• Willian (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The 'never won anything' is a lazy comment to throw at him. He's had 3 years at Napoli and the rest of his jobs have been with small clubs. Every manager starts somewhere without winning anything and needs a chance offered to them. 

I didn't expect us to suddenly be gunning for the league but take away a couple of these shocking results and we'd be comfortable in the top 4 or maybe even top 3. I'd have taken that at the start of the season, and on the face of things our league position still isn't horrendous and we're right in the top 4 race. But the football is what is the problem at the moment. Whether its the manager's style in this league or the players he has at his disposal not suiting it, or both.

And one point we were up there! Then we lost to Spurs and it all gone a bit downhill. 12 ahead of Man U now 2...Arsenal we're now level with. All over a few months as well. 

I don't think we'll finish in the top 4 race and unless we buy in summer it'll be pointless as be right back in Europa after the groups. Unless things click. For real