• Christensen (sub)
    • Morata (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)
    • Craig Pawson

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pessimistic about this season as the squad currently stands. But boy oh boy am I happy Moses is suspended!!!! Yippy!!! You watch how much smoother our attacking is with Azpi playing rwb. He won't be running past people to the byline, but he'll be efficient. His head will be up and he will find Willian/Kante/Rudiger and pass much quicker than Moses. I expect possession to be recycled on our right much more efficiently. 

And anyway, when moses does dribble at players his crossing is piss poor anyway! 

And Azpu will SHUT SHIT DOWN on our right side. No more clueless Victor looking to stand in line with the other defenders oblivious to what's going on around him. 

Fuck it, i'm actually excited for this game. Go on Dave!

I'm guessing the front 3 will be Bats, Morata, Willian with Musonda as a sub, Fab and Kante CM, Ruediger starting as RCB, Dave at RWB.

Such a thin squad. Wow.

My choice might be to use Musonda from the outset and let Morata hit them late, but IDK.

9 hours ago, Strike said:

Everybody with a mouth has written Chelsea off this season. 

The hope is we repeat shades of last year when we quietly went about racking up the wins. Burnley have lost a first choice central defender and a striker and are awful away from home. Chelsea should win, should sign a couple of wingbacks and all will be well again. 

Can't blame them. I am worried that this time they might end up being right. We dont have the depth in our squad to compete in all competitions. If we do manage to rack up a silverware or two it would be nothing short of miracle and would go prove that Conte is a genius!

we are starting the season in a backfoot with key players out with injury how fucked are we? I mean without that much technical nous I can tell that Conte is fucked I can't believe that our board can't see this? or if they do they aren't doing anything about it.

Courtois

Rudiger - Luiz - Cahill

Azpilicueta - Kanté - Fabregas - Alonso

Pedro - Batshuayi - Willian

Caballero; Christensen, Player X; Kenedy, Boga; Musonda, Morata

Something like this I think.

This is so sad. Premier League champions, mind you.

Last year's squad wasn't much to write home about, and now the squad's even weaker.

Chels seems to be stuck in this strange space I find hard to define.

Therefore I don't have any expectations.

We'll see what happens.

5 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Courtois

Rudiger - Luiz - Cahill

Azpilicueta - Kanté - Fabregas - Alonso

Pedro - Batshuayi - Willian

Caballero; Christensen, Player X; Kenedy, Boga; Musonda, Morata

Something like this I think.

This is so sad. Premier League champions, mind you.

Last year's squad wasn't much to write home about, and now the squad's even weaker.

Chels seems to be stuck in this strange space I find hard to define.

Therefore I don't have any expectations.

We'll see what happens.

Pedro is injured..

3 minutes ago, -Kaplan- said:

We're going to resort to using our record signing out of position. 

Arsenal-esque. 

Already dreading it. The pressure will quickly build on him if he puts in poor performances while out of position and his confidence will be shot.

Start Morata on nr.9 position or put him on the bench :) Don't waste his talent on the wing ... what is the point of having Musonda&Baker in the squad when we don't have the ba**s to start them in home match against Burnley? Put Musonda in starting eleven and enjoy his trickery, we will have the ball in our feet most of the time anyway :) Fabregas is the biggest problem anyway, his lack of workrate could punish us in counter attacks ..

38 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Already dreading it. The pressure will quickly build on him if he puts in poor performances while out of position and his confidence will be shot.

He's already mentioned how the criticism after the Arsenal game has affected him. 

It would be unfair Batshuayi to leave him on the bench after the preseason he's had. And I don't think we have the personnel to go 2 up top. 

Basically, someone's getting screwed. 

Personally Burnley at home is a perfect game to start morata up top, might bag a couple of goals and get his confidence up straight away. What will happen:: bats will start, he will stand still, he will shoot a lot and miss, he will try take on every player on field, he will not pass, he will b dog shit. Morata will come on on 76 mins presented with a good opportunity he will miss.Because he's just come on he will get absolutely smashed for it. GG the end.

I really dont like the idea of Dave on the rwb, rudiger fits way better, having the physical and the crossing ability it's a no brainier for me, but still not optimal.

I wanted to both strikers upfront, moratas headers might come to be useful in this game, but unfortunately we are still missing a CM to be able to properly change to a 3-5-2 formation when required

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk