• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:

This isn't a Solskjaer case; Lamps made things clear, so Willian/Joringho were the only ones in the wrong.

Why can't people grasp that instead of coming up with their own theories.

Lampard thinks he's the best candidate?

First choice PK taker isn't some sort of holy grail. Salah is Liverpool's best player, yet, he plays second fiddle to Milner in that situation.

To Jorginho's credit, he didn't push Barkley or hover around. He just shook Barkley's hands and wished him.

Willian though....

34 minutes ago, Strike said:

Why ? He couldn't sign new players

Do you think I’m not aware of that? My point is, I do not want us to be a one man team! If we are going to fall to pieces when someone is out, which the initial post seemed to suggest, then we are fucked.

Being a transitional season makes me more relaxed watching (and enjoying) matches so I don't really care about the results, still it's a bit hard for me to understand why would Barkley be put on penalty duties, if indeed it was the coaching staff's decision when he's been average for some time and not even playing as a regular. On top of that there was Jorginho who has not missed a pen, Abraham was also on a hot streak and even Willian who has played well v Wolves and last night. 

If it was me I'd have given it to Tammy to continue his streak, I know maybe Barkley needs some confidence, but Tammy to keep the streak going was more important at least in my view. 

Why does Frank bring on Giroud when we need a goal and Michy when we're trying to see it out? Should be the other way round.

Pedro and Willian, like it or not we will need the experience this season with every one around them being so young but never should they be on the pitch together at the same time. Add Azpi as wingback to the equation and it's an absolute eyesore.

Funnily enough this was the type of game people moaned about seeing under Sarri, controlled it for the most part but struggled creating anything serious and got sucker punched. At this stage of our process this is a type of result that can happen, it's not like the Sheffield match that shouldn't have happened under any circumstances.

Mount doesn't look too bad luckily because from my seat my first instinct was he done his ligaments at best. We need to try and work out why our young players keep getting injured and try and minimize it, last thing we want is this generation to be in and out of the team all the time.

10 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Valencia is having huge internat issues and we couldnt take advantage of that at home. We realy should have won because I guess it will only be harder away in Valencia and Ajax will give us run for money.

Also its blatant how bad Pedro, Willian, Alonso...etc are. Nowhere near the top anymore. Being completely overshadowed by our younger players and basicaly any decent player in good european clubs.

I just hope we put all our eggs into youth basket because althrough thats a risk, they still provide more than our "experienced" players. They are that shit.

Willy had a nice game though, but that means he will suck in next 5 or so and he didnt even get a goal or anything. 

Did we watch the same game.. they barely put a foot wrong all match.... as u said at end but even Alonso in the 2 games hes played since Emerson's injury has been decent enough despite his flaws.

Internal issues or not Valencia have got good players and showed good fight last night as well as being threatening on the counter. If anyone thought we would of beat then with ridiculous ease then that is extremely arrogant considering how we drew with Sheffield and Leicester.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Did we watch the same game.. they barely put a foot wrong all match.... as u said at end but even Alonso in the 2 games hes played since Emerson's injury has been decent enough despite his flaws.

At this point - not putting a foot wrong isn't enough. Need to press and hurry mistakes out of the opponent, create passing moves through the middle and not just go from side to side and stick a cross. 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Do you think I’m not aware of that? My point is, I do not want us to be a one man team! If we are going to fall to pieces when someone is out, which the initial post seemed to suggest, then we are fucked.

Mount is playing on merit. But this talk of a one-man team would not be taking place now if it was not for Pedro coming on. Pedro and Willian together in attack is a disaster. 

To Jorginho's credit, he didn't push Barkley or hover around. He just shook Barkley's hands and wished him.

Willian though....

I did mention Joringho encouraging Barkley prior to taking it. Willian had no place to say anything and it ultimately had a negative effect.

Willian knew that decision fucked us.

He just wanted the glory for himself

15 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Alonso and Willian and Azpi have but solid tonight. I was expecting a drew with 8 players missing and we would take it but Barkley is brainless idiot. 

mount's injury didn't help 

“We've got a lot of good penalty-takers in the squad,” said Barkley. “On a sheet in the changing room, it says I'm on penalties when I'm on the pitch, otherwise it's Jorginho.”

“All players feel confident of taking penalties, but we can all miss them. It's more ‘good luck with the penalty’ type of thing, encouraging me. They would have been willing to take it as well, but I felt confident.

“They were just encouraging me, encouraging me to score the goal. They are confident of taking penalties as well, but I take penalties every day. I don't miss them in training and in pre-season I was scoring penalties. I've missed penalties before, when I was at Everton. I'm gutted I missed, but these things happen.”

Willian, though, confirmed that he wanted to take the penalty, despite not being number one or number two on Lampard’s list, by saying: “I wanted to take it but he (Barkley) was confident to take it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/09/18/ross-barkley-says-right-take-valencia-penalty-willian-admits/

Lampard already showed some balls by saying goodbye to Luiz who did not respect decisions. Time to repeat that with Willian.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/09/18/ross-barkley-says-right-take-valencia-penalty-willian-admits/ Lampard already showed some balls by saying goodbye to Luiz who did not respect decisions. Time to repeat that with Willian.

Lampard is lying, though. [emoji52]

I don't get how much proof some people need.

14 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Just a terrible night there's absolutely no positives to be had. The crowd was flat, that cunt's assault on Mount, Aspi and Alonso pathetic crossing the debacle with the penalty. For fucks sake we all now Jorgie is our penalty taker why the fuck Barkley took the ball like a petulant schoolboy in the playground was fucking ridiculous. If someone mentions transition I'm going to go fucking mental this was a game against a team apparently in turmoil well they looked pretty professional to me.

The lack of good support is a big problem and getting bigger. There was one lad near me who only got really loud when he was yelling at the Valencia fans to stop singing. I hope the irony of that dawned on him at some point. I honestly think Stamford Bridge has no clue how to support a football team and I for one have no idea how to fix it.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Mount is playing on merit.

I have no idea why you keep talking about merit when it's not even the point but let's get this straight. I have no issues with Mount starting. He's been playing well and he deserves it.

I just have problems if we become heavily reliant on a player again. We didn't like it when we relied solely on Hazard. So if it happens again, then it's not ideal for us to say the least. 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

But this talk of a one-man team would not be taking place now if it was not for Pedro coming on. Pedro and Willian together in attack is a disaster. 

OR had Pedro not put in a stinker of a performance. He actually started the season well before the injury derailed him.