Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

4 minutes ago, communicate said:

Like I said since the beginning, other than his goal and his assist his performance so far has been very poor. His game is so much cleaner then Costa but he need to go to the gym. This league reward phyiscal play. 

Get stronger, win physical battle and then you start falling.

His performance today was poor but not that much difference to previous game. 

I agree he was poor today, but I think this is still his period of getting used to the league.

3 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

I agree he was poor today, but I think this is still his period of getting used to the league.

After spurs game I have been saying the same thing, he is not "ready" for EPL.

His aerial prowess is fantastic but the guy need to get stronger. He hasn't won any physical battle. This league reward physicality.

Like I said, he needs a season to truly get a feel for the physicality in the PL. Especially in our system team, our striker needs to be physical, needs to have a presence somewhat to be successful consistently. Not expecting big things from him this season tbh, but he's open to prove me wrong of course. Truly judge him next season. 

Like I said, he needs a season to truly get a feel for the physicality in the PL. Especially in our system team, our striker needs to be physical, needs to have a presence somewhat to be successful consistently. Not expecting big things from him this season tbh, but he's open to prove me wrong of course. Truly judge him next season. 
Going to be a long season if neither of our CF's can make a serious impression. I think he did ok today with almost no service but he to bulk up from now till Christmas to become a presence long term. We don't have the luxury of bedding in strikers.

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:
7 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Going to be a long season if neither of our CF's can make a serious impression. I think he did ok today with almost no service but he to bulk up from now till Christmas to become a presence long term. We don't have the luxury of bedding in strikers.

I've accepted that the club aren't too serious about challenging for trophies this year tbh. We don't have that luxury but it is what it is. Just hoping Morata can have a decent return either way this season - but I truly believe we'll properly see what he's made of next year. 

8 minutes ago, the wes said:

Jamie Redknapp has admitted that he was wrong to suggest Alvaro Morata would be unable to replace Diego Costa at Chelsea.

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2017/09/chelsea-news-latest-alvaro-morata-jamie-redknapp-verdict/

Funny. Some other journalists already comparing Morata unfavorably to Costa after yesterday.

I think he started off a little bit in the wrong way in terms of physicality. He went down far too easily and now he is not getting any calls. 

More than half of what wasn't called yesterday were fouls, but he has set a standard with how easily he goes down so more are looked at as dubious. The referee yesterday was clearly incompetent, but Morata has plenty to work on. 

Other Chelsea players didn't do him any favours. Our whole strategy was based on Cesc, Kante, Cahill and Luiz hoofing the ball towards Morata from distance with the occasional cross from Moses, Azpilicueta and Alonso. Whenever the ball was played to his feet he did well. Just shows how much we need Hazard.

The narrative has already started amongst seemingly all of the media now that Morata is soft and I even saw one idiot say he's not a #1 striker. After one average game

When Diego was scrapping and fighting with defenders, winding everyone up, and generally being a nasty cunt they were all slating him and wishing he'd cut it out. Now we have a striker who only concerns himself with football and they say he's "too nice, too pretty, and not nasty enough."

Can't win with these morons.

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The narrative has already started amongst seemingly all of the media now that Morata is soft and I even saw one idiot say he's not a #1 striker. After one average game

When Diego was scrapping and fighting with defenders, winding everyone up, and generally being a nasty cunt they were all slating him and wishing he'd cut it out. Now we have a striker who only concerns himself with football and they say he's "too nice, too pretty, and not nasty enough."

Can't win with these morons.

The worst part is that some Chelsea fans have already adopted those second-hand opinions. 

2 hours ago, Azpinator said:

The worst part is that some Chelsea fans have already adopted those second-hand opinions. 

Fortunately I haven't been seeing much of our own fans slating him. It is true that he needs to toughen up and realize that the refs in this league won't give him soft fouls. He just needs to get used to a completely different league.

I have no concerns about him at all at this point.