Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

9 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Surprised he jumped at the first point. I'd have prefer him to openly admit to being homesick and moving on.

Anyway, I hope his successor is announced this week without the need to drag it out.

He was gone when that Kepa thing happened, then everybody had to pretend it didnt. A guy with options doesnt put up with that.

He was gone when that Kepa thing happened, then everybody had to pretend it didnt. A guy with options doesnt put up with that.

I think that's just an easy excuse along with "fans bullying him".

Had he failed to make the CL & not won anything, Juve wouldn't have been all over him. Things changed drastically for him in a few instances.

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I think that's just an easy excuse along with "fans bullying him".

Had he failed to make the CL & not win anything, Juve wouldn't have been all over him. Things changed drastically for him in a few instances.

Of course he wouldnt have left if he didnt have options, but when you have options you put up with less.

His mind was made up when Kepa happened. its just winning at the end allows it to happen.

Think the transfer ban definitely swayed things. What's the point being somewhere where you can't sign the players you need and are left with ones that need work. Maybe had we had the summer given he'd stayed but nahhh. Don't blame him. Not his fault and not whoever comes in but manager is the one having to deal

4 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Think the transfer ban definitely swayed things. What's the point being somewhere where you can't sign the players you need and are left with ones that need work. Maybe had we had the summer given he'd stayed but nahhh. Don't blame him. Not his fault and not whoever comes in but manager is the one having to deal

LB   Alonso/Emerson         or    Alex Sandro

RB Azpi          or             Joao Cancelo

CF/SS  Giroud/Tammy/Bats       v  (pick one, plug em in) Dybala/Mario Mandzukic/Moise Kean/ and (gag) Higs

LW Willian/CHO (out till January or so)      v  CR7

RW Pulisic/Pedro            v  Federico Bernardeschi  or Douglas Costa    or  Juan Cuadrado

MF (RLC out) for maybe the year so Kante/Jorginho/Barkely/Bakayoko/Drinkwater     v maybe Pogba but for sure Miralem Pjanic, Emre Can, Rodrigo Bentancur, Blaise Matuidi, Aaron Ramsey, Sami Khedira

CB Rudiger (out for beginning probably so AC, Luiz, Happy    v    Bonucci/Giorgio Chiellini/Rugani and they are really trying to get de Ligt (all over Raiola now that e is unbanned, they want Pogba and de Ligt)

GK Kepa v Wojciech Szczesny

PLUS Juve will deffo do transfers and we cannot

Sarri is no fool

44 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Lampard comes in, takes his first pc, taps the microphone and says "Fuck Sarriball"

And proceeds in taking us to the Championship, can't wait.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I will have a bet with you, as much as you want we won't get relegated, fancy it?

I was only joking would need an enormous amount of fuckery to achieve that even if you or me were the manager instead, I can however bet things go south before the middle of the season and our play will be even worse.

5 minutes ago, Nicco said:

I was only joking would need an enormous amount of fuckery to achieve that even if you or me were the manager instead, I can however bet things go south before the middle of the season and our play will be even worse.

If we brought in the best manager in the world there will be some sort of drama, it follows this club and it always happens. 

not being able to smoke a fag in the stadium messed with his head. after the Kepa incident I`m surprised he didn`t spark up there and then.

result wise he did an o.k job...the thing that bugged me most was his statement he wouldn`t change his tactics till we perfected it..like why change if it`s perfected? adapt till you find a solution not keep trying something that isn`t working holding out hope someday it will..no plan B is pretty poor. 

I still don't understand with this youth obsession. If you watch last few games when CHO started you can tell that right now Willian is better than him but people keep using youth as his excuse. If we play just with youth we will be lucky if we can fight for europa league spot. 

In term of Sarri. It is such a shame that he left, the majority of fans does not like him although based on result last season was a really successful season. There is no point discussing Sarri though, I spent a year defending him. Honestly I am glad that he is gone, deep down I know it is the best for both sides. 

Next season is going to be interesting. I still don't understand why people want Lamp. The only reason he is a candidate is that he is Chelsea legend that is it. Similar to Ole appointment. 

It is important to have clear vision of what we want to do for next season. Then hire manager accordingly. 

I read people want want klopp style football which is about transition. It is actually quite similar to Pochetino in some way. Against smaller side, pool use their fb to create chances . Trent crossing is brilliant and Robertson is not bad either. We can't do this. How many times did we watch our offense went to trash when it went to our fb last season. Plus we can say goodbye Jorginho as holder which is going to be welcomed by tons of Chelsea fans who want kante to be our holder. 

Defensively klopp is known for his pressing, It require everyone to be able press properly. One player does not press the whole thing break down and after watching the way CHO defend last year, he will struggle big time.

Honestly if we want to do well and please the majority of the fans, we should just revert back to conte/Mou style. I certainly don't want this but without significant investment, it is going to be a massive struggle for us next season. 

14 minutes ago, communicate said:

I still don't understand with this youth obsession. If you watch last few games when CHO started you can tell that right now Willian is better than him but people keep using youth as his excuse.

A youth player isn't going to be perfect from the get-go. Maybe people just aren't used to us playing young players, developing them because we always buy players to solve our problems. You gotta have the trust and faith that with playing time, they will improve and get better. If not, then how will you know when will they be ready? To use an example, when Sterling first broke through, he was only 18 years old. He wasn't perfect to begin with but the talent was there (is still there) and he was trusted to play in the first team (played 1,747 PL minutes in 2012/13, when he first broke through at Liverpool and he's played at least 2500 minutes in 4 of the 6 following seasons) and look where he is now. 

And another thing with using youth players is stop ourselves from buying duds like Drinkwater, Zappacosta etc. Better off just using players from the academy and developing them than spending 30-40 million on players who aren't good and aren't going to contribute anything at all!