• Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Morata (sub)
    • Cahill (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

2 hours ago, kmk108 said:

This is why I love watching Chelsea matches, even when we lose. I'll never understand people who go into matches not looking forward to watching it.

Oh I do start off enjoying watching them, but when you see a team with the potential and pedigree we have, failing to perform to an acceptable level, then it becomes  very frustrating to watch. Please dont tell me that following both the Bournemouth and Watford games that you said to yourself "Yea, I really enjoyed that". I will say that years ago, when we only had a half decent side I used to always enjoy it because we were not one of the "big" teams. But now I expect more and it is not enjoyable when you see the way we are currently playing,and you can usually tell after the first 10 minutes or so if our guys are up for it. But I agree with you to a point, and that is, Yes I love watching Chelsea and have done for 42 years, but only when they give their all on the pitch for the club.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Starman60 said:

Oh I do start off enjoying watching them, but when you see a team with the potential and pedigree we have, failing to perform to an acceptable level, then it becomes  very frustrating to watch. Please dont tell me that following both the Bournemouth and Watford games that you said to yourself "Yea, I really enjoyed that". I will say that years ago, when we only had a half decent side I used to always enjoy it because we were not one of the "big" teams. But now I expect more and it is not enjoyable when you see the way we are currently playing,and you can usually tell after the first 10 minutes or so if our guys are up for it. But I agree with you to a point, and that is, Yes I love watching Chelsea and have done for 42 years, but only when they give their all on the pitch for the club.

I expect better, and I wish we were playing better, but I still enjoy what following the club does for me: distract me from the real-world. It's definitely better when we're winning, but I'm not someone who gets fussed about the results as much as I used to. If we get embarrassed like we have lately, my life isn't any worse. My day isn't ruined. I just say "Well, that performance was awful", look at the meltdowns online and then move on to something else.

Now during the 90 minutes, I can be seen cursing at the television, jumping up and down when we score, and gesturing at the referee when they make calls against us, but that happens whether we win, lose or draw.

I follow too many teams in other sports that have been far more disappointing to let this run of form bother me.

31 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

If we get embarrassed like we have lately, my life isn't any worse. My day isn't ruined. I

Agreed especially when you get older. As a younger man I used to get into loads of shall we say disagreements about Chelsea but you obviously mellow when you get older. Plus the success we've had over the last 15 years where we've won everything it's hard to get too upset when we lose especially when you've seen as many shit seasons as I have.

8 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Agreed especially when you get older. As a younger man I used to get into loads of shall we say disagreements about Chelsea but you obviously mellow when you get older. Plus the success we've had over the last 15 years where we've won everything it's hard to get too upset when we lose especially when you've seen as many shit seasons as I have.

Sorry to be different, I suppose in spite of losses I do look forward to the next game, at some stage.

But over the years and there have been many, I'm mortified when we lose it fucks my week up, the older I get the worse I get.

I definitely don't mellow with age, especially after these last 2 results, but here I am Monday morning looking forward to the game, hoping and praying that we can turn up and fucking win.

KTBFFH

26 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Sorry to be different, I suppose in spite of losses I do look forward to the next game, at some stage.

But over the years and there have been many, I'm mortified when we lose it fucks my week up, the older I get the worse I get.

I definitely don't mellow with age, especially after these last 2 results, but here I am Monday morning looking forward to the game, hoping and praying that we can turn up and fucking win.

KTBFFH

I know what you mean but the worst bit is getting stick off friends and family but it gets easier to shrug that off. When we lost to QPR when we had nine men you'd think they won the World Cup the way my mates were going on about it. I avoid as much as I can the media because they love it when Chelsea lose especially ex players from other teams who can't hide the glee in their voices. When we lost in Moscow in 2008 I didn't buy a paper for two weeks because of the media obsession with Man United if we had won there wouldn't have been half the coverage.

Anyway and I hate to bring it up but it's almost odds on that Sturridge will have a blinder tonight.

They need to go out there tonight and not only win, but win convincingly if WBA score against us it's just another kick in the bollocks to us fans.

I want to see a convincing win not god forbid a struggling 1-0 or even 2-1 although I will accept it (i've got to nothing I can do about it) and a win is a win.

If we lose this game well......and at present we are well capable of fucking this up.

Normally coming off a bad run and having a big showpiece match like this on Monday night I'd expect a huge, forceful performance from us. Lift the mood a bit and get a bit of good form going into this murderous run we have coming up. I have to imagine well start on the front foot and be aggressive from the beggining. 

But I sadly wouldn't be surprised at all if this is a snore fest where West Brom deploy their usual dirty ass tactics against us. The likes of Yacob is always hacking at our players and in particular Hazard. They'll likely try to make this as ugly and stop-start as possible. Early goal would be huge obviously.

3 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

They need to go out there tonight and not only win, but win convincingly if WBA score against us it's just another kick in the bollocks to us fans.

I want to see a convincing win not god forbid a struggling 1-0 or even 2-1 although I will accept it (i've got to nothing I can do about it) and a win is a win.

If we lose this game well......and at present we are well capable of fucking this up.

I don't know wether we are meant to take your name seriously or not?

Lets be honest would it be a surprise to us if we lost? (i dont even think a draw does conte much good)  would it fuck, especially if members of the squad have downed tools as predicted.   Weeks rest, or 2 weeks makes no difference.  We are at that horrible stage where it just seems the coach and team have a big issue

Kick up the arse and smash these tonight would be ideal