Christian Pulisic

the wes

Jesus talk about jumping the gun. He has struggled to stay fit for periods yes but he is quality and will get that break eventually. Bayern stuck by both Robben and Ribery who missed a lot of football over the years and they reaped the rewards because they were quality players. Even Thiago at times would be out with wee niggling injuries every now and then since going there. Again did they sell him because of it? No.

You’d think his career was over at the top level reading this thread at times [emoji1787] it is frustrating but its not unsolvable. Once he gets fit and is back flying again he will be our most influential attacking player again.

Who said anything about selling him? Bayern got different wingers over the years that competed with Robbery. Who do you think was playing when they constantly were injured? lol. We should do the same get someone that would compete with Pulisic IF he constantly gets injured this whole season. We can't keep Werner on the left or rely on young CHO. 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn KB2003 met Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Azul said:

Who said anything about selling him? Bayern got different wingers over the years that competed with Robbery. Who do you think was playing when they constantly were injured? lol. We should do the same get someone that would compete with Pulisic IF he constantly gets injured this whole season. We can't keep Werner on the left or rely on young CHO. 

Why can't we keep Werner on the left or rely on cho? 

Werner has produced number on the lefr and in general our team look better with tammy as no 9

Why can't we keep Werner on the left or rely on cho? 
Werner has produced number on the lefr and in general our team look better with tammy as no 9
In my opinion Werner is being wasted on the left since he is not a natural winger. That's why most of his goals come from central area's. Whenever he's on the wing you can tell that he does not have the ability to produce accurate crosses or create chances for that matter.

I feel like he would be much better as a striker. That's why we need Pulisic to be fit to be honest. Tammy is good but he hasn't proven to me that he's starter material yet. Remember our goal will be to mount a title challenge, is Tammy good enough for a side that has such aspirations? Time will tell. Same goes for CHO.

32 minutes ago, Azul said:

In my opinion Werner is being wasted on the left since he is not a natural winger. That's why most of his goals come from central area's. Whenever he's on the wing you can tell that he does not have the ability to produce accurate crosses or create chances for that matter.

I feel like he would be much better as a striker. That's why we need Pulisic to be fit to be honest. Tammy is good but he hasn't proven to me that he's starter material yet. Remember our goal will be to mount a title challenge, is Tammy good enough for a side that has such aspirations? Time will tell. Same goes for CHO.

Werner is better in the middle but the team is better with a tammy in the middle. It does not matter if Werner goal come from central area, he can make those run to the middle form lef5 wing. And yes tammy is good enough as a cf for title winning team.

The most important thing is how to get the best out of the team and yes sometimes it mean getting the best of one player like what we did with Hazard but most of the time, it is about getting the best of combination of multiple players. 

5 hours ago, communicate said:

Werner is better in the middle but the team is better with a tammy in the middle. It does not matter if Werner goal come from central area, he can make those run to the middle form lef5 wing. And yes tammy is good enough as a cf for title winning team.

That last bit about Abraham is not proven so until we actually win the title or at the very least, challenge for the title with him leading the line. He also needs to prove as well that he can be consistent at the highest level week in week out. Last season, his form fell off the cliff after the first few months and we didn't even challenge for the title, although admittedly, he was overplayed.

Also, how sure are we that the team is only better when Abraham plays through the middle? How many games has Werner been used through the middle? He played there against Southampton and did well. He played there against Sevilla and at Man United but we set up to get a draw or were too defensive. And he hasn't been used through the middle since we switched to this 4-3-3, apart from the last 20 minutes at Krasnodar. 

It's also worth mentioning that we didn't buy Werner just to stick him out of the left every time and I don't think we'll play with 2 strikers unless we play a back 3. We need to avoid pigeonholing Werner as someone who only shines when there is space to run into. He has developed his game in the last 1-2 years - and is improving - to get more involved in buildup plays, dropping deep to link up the play, to create opportunities for others etc. 

9 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Jesus talk about jumping the gun.

He has struggled to stay fit for periods yes but he is quality and will get that break eventually. Bayern stuck by both Robben and Ribery who missed a lot of football over the years and they reaped the rewards because they were quality players. Even Thiago at times would be out with wee niggling injuries every now and then since going there. Again did they sell him because of it? No.

You’d think his career was over at the top level reading this thread at times 🤣 it is frustrating but its not unsolvable. Once he gets fit and is back flying again he will be our most influential attacking player again.

What is silly is that people jumping on Pulisic's back like it's his fault that he keeps on getting injured. Am sure no one is more frustrated about the injuries than himself and he certainly didn't ask for this dodgy physical condition. 

What is silly is that people jumping on Pulisic's back like it's his fault that he keeps on getting injured. Am sure no one is more frustrated about the injuries than himself and he certainly didn't ask for this dodgy physical condition. 
And it is not Lampard's fault either like many of you guys claim.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Jason said:

That last bit about Abraham is not proven so until we actually win the title or at the very least, challenge for the title with him leading the line. He also needs to prove as well that he can be consistent at the highest level week in week out. Last season, his form fell off the cliff after the first few months and we didn't even challenge for the title, although admittedly, he was overplayed.

Also, how sure are we that the team is only better when Abraham plays through the middle? How many games has Werner been used through the middle? He played there against Southampton and did well. He played there against Sevilla and at Man United but we set up to get a draw or were too defensive. And he hasn't been used through the middle since we switched to this 4-3-3, apart from the last 20 minutes at Krasnodar. 

It's also worth mentioning that we didn't buy Werner just to stick him out of the left every time and I don't think we'll play with 2 strikers unless we play a back 3. We need to avoid pigeonholing Werner as someone who only shines when there is space to run into. He has developed his game in the last 1-2 years - and is improving - to get more involved in buildup plays, dropping deep to link up the play, to create opportunities for others etc. 

It's not pigeonholing player, it is about asking player to do less what he is bad at. I don't understand why you want Werner to fail. 

Werner has been very good for us running behind both from middle and the left. Yet you want him to do less of that, but more of back to goal work where you have player in Tammy and Giroud that are far superior at that role available. 

1 hour ago, communicate said:

It's not pigeonholing player, it is about asking player to do less what he is bad at. I don't understand why you want Werner to fail. 

Me, of all people, wanting Werner to fail? :lol::lol::lol: 

1 hour ago, communicate said:

Werner has been very good for us running behind both from middle and the left. Yet you want him to do less of that, but more of back to goal work where you have player in Tammy and Giroud that are far superior at that role available. 

You talked as if Abraham doesn't make forward runs. You talked as if Abraham hasn't been among the goals himself this season. 

You're definitely pigeonholing or thinking too small if you believe the striker should be all about back to goal stuff. It is an option to have someone who can do that but it doesn't necessarily have to be permanent thing and how many of the other top sides around Europe even play that way with a tall, physical striker who does the back to goal work? 

Lampard on Pulisic's injury problem...

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/chelsea/story/4238558/chelsea-still-searching-for-pulisic-injury-solution-lampard

"With Christian, we are still searching [for an answer]," Lampard told a news conference on Thursday. "He is in a position at the moment where as I said he's had a problematic injury and I think it is normal.

"Not every player is different. I think Christian had an issue before coming to us, some muscular injuries. He's had them again. Everything about Christian, how he is around the training ground, how he prepares, how much he wants to play, is perfect.

"So we need to try and find the right balance between playing, resting and maintenance during the week to try and get the best out of him. He is a young player still. It is not abnormal.

"We will find a solution and I don't want to make more of it than it is because we want as many games of Christian as we can possibly get because of his ability. But at the minute, he's injured so in the short-term it is a work in progress. But we have a great medical team here and we are very much joined up on the idea of getting the best of Christian by getting him fit as much as we can."

21 hours ago, Azul said:

Werner, Hudson Odoi, Ziyech, Havertz are all able to play any of those winger roles really. If it comes to it Mount as well. Not as if we need to overcrowd that area even more the depth is already pretty decent. More so we have bigger issues, Thiago Silva is 36 and will need a long term successor at his level if we are to make strides in the longrun as a team. CHO is young and still will get more consistent, hes like 20 hardly as if hes 27, so he will come consistent - the talent is clear to see. 

Bayern had wingers that weren’t of that level or used Thomas Muller/Mario Gotze. They signed younger players but they weren't the same level, not even close. Coman and Gnabry (who now has grown into a top player). Trust me we are okay for attacking midfielders/wingers. 

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Precisely.

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Me, of all people, wanting Werner to fail? :lol::lol::lol: 

You talked as if Abraham doesn't make forward runs. You talked as if Abraham hasn't been among the goals himself this season. 

You're definitely pigeonholing or thinking too small if you believe the striker should be all about back to goal stuff. It is an option to have someone who can do that but it doesn't necessarily have to be permanent thing and how many of the other top sides around Europe even play that way with a tall, physical striker who does the back to goal work? 

It is not about making 0 run behind. It is about playing with back to goal more. This is clearly Werner weakness. You don't want to throw him into the fire straight away, you want to ease him into it, and hopefully he can get better at it. Otherwise both the player and team will suffer. Lampard was kinda doing that by playing Havertz behind him, but Havertz back to goal play is also poor. 

It is kinda what klopp did with Salah albeit Werner case is more difficult. Klopp pretty much played salah as pure scoring machine when he came to pool. It worked wonder, then not sure who to give credit but Salah all around game has developed to the extent where he can be a creator also maybe not at wc level but at very2 good level. 

In epl maybe all of them kinda play with back to goal except Vardy. Although their responsibility is kinda different due to their skillset and player around him. 

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

lol at Vermont (Dele Alli) and South Dakota (Bonucci) and Hawai'i (Martial) wtf, random as fuck

Like with votes, Land doesn’t buy shirts. People do. I want New York, Texas and California to buy more Pulisic Shirts. He should go there campaigning while injured lol