• Hudson-Odoi
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Moses (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

4 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

This itself is a problem for you, mate.

To expect a club of our stature to compete with City was asking too much? We aren't a small club hoping to frustrate the big boys. Even missing players I thought we'd at least give them some problems. Looked like men against boys instead.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, ChelseaChelsea68 said:

Tough Days ahead for our Club. Several years of buying at best average players (Hazard,Kante,Costa aside) are coming home too roost. A goalkeeper who doesn’t want to be here,no defence a extremely weak midfield and no strikers. It we finish in the top half it will be amazing. Cesc/Barkley/Drinkwater/ Baka/ Morata Luiz/ Rudiger let’s be honest are poor very poor. Too many burnt out has beens. I’ll always be a Chelsea fan but sometimes you have to accept we are in disarray Roman not aloud in the country Ground development now on hold, buying shit player and to make it worse that Scum from White Shit Lane seem to be getting there act together all very depressing 

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Come on man. Top half would be amazing? Give me a break.

When Sarri joined to Napoli in his first five games he had only one win. Every year he got more points than the previous while he was there. He didn't have the perfect squad but they progressed in time.

I would suggest to wait until the end of September before becoming too pessimistic.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

To expect a club of our stature to compete with City was asking too much? We aren't a small club hoping to frustrate the big boys. Even missing players I thought we'd at least give them some problems. Looked like men against boys instead.

Yes it was given the circumstances and the momentum. They are going into their 3rd season with Guardiola, we're just three weeks working with Sarri. City's players, wake them up at 3 in the morning in their holidays and gather them on a football pitch with myself in the dugout and they would still put any team to respect playing Guardiola's tactics. Ours wouldn't play the Sarri way yet as it is TOO EARLY FFS! 

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

3 weeks man. 3 weeks.

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It's not a small club narrative. It's about a team in its first month of reforming its identity. In my opinion, you just cannot seriously expect that team to challenge a well-oiled machine like Pep's.

1 minute ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Yes it was given the circumstances and the momentum. They are going into their 3rd season with Guardiola, we're just three weeks working with Sarri. City's players, wake them up at 3 in the morning in their holidays and gather them on a football pitch with myself in the dugout and they would still put any team to respect playing Guardiola's tactics. Ours wouldn't play the Sarri way yet as it is TOO EARLY FFS! 

I fully expected City to be the better side today. I just expected us to put up a fight. 

I don't think anyone has criticized or been impatient with Sarri. Most of the criticism has gone to the numerous amount of mediocre players we currenty have on our books. 

Most of the criticism has also gone to our board (of which the footballing side mostly comprises of Roman and Marina) for yet again failing to improve an ageing uninspiring squad despite finishing 30 points behind the Champions.

Most of the workload has yet again been heaped on yet another new manager. But Sarri isn't Harry Potter. He's not a magician. The chickens are slowly but surely coming home to roost while our board watches on from on high. 

3 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I don't think anyone has criticized or been impatient with Sarri. Most of the criticism has gone to the numerous amount of mediocre players we currenty have on our books. 

Most of the criticism has also gone to our board (of which the footballing side mostly comprises of Roman and Marina) for yet again failing to improve an ageing uninspiring squad despite finishing 30 points behind the Champions.

Most of the workload has yet again been heaped on yet another new manager. But Sarri isn't Harry Potter. He's not a magician. The chickens are slowly but surely coming home to roost while our board watches on from on high. 

That's the problem and happens every year. Need players to improve and yet not given. I hope the board realise this and give him time when things look like they're not going as well as should be/could be. 

13 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

When Sarri joined to Napoli in his first five games he had only one win. Every year he got more points than the previous while he was there. He didn't have the perfect squad but they progressed in time.

I would suggest to wait until the end of September before becoming too pessimistic.

More like wait till the end of November/December to see some actual results

People acting like 5 year old girls in here. Have patience ffs

Truth be told the way Sarris plays football will never see us beat Mancity or other superior top teams. A defensive, counter attacking style would give us a fighting chance but this blue-eyed wanna be tiki taka will always come upmshoet against genuine quality no matter if sarri exectued it here for 3 weeks or 3 years

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

Truth be told the way Sarris plays football will never see us beat Mancity or other superior top teams. A defensive, counter attacking style would give us a fighting chance but this blue-eyed wanna be tiki taka will always come upmshoet against genuine quality no matter if sarri exectued it here for 3 weeks or 3 years

I definitely think this'll be the sort of season where we do well against teams we should beat but we'll struggle a lot against all of the big teams. City, Liverpool, and Spuds in particular who all have years of coaching in how to press.

In games where we can be the ones dictating the tempo I believe we'll be fine.

Well, I did expect us to lose, but is still a shame.

Now we need to focus on getting those tactics drilled in our lads as soon as possible because we won't be adding anyone else by the looks of it.

Oh and fuck city and their washed away blue kit.

COYB