• Pedro
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Moses (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

2 minutes ago, FabHazard said:

SMS costs more than 100M which we are never going to spend...Thiago will not come here anyway...Golovin is the only option who was available and would have come to chelsea...But our board decided not to buy....Golovin would be better than fabregas and barkley in this system..Lot of gaps that appeared today would have been covered by him

Spot on...but that is for the long term not the short term basis...games against lower opposition teams gains you points and ability to mount title challenge...thank God we are not gonna play only City or the other big teams throughout the season...what I am saying in essence is the lack of  fire power upfront we can get it right against the small teams and play them off the park similar to early preseason game but our inability to finish and the clown at the left back would be the greatest undoing of our season...

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Spot on...but that is for the long term not the short term basis...games against lower opposition teams gains you points and ability to mount title challenge...thank God we are not gonna play only City or the other big teams throughout the season...what I am saying in essence is the lack of  fire power upfront we can get it right against the small teams and play them off the park similar to early preseason game but our inability to finish and the clown at the left back would be the greatest undoing of our season...

I agree ....Morata should be replaced asap..It is way more important.....Lack of goals is a real concern

Anyone else notice how Alonso looked dead on his feet as though this was the end of a grueling season? He had the whole summer off, ffs, and the season hasn't even started. He looked shattered already.

What did you expect? A win versus City? At least we try to play our style but we will need one season of ups and downs... Look at City two seasons ago, they also had a lot of trouble to adapt with better players that are more suited to this style of football. 

We need Michy to step up and some creative midfielder would be nice. Fabregas is poor but we don't have to worry about him when Kante comes back. 

31 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

In Spain the richest clubs win, in Italy the richest club wins, In Germany the richest club wins, in France the richest club wins.

Elimination rounds are different, anything can happen in two games but over a long run in a league having a broader squad with more quality helps a lot. No one saying it is impossible for less spending clubs, but most of the time teams with the best squads win the leagues.

Some poor clubs make history but only for one season.
Leicester City, in Greece Doxa Drama of old and Larissa.
We need money.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Pedro is like...31? He hasn't been 'truly awesome' since his move to Chelsea. Had his moments, but that's where inconsistency comes in.

But Sarriball has exposed how bad these players are, real talk. We need a massive clearout. Badly.

Pedro was good for Barca, replaced by Suarez was n't he ?
Now he is getting too old.

Just now, Mana said:

Sarriball has exposed how bad these players are, real talk. We need a massive clearout. Badly.

I agree mate the likes of luiz fabregas Alonso cahill need to go 

Well, one big difference today is how often we were trying to play out from the back against City compared to last season where we would've just hoofed it away.  We also had a few decent passing triangles.

The optimist in me says, "At least we're trying."  

The realist in me says we did not look comfortable at all trying these tactics against a tough opponent today and got run off the pitch.

Hopefully once the season gets going... City aren't our rivals anyway at least so no shame in losing to them... Again.... 

Just so worrying that there is still gaps to fill and yet till next Thursday to do it! 

Good luck Sarri! Hopefully they'll realise he needs time and give it to him 

4 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Well I can't say I hate, it would be very harsh, but it's hard not to dislike the Americans when they open their mouth on things related to this sport. Same goes for Chinese etc. and every other nation, bar Europeans and South Americans. 

This was dissapointing? Oh give me a fucking break will you? Few weeks in charge and a couple of pre season matches with a new manager playing a totally expansive football and you'd expect Chelsea after not even one month with Sarri at helm to go out there and have no problems against one of Europe's best teams with Guardiola entering in his 3rd season there? Of course they look comfortable after two full seasons under world's best manager. 

Sarri's game is not only 'Ok I have come to the club in three weeks we'll be playing City out of the park and instantly become title favourites' lol... He needs a lot of time to implement all his ideas and me personally I saw a lot of positives starting with how good we looked playing out from the back to the way we pressed high up the pitch and Sarri was not afraid to play his tactics in his first match in England. Maybe it was better with Mourinho's totally non existent pressing and also non existent build up... Just saying. 

It's early days with Sarri and I am confident for the future. Chelsea had the courage to press very high on the pitch against a world class City team and never looked like donkeys when played out from defence. Also the difference in posession of the ball was very small and we matched City in the number of total passes. Passing accuracy was very good also, 87% to City's 90%, so all of these stats are total improvements for me. 

Problems in the final 3rd but this is going to be fixed when the team gels and gets some wins in a row and confidence. 

It's not about Sarri.
It's the squad that is made up of grannies.
If you ask Albert Einstein to teach maths to a class of dumpkoffs what would you expect ?

6 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

let sarri do his job, don't judge the squad in august. in october-november they will begin to undestand sarriball, that's a long process guys

I 'm afraid some of this "squad" are only good for the Swiss league, Young Boys, Aarau. Or for the Lichtenstein league.

13 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Well I can't say I hate, it would be very harsh, but it's hard not to dislike the Americans when they open their mouth on things related to this sport. Same goes for Chinese etc. and every other nation, bar Europeans and South Americans. 

This was dissapointing? Oh give me a fucking break will you? Few weeks in charge and a couple of pre season matches with a new manager playing a totally expansive football and you'd expect Chelsea after not even one month with Sarri at helm to go out there and have no problems against one of Europe's best teams with Guardiola entering in his 3rd season there? Of course they look comfortable after two full seasons under world's best manager. 

Sarri's game is not only 'Ok I have come to the club in three weeks we'll be playing City out of the park and instantly become title favourites' lol... He needs a lot of time to implement all his ideas and me personally I saw a lot of positives starting with how good we looked playing out from the back to the way we pressed high up the pitch and Sarri was not afraid to play his tactics in his first match in England. Maybe it was better with Mourinho's totally non existent pressing and also non existent build up... Just saying. 

It's early days with Sarri and I am confident for the future. Chelsea had the courage to press very high on the pitch against a world class City team and never looked like donkeys when played out from defence. Also the difference in posession of the ball was very small and we matched City in the number of total passes. Passing accuracy was very good also, 87% to City's 90%, so all of these stats are total improvements for me. 

Problems in the final 3rd but this is going to be fixed when the team gels and gets some wins in a row and confidence. 

Let's not pretend like there's not a ton of English fans saying stupid shit too... especially on Twitter.

13 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

It's not about Sarri.
It's the squad that is made up of grannies.
If you ask Albert Einstein to teach maths to a class of dumpkoffs what would you expect ?

It's so damn early mate to draw any conclusions on who is good and who is not to play this type of football. If by January we're 7th and struggling week in week out than fair enough, but not three weeks in Sarri's arrival here. This tactics and Sarri's extreme positional play, you don't learn this over night, IT TAKES TIME!!! City with better transfers and better squad, still struggled with Guardiola's tactics at first and ended up trophyless in hia first season! 

A few wins in a row and at least two months on the training pitch and we will see the beauty in Sarri's tactics. 

I'm asking myself if we had Kante, Hazard, and Courtois in there today would we have looked better. Yes, we would've looked better in midfield and we would've been harder to play through. Kante in place of Cesc would've made a real difference. Caballero kept the score from being humiliating so Tibo wouldn't have changed anything. Hazard would've pinned Walker back more.

But even with those 3 back Alonso is still a fish out of water in a back 4, Luiz would've still been spanked by Aguero, Morata is still soft as toilet paper, and we have no set 3rd midfielder.

These are things that could've been rectified had we dealt with the managerial situation quickly and were active in the market.

Tough Days ahead for our Club. Several years of buying at best average players (Hazard,Kante,Costa aside) are coming home too roost. A goalkeeper who doesn’t want to be here,no defence a extremely weak midfield and no strikers. It we finish in the top half it will be amazing. Cesc/Barkley/Drinkwater/ Baka/ Morata Luiz/ Rudiger let’s be honest are poor very poor. Too many burnt out has beens. I’ll always be a Chelsea fan but sometimes you have to accept we are in disarray Roman not aloud in the country Ground development now on hold, buying shit player and to make it worse that Scum from White Shit Lane seem to be getting there act together all very depressing