• Pedro
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Moses (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

1 minute ago, blues.bridge said:

willian, morata, pedro... I hope I never see them together again!
Hazard-Martial- CHO would be fine.
also the midfielder is not good enough, kante will be fantastic but we need also other similar SMS
Luiz is indecent, Christiensen must play!
these players are not good at all, even less for SARRIBALL!
with the graft of hazard and kante, maybe buy of martial and some adjustment like christiensen for luiz or emerson for alonso we can improve a lot

Absolutely spot on...just some tuning with the first team squad...we should fine..Emerson Hazard Kante and I hope Martial/willian deal goes through

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as important as getting used to the style of play with the ball is (1) the press - city are getting out way too easily and (2) the high back line - if we don't sort that out we'll get murdered this season with anything over the top.

5 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

No patience for stability by many fans...want absolute change overnite...

Exactly- the guy has had 2 weeks and our best players aren't even back training.

It's madness really to expect anything more? 

I think people like negativity - bad news travels faster than good news - it's the human psyche... 

City are evolutions away from where we want to be. They have had a single philosophy and executed it with patience over the past 10 years.

We have zig-zagged- and done well - but all the time, fans have said we need a bit of stability. It hasn't come and now hopefully, the penny will drop with the Board and the squad and the fans that we need to sort ourselves out. Define what we want to be and execute that plan - don't give up when it gets tough - that's the cowards way out...

Greece won the Euros with a very average team - but teamwork and togetherness are massive ingredients to success which are consistently overlooked. Until he has been training them for 2 months - it would be remiss to make a judgement. IMHO 

9 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

FFS The season hasn't even started and you are talking about the manager being sacked. Give the man time to mould his own team

He's not going to get a chance to create his own team. You can't play like Sarri's Naples team with Alonso, Luiz, Cesc, Drinkwater or Morata...

Just now, blues.bridge said:

also the midfielder is not good enough, kante will be fantastic but we need also other similar SMS
with the graft of hazard and kante, maybe buy of martial and some adjustment like christiensen for luiz or emerson for alonso we can improve a lot
it's not sarri fault, simply a lot of players are not good enough and Idk what are board waiting for??? it's clear we need to take at least 2 top players and sell a lot of  useless players, but nothing!!! AND IN THE END WOULD BE sarri's fault

Just now, Tautvix said:

He's not going to get a chance to create his own team. You can't play like Sarri's Naples team with Alonso, Luiz, Cesc, Drinkwater or Morata...

Therefore he needs to be given at least 2 seasons to bring in his players, just like Pep and Klopp were.

7 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

Actually we wont be fine until we sign a great striker to replace Morata. And if the answer is Martial who hasnt even played there in years and who has been a flop at United, then what is the question? With Morata up front we won't be finishing in the top 4 again 

1 minute ago, Starman60 said:

Therefore he needs to be given at least 2 seasons to bring in his players, just like Pep and Klopp were.

But he won't be given time and not money really... We all know that ;) 

1 minute ago, Tautvix said:

Most of Napoli players were terribly average before sarri...though I agree with you on Alonso Drinkwater Fabregas and co

3 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

The difference between aguero and Morata :doh: 

Fact: With that fraud Morata as our striker, we will struggle for top four

Fact: You're making assertions based upon a game where we've made no presence in midfield or any support whatever.

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

Actually we wont be fine until we sign a great striker to replace Morata. And if the answer is Martial who hasnt even played there in years and who has been a flop at United, then what is the question? With Morata up front we won't be finishing in the top 4 again 

One player does not fix a broken club, team or philosophy- it's this mindset that has put us in this position.

We need to back the manager with a 3 year plan and overhaul the squad and youth teams to align with our footballing philosophy.

Simply signing a striker will ultimately change nothing and is painting over the abyss.

Thing is what nobody seems to mention is that it's clearly not working this game but we did not really change anything. That is not a good sign from the manager in my opinion.

Just now, Mana said:

The downside is that we have no time. You think our star players will stay here after 2 consecutive seasons without CL football?

If they dont want to be here then let them go. Liverpool sold Coutinho and became stronger. We eother buy into Sarri 100% or whats the point of bringing him in. We cannot be expected to match City this season, but given time we may. And stars come and go at clubs all the time, it's never the end of the world