Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

3 minutes ago, communicate said:

Honestly other than against Burnley where I thought his overall game is decent, he has not played well for us yet 3 goals, 2 assists.

It is getting harder to judge his game

Imagine once he fully adjusts and improves. It is a good sign that he's putting up numbers while not being exactly world class. He can only get better.

My main worry with Morata was will he provide goals when he isn't playing that well? The answer is a resounding yes so far. Still needs to get used to the pace of the league... so I think he'll be much better next season. He came at the right age. The PL might be the proper making of him. 

5 minutes ago, manpe said:

Imagine once he fully adjusts and improves. It is a good sign that he's putting up numbers while not being exactly world class. He can only get better.

Hopefully because other than his goal, he has been poor.

I feel like he is still confused of what to do unlike Diego who I thought was natural from the start

Just now, communicate said:

Hopefully because other than his goal, he has been poor.

I feel like he is still confused of what to do unlike Diego who I thought was natural from the start

Yeah he definitely seems a bit confused and too timid at times. No worries, he's gaining confidence and will adapt eventually. He will come good, you can see the potential.

Just now, The Skipper said:

My main worry with Morata was will he provide goals when he isn't playing that well? The answer is a resounding yes so far. Still needs to get used to the pace of the league... so I think he'll be much better next season. He came at the right age. The PL might be the proper making of him. 

Agree, he will be much better next season. This season will be a major adjustment for him. You can tell he is struggling with physicality of the league and how to combine with other player except Azpi

11 minutes ago, communicate said:

Honestly other than against Burnley where I thought his overall game is decent, he has not played well for us yet 3 goals, 2 assists.

It is getting harder to judge his game

Better than someone, who took like 20 games to score his first goal for us!

I honestly think some of you are overreacting. You can't expect all pieces to click straight away, and I think a lot of them are clicking already in fact. 

A lot of the work is done when the camera isn't on the player as well. He caused Leicester a lot of trouble. Had a few good chances, but Morgan today was throwing himself at everything, and in this case, somehow managed to get one of his limbs behind nearly every shot. 

The game in general was quite sloppy, so some of the service coming to him wasn't great. As usual, Willian messed up a few balls that could have gone to him, and Baka messed up the counter attack with a terribly slow ball that got picked off. A better pass, and he is through on goal for another one. 

I've seen this kind of talk with every single one of our strikers in the past. Costa got it obviously. Even Drogs. They're doing plenty out there, and if they're scoring, they're doing fine. 

3 goals and 2 assists in 4 games. Not even 4 full games... If we were going to look at those numbers objectively, any way you cut it, he is flying. Speaks volumes about him and his potential as a player. 

I thought he was the Man of the Match today. Superb striker performance considering how much he was isolated up front with that 3-5-1-1 formation. His style of play and technical quality is so much in sync with the way we play and with our other players. So much more pleasing to the eye than Costa's street-fighter style and arguably even more effective. It was all what we say from him in Madrid and Juve but it's nice to actually see it for us on the pitch. He's going to have a lot of fun with Eden, Willian, Pedro and Cesc this season. A lot. 

He made a great run for Fabregas's excellent pass early on. It looked like a bad miss, but its actually not easy to control the ball when it comes sharply at you from behind your shoulder.

He could have scored a goal when Morgan made an excellent block.

He scored when the game was still 0-0.

He should have won us a penalty when the handball happened.

There were other good things he did as well, but the above four were imo his biggest contributions, and they show that he had a strong impact in the game. Pedro and Fabregas struggled to support him further up the pitch, so I think he did well all things considered.