• Boga
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Morata (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)
    • Craig Pawson

3 hours ago, -Kaplan- said:

He's already mentioned how the criticism after the Arsenal game has affected him. 

It would be unfair Batshuayi to leave him on the bench after the preseason he's had. And I don't think we have the personnel to go 2 up top. 

Basically, someone's getting screwed. 

Morata isn't going to start, and I don't think that's screwing him. Conte has said he needs more time to adjust to the system and he also needs time to adjust to the league.

If Batshuayi continues to progress, Conte will have a decision to make, but for now, I think it's an easy choice to start Batshuayi.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe the club will start the league with only 2 fit mids. And when you know they are Cesc and Kante, who don't play so good next to each other, the situation is even more f8cked up... 

Hope at least Boga or Musonda starts, prefer to see them than playing Morata out of position. The bench also gonna be fun. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Do Chelsea have enough players to fill up the bench?

No.

Courtois - Cahill, Luiz, Rüdiger - Alonso, Cesc, Kante, Azpi - Willian, Morata, Batshuayi

As it stands that would be the most likely starting lineup. Leaves Caballero, Christensen, Musonda, Boga and Tomori on the bench out of players who can even remotely be considered a part of the first team squad and then maybe filling the rest with U18s.

If it were up to me I'd replace Morata there by Musonda or Boga to start which would allow for a better impact sub later in the game with Alvaro coming on, not to mention actually getting to play him in his preferred position up front instead of on the wings.

Either way it's fucking ridiculous, the starting lineup will have two league debutants for the club and apart from the backup goalie the bench will have zero PL appearances prior to today. :lol:

Courtois

Rudiger d.Luiz Cahill

Azpilicueta Cesc Kante m.Alonso

Willian Michy Boga

23 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Actually embarrassing that we are struggling to fill the bench. Morata has to start. Was impressed with Michy during the Arsenal game in preseason, but did nothing after that game.

Hopefully seeing it for real be a wake up call to get moving. However seeing as they don't seem to be as it stands probably not. Hopefully can get things going injury free

It's been to long!

Probably going to be a tough one to watch. Our attack is clueless without Hazard, so add Pedro and our record breaking signing striker to that.

Hope for the best, expect for the worst. That's this season's motto. Leggooo

53 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Don't think have expectations for this season..be amazed if win the league and no shock if lose a few so just gana enjoy the bumpy ride it looks to be...

For me exactly the same as last season, top 4 finish is the most realistic even that looks difficult.