Ethan Ampadu

Blusan Alamb

1 hour ago, ja1 said:

I would be happy with him going and consolidating his game in the Championship. It’s the same type of loan I’ve been suggesting for him for the last 18 months lol (I think he should have got a loan like this as early as Jan 2018).

Mount, Tomori, Abraham, James, and now Gallagher have all had a lot of success for their development, going to the Championship and playing regularly, I don’t see why Ampadu can’t follow suit. He is 20 this season, barely made 10 league appearances. He is of course still young but another season where he barely plays will be detrimental. Just give him a low risk loan (that, as said, clearly works) in Championship, a 3000-4000 minute season where he will actually play regularly. 

I get this type of regular gametime *could*happen with a Premier League loan. And if it did it is pretty much ideal for us and for Ampadu. But even for promoted teams it is just low probability he gets regular PL gametime I feel. It is rare for such an inexperienced player, especially on loan, to just get into a top team like that. I know it does happen (eg. AC at Mochengladbach) but given Ampadu has already had that type of aggressive loan at Leipzig which didn’t work (seriously baffles me anyone expected it to but that’s a different story) let’s just chill with him, and let him settle his game in the Championship.

fine with me as well

loan him to the sheep shaggers in Swansea

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

fine with me as well

loan him to the sheep shaggers in Swansea

Yeah. I think Guehi is going to continue at Swansea so it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have Ampadu there too.

Chelsea are reported to be ready to give the green light for the highly-rated youngster Ethan Ampadu to head to Norwich on loan, who have been relegated to the Championship, in a bid to secure more game time following a frustrating loan deal to RB Leipzig (via@WalesOnline)

Going from playing UCL to playing in the Championship is frustrating but he really needs to play regularly.

9 hours ago, Rapkun said:

Definitely a better option than Norwich but I doubt he will be guaranteed minutes there. Also it remains to be seen where he will be playing. DM would be my guess.

Playing 30-40 games for Norwich is better than 20 for Fulham I think even if it is a level below. Especially when he's basically spent a season on the bench (Damn that stupid loan to Leipzig :rant:)

11 hours ago, Strike said:

Playing 30-40 games for Norwich is better than 20 for Fulham I think even if it is a level below. Especially when he's basically spent a season on the bench (Damn that stupid loan to Leipzig :rant:)

Amapdu will be an automatic starter for Fulham. Mark my words, at worst this boy is going to be a Scott Parker type player at the very least i.e. Captain of a midtable side. His potential is huge if he can stay fit and develop. 

6 hours ago, King Kante said:

Amapdu will be an automatic starter for Fulham. Mark my words, at worst this boy is going to be a Scott Parker type player at the very least i.e. Captain of a midtable side. His potential is huge if he can stay fit and develop. 

I see a lot of similarities with rice tbh.

Most important thing for young player is to play regularly.

Ampadu 19/20 season in Leipzig: 277 minutes.

18/19 season here: 283 minutes. Not counting development squad.

17/18 season 407 minutes with first team.

So he has less minutes season by season! Conte gave him more chances than Sarri and Julian.

Another season like this would be a horrible thing for him. Fair play, he worked with three great coaches, he learned a lot but now it is time for him to make some experience in real games.

Championship is fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Ethan Ampadu’s physical changes put him in the mix for Frank Lampard

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/08/image-ethan-ampadus-physical-changes-put-mix-frank-lampard/

heads-i-wat.jpg

Chelsea are back in training, meaning there are photos coming out which allow us to make some all-too-early conclusions about the season to come.

One thing that a few social media users noticed was a picture of Ethan Ampadu standing alongside Olivier Giroud and Ruben Loftus-Cheek, the two tallest players in the squad.

Ampadu doesn’t look out of place at all, in fact even without his hair he’s at most an inch or two off the others.

That shows how he’s grown in the last year, while on loan at RB Leipzig.

So while he didn’t get much playing time, he’s at least developed in one important regard when it comes to competing for a centre-back/central-midfield spot.

On 18/08/2020 at 8:12 AM, Puliiszola said:

Apparently wants to stay and fight rather than go out on loan. 

I would honestly keep him and sell one of Rudi/AC (preferably Rudi). 

I think Ampadu might surprise a lot of us. 

Can be our very own Rice.

Rudiger is not being sold now, nor should he be

AC is deffo the one who needs to go first

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Rudiger is not being sold now, nor should he be

AC is deffo the one who needs to go first

Obviously he is not being sold because he has no market and no one would take a dreg out of our hands. 

As for "nor should he be", don't understand the logic behind that definitive for our worst CB this season (he even admitted his shit show before the fa cup final).

Just now, Puliiszola said:

More laughable than some saying saying 

"Nor should we sell him".

Talk about writing utter bollocks. Lol.

naw m8

one (mine) is an opiion

the other (yours) to numpty shite

you literally said

43725c89b907a086a361e3ab1576a0c1.png

go try and buy Rudiger from us for less than £40-45m or so

even with the COVID-19 across the board reduction he is rated (and T-Mart is almost always far below market price)

cb2e792762e1f634dcc792fc0ee2f1a5.png