childish to do the photo thing but still ffs if we had not sacked Conte... Luiz, Willian and Hazard would have left purely for the reason he was there).

As I said after the game in this thread, missing a penalty isnt why we lost the game and sooner people get that into their minds the better. Yes we could of salvaged a draw from it but we should have been more clinical when we were on top and then we concede a truely awful goal from a set piece again (which organisation from set plays is definitely down to the coaching side of it at training as well as organising it on the pitch). Also not subbing Pulisic on for Mount was almost criminal I would say. We needed raw pace and ability in 1 v 1s to open up space like Willian did. Pedros better running in behind but Valencia sat deep and didnt give us that space at times.

You don't have to score or assist to play well. Yes they help but how many times have we seen players play shit but still score or assist over the years? Willians general play (okay that chance he had to pass he should have) opened up the game for us to get running at the Valencia backline. It was unfortunate Mount got injured and Pedro had to come in but in the minutes he played he didnt exactly do anything outstanding either, although he probably would of grown into the match as he looked to be getting more involved before that tackle.

How many times have we seen here changing managers yielding results? Yes Barca pumped them but ffs Barcelona playing pish or not have got geniune world class players in a lot of positions. Its not relatable to here where the only true one we have was out injured. What happens in a boardroom doesnt always directly affect what happens on the pitch, Valencia have got some very good players who showed it last night.  Rodrigo, Gamerio, Kondogbia, Gaya, Garay, Cillessen, Pajero, not to mention Torres and Guedes who didnt start. The game in Spain will be very very tough. Particularly because we cannot keep clean sheets to save our lives and if thats the case come that game then they will be very confident of getting a few goals at home.

Regardless for all Willians faults, Id love to have seen if we didnt start or play him at all last night. He was the man who in the attacking third did the most alongside Abraham.

Also on Alonso, slow or not, he was steady. Yeah thats not always enough but what do yous want Frank to do? Give Ashley Cole a fucking contract? Pull a 16 y/o from the u23s? At home v Valencia? Get real folks. If Emersons injured then thats it tough shit, he has to play what he has avaliable. 

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Have to agree it's pretty dire at home sometimes. Though it could be said it's a wider issue for English major clubs at home ie You can hear the players shouting at each other at the Theatre of Shit, and same at Etihad. I think it has to do with ticket allocation, SB is on the itinerary with Tower of London, Madame Tussauds etc for quite a few tourists.

Completely different when I go away, we have the most vocal fans out there, singing for the full 90, and always with humour.

Problem is again pricing. Not so much yesterday cause cheaper and all but 60/70 quid!! Stupid money. Think sometimes as well sound doesn't always carry round. Parts of the Shed yesterday weren't to bad bad. More vocal after Valencia scored though. 

In European games think the away side are always the loudest. Even if a few or them always singing bouncing but that seems to be their thing. Apart from songs we're a lot more reserved in that sense. 

Valencia has a very different style of play (and tempo) than what our young folks are used to in the PL. That’s why frank may have opted for the more experienced players. Tho pulisic has played quite a few CL matches afaik.

this will happen and they will struggle and learn from these experiences. Pretty crazy that some folks don’t get that Pedro and willian are more used to these different styles and conditions than a young player who only played championship until this season.

Alonso free-kicks and willian runs were pretty much the best we had. Alonso was also good defensively and passing. Wingback really seems to help his game.

Folks don’t value set pieces around here for some strange reason, but our opponents don’t care. Tammy lost his player and that player scored. It happens and they are learning, but that’s how it’s going to be with young players.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Did we really watch the same game?

Firstly, we didnt utilize Alonso who was often the spare man on the left anywhere near enough in the first half and secondly, when we did start to, he put a few crosses in. Some didnt go past their defence some did but nobody was there. No idea what everyone expects crossing the ball in is always gonna be 50/50, 50% chance the balls good and 50% the strikers/players in the box make a run across the defenders to attack it. Azpilicueta did the same on the otherside... in fact his crossing was probably worse. 

Yes the young guys play with a bit of a buzz maybe but even then at times Mason, Tammy etc gave the ball away or played it too soon/too much in certain situations. Its a double ended sword, I suppose they get the benefit of the doubt (perhaps rightly so) as they are still learning but again you could say they could be more precise at times too. 

Willian along with Tomori was the best player on the park (Abraham, Kovacic and Jorginho also did more than enough I felt but those 2 played a lot better than everyone else) for us hands down so dont see why a penalty taking discussion is again blowing everything out of the water (will be talks of him being disruptive or a egotistic wanker next again like usual as a way to try and justify getting him out the door ASAP other than footballing ability which everyone knows he blows hot and cold, doesnt score enough goals or assist enough, isnt the best player but I am sick of hearing this attitude thing, the Conte thing was done and dusted and he definitely wasnt the only one who didnt like him, Luiz and Hazard particularly didnt in the 2nd season, was childish to do the photo thing but still ffs if we had not sacked Conte... Luiz, Willian and Hazard would have left purely for the reason he was there).

As I said after the game in this thread, missing a penalty isnt why we lost the game and sooner people get that into their minds the better. Yes we could of salvaged a draw from it but we should have been more clinical when we were on top and then we concede a truely awful goal from a set piece again (which organisation from set plays is definitely down to the coaching side of it at training as well as organising it on the pitch). Also not subbing Pulisic on for Mount was almost criminal I would say. We needed raw pace and ability in 1 v 1s to open up space like Willian did. Pedros better running in behind but Valencia sat deep and didnt give us that space at times.

You don't have to score or assist to play well. Yes they help but how many times have we seen players play shit but still score or assist over the years? Willians general play (okay that chance he had to pass he should have) opened up the game for us to get running at the Valencia backline. It was unfortunate Mount got injured and Pedro had to come in but in the minutes he played he didnt exactly do anything outstanding either, although he probably would of grown into the match as he looked to be getting more involved before that tackle.

How many times have we seen here changing managers yielding results? Yes Barca pumped them but ffs Barcelona playing pish or not have got geniune world class players in a lot of positions. Its not relatable to here where the only true one we have was out injured. What happens in a boardroom doesnt always directly affect what happens on the pitch, Valencia have got some very good players who showed it last night.  Rodrigo, Gamerio, Kondogbia, Gaya, Garay, Cillessen, Pajero, not to mention Torres and Guedes who didnt start. The game in Spain will be very very tough. Particularly because we cannot keep clean sheets to save our lives and if thats the case come that game then they will be very confident of getting a few goals at home.

Regardless for all Willians faults, Id love to have seen if we didnt start or play him at all last night. He was the man who in the attacking third did the most alongside Abraham.

Also on Alonso, slow or not, he was steady. Yeah thats not always enough but what do yous want Frank to do? Give Ashley Cole a fucking contract? Pull a 16 y/o from the u23s? At home v Valencia? Get real folks. If Emersons injured then thats it tough shit, he has to play what he has avaliable. 

Obviously Willian, Pedro and Alonso will play when others are injured. No one is blaming Frank for picking these players or saying they should not play.

All Im saying is that this lot is shit. Past it. Not good enough for this club. Willian with best game in a long time, Alonso with decent game. Thats for their standards though. But what have they done with that good performance? We couldnt even score one shitty goal. 

Its clear as day and night when Emerson, Pulisic, Mount etc play and when this crap plays. We score and create for fun at the least. Defence is shit in either way tho.

2 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Problem is again pricing. Not so much yesterday cause cheaper and all but 60/70 quid!! Stupid money. Think sometimes as well sound doesn't always carry round. Parts of the Shed yesterday weren't to bad bad. More vocal after Valencia scored though. 

In European games think the away side are always the loudest. Even if a few or them always singing bouncing but that seems to be their thing. Apart from songs we're a lot more reserved in that sense. 

That's true TV never does the sound justice, due to positioning of microphones etc. And agree about the European fans coming here. They've been in Piccadilly, Charing Cross drinking and singing and our police leave them alone, so when they get to SB they're still loud and buoyant.  Groups of rowdy drinking Chelsea fans abroad get battered by foreign cops because of the English reputation.

12 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

That's true TV never does the sound justice, due to positioning of microphones etc. And agree about the European fans coming here. They've been in Piccadilly, Charing Cross drinking and singing and our police leave them alone, so when they get to SB they're still loud and buoyant.  Groups of rowdy drinking Chelsea fans abroad get battered by foreign cops because of the English reputation.

Exactly. They don't care. Us lot shout and swear they have the time of their lives in sync! 

Do sometimes end up watching the away crowd if the games crap. Not so much yesterday but especially during Europa. Then they wacked out the flares that time lol. 

Least not so much the Bridge anymore. All about money money look at me I'm at Stamford Bridge aren't I fab let's film everything!!! 

I don't get halftime though.. Teeny tiny scores! Maybe cause champions league thing unless that's how it's been this season. 

16 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Exactly. They don't care. Us lot shout and swear they have the time of their lives in sync! 

Do sometimes end up watching the away crowd if the games crap. Not so much yesterday but especially during Europa. Then they wacked out the flares that time lol. 

Least not so much the Bridge anymore. All about money money look at me I'm at Stamford Bridge aren't I fab let's film everything!!! 

I don't get halftime though.. Teeny tiny scores! Maybe cause champions league thing unless that's how it's been this season. 

Shame about the result - but as long as you enjoyed yerself ! Did your mum go too ?

32 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Shame about the result - but as long as you enjoyed yerself ! Did your mum go too ?

Yeah poor soul haha. She thought she was done with her Stamford Bridge days! Yeah result was crap but rest not so bad. Gutted to not be going Sunday.. Halftime is gana be funny. My poor cousin lol

10 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Obviously Willian, Pedro and Alonso will play when others are injured. No one is blaming Frank for picking these players or saying they should not play.

All Im saying is that this lot is shit. Past it. Not good enough for this club. Willian with best game in a long time, Alonso with decent game. Thats for their standards though. But what have they done with that good performance? We couldnt even score one shitty goal. 

Its clear as day and night when Emerson, Pulisic, Mount etc play and when this crap plays. We score and create for fun at the least. Defence is shit in either way tho.

wow! What a simplistic view of the game. Sounds like faith-based as you have to pretty much ignore the realities all around you - including the opposition.

Starting to think we should field the u21 instead! They will definitely dominate in CL... Pulisic? Sure he's going to be a good player some day, he hasn't done shit yet. :rolleyes: Today I was watching men influence tough CL matches. No place for fucking teenagers.

Our best player, by far, is 28yo Kante. Not Tammy, who struggled today, nor Mount. Much less Pulisic or CHO.

Regarding your comment about defending, I've got a simple one for you: how many of our players were "defending" when Valencia scored from the set piece? I hope you don't think it's only the defenders, who according to you are shit. 

7 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Last time Emerson, Puli and Mount played was against Sheffield I think, I don't think we created chances for fun. In fact in 2nd half we were dominated by Sheffield united. 

I can see Pulisic struggle playing 343 in this team. 

13 hours ago, Jason said:

I have no idea why you keep talking about merit when it's not even the point but let's get this straight. I have no issues with Mount starting. He's been playing well and he deserves it.

I just have problems if we become heavily reliant on a player again. We didn't like it when we relied solely on Hazard. So if it happens again, then it's not ideal for us to say the least. 

OR had Pedro not put in a stinker of a performance. He actually started the season well before the injury derailed him. 

I think like you said, do we depend on Mount? A bit I think. 

We basically need somebody to partner with Tammy. The problem with Pedro, Puli and willian is that they need to develop partnership with Tammy. I don't think they have played enough games with each other. 

11 hours ago, Robchels said:

wow! What a simplistic view of the game. Sounds like faith-based as you have to pretty much ignore the realities all around you - including the opposition.

Starting to think we should field the u21 instead! They will definitely dominate in CL... Pulisic? Sure he's going to be a good player some day, he hasn't done shit yet. :rolleyes: Today I was watching men influence tough CL matches. No place for fucking teenagers.

Our best player, by far, is 28yo Kante. Not Tammy, who struggled today, nor Mount. Much less Pulisic or CHO.

Regarding your comment about defending, I've got a simple one for you: how many of our players were "defending" when Valencia scored from the set piece? I hope you don't think it's only the defenders, who according to you are shit. 

Age is just a number mate. If you are good enough you are good enough or did people forget Ajax, Borussia etc? 

Its pretty obvious our youth is more productive and creative compared to some senior players.

Btw did you not see we fielded many "men" as you say it and still lost to Valencia? Shouldnt Willian or Pedro who are men take responsibility and win the match? I mean thats what you implied. This bullshit that we need to field experienced players because its a tough game is plain crap and only comes out when we lose a game. Everyone thought we were more than capable when we fielded younger team vs Liverpool. But sure they are suddenly not good enough for Valencia while the likes of Pedro, Willian and Alonso are...

We could have 18yo Messi here and people would still be like but Willian has more experience...

No one is saying we should field our u21. We fielded some of senior players because there were injuries and we didnt have anyone else. But the point stands that some of them are shite and u21 players perform better.

Who is even talking about Kante? He is quality player. Age has nothing to do with it. If you are good you are good and it can be 18yo or 34. 

And when I said defence, I meant the entire team, not just defenders.

6 hours ago, communicate said:

Last time Emerson, Puli and Mount played was against Sheffield I think, I don't think we created chances for fun. In fact in 2nd half we were dominated by Sheffield united. 

I can see Pulisic struggle playing 343 in this team. 

First half was very good against Sheffield. We always drop down in the second, but at least we obliterated them in the first. 

Against Valencia it was the same old flat game once Mount went off. 

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

First half was very good against Sheffield. We always drop down in the second, but at least we obliterated them in the first. 

Against Valencia it was the same old flat game once Mount went off. 

I have to re-watch that game highlights just to clarify  because I vaguely remember Tammy scored two bizzare goals.

But honestly, I think the majority or maybe all of us prefer lamp to play Puli to Willian or Pedro who clearly don't have long future in our team. 

However like in any team it come down to how the team is currently setup. Currently we have Azpi playing wb. I did not watch our game against Valencia but against wolves, Willian ability to bring the ball forward and run at opp was one of the key for our offense.  Although I rate Pulisic ball carrying ability but he is not at Willian level.