Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

2 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Needs to stop looking for the perfect angle or opening. Just smash the ball sometimes ffs.

Like you say I think he just keeps it 1 step too much sometimes. But I do think like MANY TOP strikers its all about confidence. Diego is a perfect example. ! month he scores goals for fun the next he cant hit shit. Then frustration sets in so it gets in their heads. When someone goods having fun theyre making headlines. He needed Eden and Dave with him, It will change.

1 hour ago, Polo7 said:

The same people that wanted Michy out of this club a few weeks ago, now think its better for him to start of Morata. You couldnt fucking make it up.

It is truly shocking what I am reading on here about Morata. If we had Messi, Ronaldo and Mbappe as a front 3, this forum would find a thousand faults and call for their heads.

Finishing is a lot easier to improve than the other technical skills. Practice and drills can do wonders over time. Far more diff to tech one to become a footballer.

cant imagine anyone singing, scouting, or watching morata and imagining him as the finished product.

for me the issue isn’t so much morata but the fact we abruptly lost our established striker due to his instability (him being a nut job).

the second issue we have is, again, lack of strength in depth esp considering how inapt moratas sub is (bats). Anyone asking for bats to start is... just stop please. Grass is always greener when sitting on the bench.

It is truly shocking what I am reading on here about Morata. If we had Messi, Ronaldo and Mbappe as a front 3, this forum would find a thousand faults and call for their heads.
People wouldn't say a word if his conversion rate was better. His head has been his saving grace which is weird to say.  

The fact he didn't even score against that shocking Stoke team raised a few more doubts around here.

On 06. 12. 2017. at 0:56 AM, El P. said:

It's not about conversation rate, that number is ok. But you can't expect every single game him to get good cross so he can score a header, you know.

All attacks are built mostly in hope for one thing - every action, almost every move from Fabregas and Hazard - to give your number 9 good ball so he could score, that's the plan A. And I don't mean cross from the wing, but that can be useful sometimes too, yes. But not as a main source of our scoring.

.. and when your STRIKER misses 3 meters wide goal from 7 meters, of course your team get depressed. It's always better to miss headers, to miss hard chances... those easy ones get your team-mates asking themselves: "what else should we do to score???"

Disastrous. But I'm a bit glad it happened. No more hiding behind headers, no more escaping heavy criticism that you've deserved.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Can't be leading the line for much longer. A CF this month is becoming an necessity

Fucking hell didnt think it was that bad that we need to replace him.

Think hes made his mind up far too early, everything in run up to that chance was good, didn't take ball too wide, was always in control against defenders coming back to him, got it onto his best foot but like I said I think hes just over thought it and put it too far wide... trying to be too clever. Costa would probably have just fucking rammed it into the net haha. 

Fucking hell didnt think it was that bad that we need to replace him.

Think hes made his mind up far too early, everything in run up to that chance was good, didn't take ball too wide, was always in control against defenders coming back to him, got it onto his best foot but like I said I think hes just over thought it and put it too far wide... trying to be too clever. Costa would probably have just fucking rammed it into the net haha. 

I meant someone that would actually compete for a starting spot & Michy doesn't fit that build.

No doubt Costa would have scored.