• Kante
    • Boga
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Morata (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)
    • Craig Pawson

Starting Batshuayi is the fair thing. He has been great since April, had a good preseason and was decent against Arsenal. Morata is the new guy and his only match for Chelsea was a complete nightmare, worst debut ever. So why would he start?  He'll probably play today and play many more games, he'll have time to prove his class, but so far Michy is the no1.
Did you watch Michy last week? I was in his corner until his disappearance act.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Explain to me why Michy shouldn't start? He's been great throughout the pre-season and there's no reason why £58m Morata would just walk straight into the XI. Right choice, IMO. Striker position desperately needs competition and the total amount of goals Michy+Alvaro score is more important than what they individually score. 

On the other hand, I expected to see Musonda instead of Boga. I guess it also comes down to attitude, defensive contribution etc. and not just technical ability, which I think is where Musonda excels at.

1 minute ago, !Hazard! said:

Explain to me why Michy shouldn't start? He's been great throughout the pre-season and there's no reason why £58m Morata would just walk straight into the XI. Right choice, IMO. Striker position desperately needs competition and the total amount of goals Michy+Alvaro score is more important than what they individually score. 

On the other hand, I expected to see Musonda instead of Boga. I guess it also comes down to attitude, defensive contribution etc. and not just technical ability, which I think is where Musonda excels at.

Michy was great for the arsenal game in preseason. Since then he scored one tap in and nothing else.

Morata not starting is the exact reason why you should spend less time fraffing about like our board has done all summer and get your transfers in early so the manager/coach has enough time to implement his ideas.

A £58m record signing should be starting on the first day of the season.

And the state of that bench is a disgrace. The club should be ashamed of themselves for allowing the squad to end up as it is.

5 minutes ago, the wes said:

A lot supporters cried about we don't give chelsea youngsters a chance the bench full of them and still fans find something to moan about 

Giving them a chance from a position of strength is great. Giving them a chance out of desperation like this is worrying.