Ethan Ampadu

Blusan Alamb

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Probably the biggest game of his career. Hope he thrives

And boy he has. Has looked like he has been part of that Leipzig defence for years. Has looked comfortable in possession, been confident in bringing the ball out and has marshalled the defence well along with his fellow defenders. Hopefully this will earn more starts.

And boy he has. Has looked like he has been part of that Leipzig defence for years. Has looked comfortable in possession, been confident in bringing the ball out and has marshalled the defence well along with his fellow defenders. Hopefully this will earn more starts.
He made one Defensive error where he missed a header and the other Defender had to deal with that while Moura was trying to get the ball.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I was just about to echo the last part. Shame more than half of his season has gone to waste, but Leipzig have a massive run at the title ahead and potentially more CL ties.

Hope he just had some cramp at the end.

I was very happy to see him playing CB, as I think it is only position he will make it in a top team like Chelsea.  I think he has a ton of potential there and it suits his strengths and weaknesses well.  I don't think he is quite quick enough in speed of thought to play CM, too slow to play outside back, but his vision and passing would be a weapon at CB. The dude isn't afraid to tackle either. Natural leader.

I hope he stays in that position and gets some regular playing time the rest of the season.  

• 1 month later...

I've always thought that a CB that can play dm or a dm that can play CB would be a great asset to a squad that can play a back 3, because that one player can allow you to effortlessly switch between a back 3 and a back 4.

Rudiger Ampadu Zouma

James kovacic kante Alonos

James Rudiger Zouma Alonso

Ampadu
Kovacic kante

It completely falls apart if the full backs are shit though. But you see Henderson do something similar at Liverpool. He sits right inbetween the 2 CBS as the full backs basically act like wing backs.

Jorginho is shit at this.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk