• Pedro
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Moses (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

Caballero: 6 

Not as bad as he usually is as a goal keeper. I actually think he is overrated with the ball at his feet. Takes too long to pass with multiple options and only slight pressure encourages him to boot it. Cannot be in the first 11. 

Azpi: 6

Questions marks starting to get raised. Offensively second best to Zappscosta. Defensively our best player. Not comfortable on the ball when pressed and played too many passes down the line that didn't work. More pressing issues than him. 

Rudiger: 5

Far too slow on the ball. Takes to long to make a decision and the attack is shit from the get go. Athletic enough to play a high line and is calm under pressure but consistently has focus issues. I blame him for Aguero's second. Switched off often. 

Luiz: 4

Makes decisions even slower than Rudiger. Attempts long balls too often. Defensively a shambles. This is not news. I hope he isn't in the first 11. 

Alonso: 5

Still can't defend but had some successful flashes of pressing the winger. Takes too long on the ball to make simply passes which put a others under pressure. Not suited to this football. 

Jorginho: 7

Apart from 1 or 2 mistakes he had a decent game. Good tackle on Sane to stop a break but was beaten a few times. The most comfortable and calm player on the ball. Keeps it ticking. 

Cesc: 3

Runs like a fat toddler. Still thinks it a good idea to press. Ends up just running out of the way. Not suited to this football. 

Barkley: 6

Not a CM. Probably never will be. Defensivley he is a shadow. But he is useful at beating a press with his dribbling. With the shoddy passing of this time his strength and dribbling will come in handy when put under inevitable pressure. 

Pedro: 5

Energised bunny than has zero upper  body strength. Off the ball movement is good. Rushes too often. Willian has a chance here. 

Morata: thankfully not a number 9

CHO: 7

Brave. Tried hard and was our most dangerous player in the first half. Keep going. 

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be good, maybe as an option, for look at the loan army players that are stuck here still and see there worth within the first team if there is no more signings. Piazon, Kalas, etc, could provide options. Not ideal but if a way forward, it's better then nothing.

7 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

Yes I agree.........PSG have won it all...Oh no,I forgot they win a mickey mouse league at a canter but do F all in Europe

In Spain the richest clubs win, in Italy the richest club wins, In Germany the richest club wins, in France the richest club wins.

Elimination rounds are different, anything can happen in two games but over a long run in a league having a broader squad with more quality helps a lot. No one saying it is impossible for less spending clubs, but most of the time teams with the best squads win the leagues.

I saw a lot of people on twitter say we dont need Golovin because we have a lot of midfielders. Okay we'll see how that works. Fabregas is a waste of space against any of the top teams. Barkley is a totally unknown quantity and he's already 25 but has shown little to fulfill his initial promise. I dont rate RLC as highly as others here. I' m all for giving RLC as our youth product a spot but I feel the natural heir to that spot is playing in Derby now for Lampard. :dunno:

This really drained all optimism I had. We are nowhere near their level. I certainly wasn't expecting a title challenge this season but I think even scraping 4th is pretty far beyond us. Especially if the likes of Alonso, Cesc, Morata, and Barkley play huge roles.

And it's now too late to bring in serious quality.

Would you guys stop this Golovin bullshit...even with him we gonna lose the match...having 6 donkeys in the starting line up doesn't help...except the name of the midfielder us SMS or maybe Thiago.....Golovin will not do any shit...

11 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Caballero: 6 

Not as bad as he usually is as a goal keeper. I actually think he is overrated with the ball at his feet. Takes too long to pass with multiple options and only slight pressure encourages him to boot it. Cannot be in the first 11. 

Azpi: 6

Questions marks starting to get raised. Offensively second best to Zappscosta. Defensively our best player. Not comfortable on the ball when pressed and played too many passes down the line that didn't work. More pressing issues than him. 

Rudiger: 5

Far too slow on the ball. Takes to long to make a decision and the attack is shit from the get go. Athletic enough to play a high line and is calm under pressure but consistently has focus issues. I blame him for Aguero's second. Switched off often. 

Luiz: 4

Makes decisions even slower than Rudiger. Attempts long balls too often. Defensively a shambles. This is not news. I hope he isn't in the first 11. 

Alonso: 5

Still can't defend but had some successful flashes of pressing the winger. Takes too long on the ball to make simply passes which put a others under pressure. Not suited to this football. 

Jorginho: 7

Apart from 1 or 2 mistakes he had a decent game. Good tackle on Sane to stop a break but was beaten a few times. The most comfortable and calm player on the ball. Keeps it ticking. 

Cesc: 3

Runs like a fat toddler. Still thinks it a good idea to press. Ends up just running out of the way. Not suited to this football. 

Barkley: 6

Not a CM. Probably never will be. Defensivley he is a shadow. But he is useful at beating a press with his dribbling. With the shoddy passing of this time his strength and dribbling will come in handy when put under inevitable pressure. 

Pedro: 5

Energised bunny than has zero upper  body strength. Off the ball movement is good. Rushes too often. Willian has a chance here. 

Morata: thankfully not a number 9

CHO: 7

Brave. Tried hard and was our most dangerous player in the first half. Keep going. 

Alonso 5 your being nice mate 

1 minute ago, eemanyooel said:

Would you guys stop this Golovin bullshit...even with him we gonna lose the match...having 6 donkeys in the starting line up doesn't help...except the name of the midfielder us SMS or maybe Thiago.....Golovin will not do any shit...

it isnt about this match, it is about the season ahead, Golovin is class and would have elevated our midfield

5 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

In Spain the richest clubs win, in Italy the richest club wins, In Germany the richest club wins, in France the richest club wins.

Elimination rounds are different, anything can happen in two games but over a long run in a league having a broader squad with more quality helps a lot. No one saying it is impossible for less spending clubs, but most of the time teams with the best squads win the leagues.

Yes,I agree with you on the domestic fronts this is largely true (except for Leicesters victory and Athletico Madrids performances in past years) .But it is in Europe where you make your reputation.

We are so fucked without Hazard and Kante and Courtois. That's my number one takeaway. Going to try and not read too much into this game. City are also a top 5 in world side, so it's safe to say we were outclassed even if they didn't have all their players.

3 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

He would have improved our pressing much more than the other two mentioned. 

We look old, slow and bland. Our board thinks Hazard and Kante can close a 30 point gap on their own are seriously delusional and I'm pointing fingers at Marina and Roman since that is what comprises the sporting side of our "board". 30 points behind and the only signing is Jorginho. 

Hazard "i want to play with good players" but the only signing is Jorginho. We're holding on to Sarri like he's some god. The 1 year contract extension for Pedro is just a microcosm of our current maliaise. We wont even let Courtois go to Madrid with less than a year on his contract. We're also scared to lose Willian of all people. We've become desperate and scared. 

11 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

SMS costs more than 100M which we are never going to spend...Thiago will not come here anyway...Golovin is the only option who was available and would have come to chelsea...But our board decided not to buy....Golovin would be better than fabregas and barkley in this system..Lots of gaps that appeared today would have been covered by him

6 minutes ago, lucio said:

it isnt about this match, it is about the season ahead, Golovin is class and would have elevated our midfield

So that we start scoring goals and finishing chances...and he won't have time to adapt and understand Sarri kind of football... Yes you are true but I worry about finishing the most and it doesn't help when you have a clown as a striker and a non existent ageing player as a right winger...