• Pedro
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Moses (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

1 minute ago, Muzchap said:

One player does not fix a broken club, team or philosophy- it's this mindset that has put us in this position.

We need to back the manager with a 3 year plan and overhaul the squad and youth teams to align with our footballing philosophy.

Simply signing a striker will ultimately change nothing and is painting over the abyss.

We need to sign a striker as we currently dont have one. How can you talk about multi-year plans when your squad lacks in one of the most important positions on the pitch? This is 2013/14 all over again and it could even be worse because the level of our rivals is far higher in 2018/19 than 2013/14

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One player does not fix a broken club, team or philosophy- it's this mindset that has put us in this position.

We need to back the manager with a 3 year plan and overhaul the squad and youth teams to align with our footballing philosophy.

Simply signing a striker will ultimately change nothing and is painting over the abyss.

City keeps buying best players. They spend every year 2 or 3 times as much as we do on net transfers. It is translated on the pitch.

1 minute ago, ZanSnake said:

Fact: You're making assertions based upon a game where we've made no presence in midfield or any support whatever.

Wrong, I'm making assertions based on a full season and preseason of watching a weak "fall on the floor" striker that  cant score with his feet, even if its a penalty.

Just now, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Cant believe how horrible Alonso is.While getting 90 minutes.

Can't believe Sarri of all coaches that prioritise Quick High intensity pressing game will just look Alonso for that huge amount of time on the pitch..

1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

Wrong, I'm making assertions based on a full season and preseason of watching a weak "fall on the floor" striker that  cant score with his feet, even if its a penalty.

With a new manager and a new approach.

Hell, Bats could become number one striker for what we know!

3 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Cant believe how horrible Alonso is.While getting 90 minutes.

I cannot wrap my head around how he's been fooling our managers to think he's a great player. We could have Marcelo in our team and Alonso will still start... Incredible

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

We need to sign a striker as we currently dont have one. How can you talk about multi-year plans when your squad lacks in one of the most important positions on the pitch? This is 2013/14 all over again and it could even be worse because the level of our rivals is far higher in 2018/19 than 2013/14

We have a few strikers and whilst none are FIFA legends- we never seem to utilise them to their strengths.

The manager needs to play players to identify his options and how they will work in his system. It's an evaluation. I can't see how you guys can't see that?

We might buy new players- but it needs to be done as part of a 3 year plan otherwise we are just shuffling sideways and never progressing forwards like the other clubs (City, Liverpool and sadly Spuds)... United are in Jose 3rd season meltdown 

1 minute ago, Mana said:

I don't think Liverpool were stronger without Coutinho. That's what Liverpool fans want you to believe. I believed that if they still had Coutinho, they could have won the CL.

Never not with Karius in between the sticks...City that had everything....have they won the CL

3 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

City keeps buying best players. They spend every year 2 or 3 times as much as we do on net transfers. It is translated on the pitch.

But they buy players to fit Peps philosophy and they don't go mental their transfer record is low - they always ensure they have a deep squad. Pep has learnt this about the EPL

one doesn't but 5-6 yes!
a decent GK instead of Caballero
Christiensen instead of luiz
emerson instead of Alonso
Kante and (maybe  SMS) instead of fabregas (and maybe barkley)
Martial  instead morata
hazard instead pedro and CHO on the right!
are 6/7 different players compared to today (with only 1 or 2 purchases)
so yes, we can improve and 1 buy can help a lot!

2 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

We have a few strikers and whilst none are FIFA legends- we never seem to utilise them to their strengths.

The manager needs to play players to identify his options and how they will work in his system. It's an evaluation. I can't see how you guys can't see that?

We might buy new players- but it needs to be done as part of a 3 year plan otherwise we are just shuffling sideways and never progressing forwards like the other clubs (City, Liverpool and sadly Spuds)... United are in Jose 3rd season meltdown 

3 Year plan Hazard, Courtois and Kante are gone. Some of you need to put down the football manager and be realistic. We're going to have to pay for the past transgressions of Mourinho and Conte whether you like it or not. 

1 minute ago, ZanSnake said:

With a new manager and a new approach.

Hell, Bats could become number one striker for what we know!

That alone could see us nick top four. Morata is not reliable enough to lead our attack, I'll be even willing to give Hazard or pedro a go in strike over Morata (like sarri did with mertens).