Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

Hasn't had the greatest start to his Chelsea career, but you can tell greatness is there. I think his potential is enormous. Ability to carry the ball, good technique, proactive defending, etc. He can be sloppy at times, but none of his flaws seem like a long term problem. He has potential to be as good as Dembele for Tottenham, but even better because of his ability to get into goal-scoring positions.

2 minutes ago, El P. said:

I too think he is. But do you think RLC can really play in midfield two? I'm still skeptical about that... 

I don't think either of them can for the level we want to play. If they were playing in the French league, going deep into competitions but ultimately not winning trophies, then I think they'd be 'workable' in a midfield 2. 

This just gives us more incentive to stick with this 5-3-2, or revert to a 4-3-3 /4-2-3-1:wub:

Just now, Leif said:

I don't think either of them can for the level we want to play. If they were playing in the French league, going deep into competitions but ultimately not winning trophies, then I think they'd be 'workable' in a midfield 2. 

This just gives us more incentive to stick with this 5-3-2, or revert to a 4-3-3 /4-2-3-1:wub:

Yeah, RLC would thrive in 3-5-2, for sure. He is actually one really special CAM, with all those passing/dribbling qualities, but also tall and strong.

Him and Bakayoko could end up playing together. :D

7 minutes ago, the wes said:

Bakayoko: Kante' is no better than me

http://m.calciomercato.com/en/news/bakayoko-kante-is-no-better-than-me-49245

I'm afraid your not Baka your not on the same level has Kante yet 

*never

Not even the same type of players. Bakayoko cant play DM.

16 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Only Ian Wright would compare an attacking midfielder to a more defensive minded box to box midfielder. What a crock of shit.

It’s clear that Baka is a bit more balanced, where as Ruben is more offensive minded but Ian Wright being Ian Wright compares two totally different players or so I’d say. Honestly I think he’s similar to a Ross Barkley off all people, a lot of folk have said Dele Alli but I don’t see the comparison, Alli is more of a goal scorer than a creator, somebody like Thomas Muller, always finds space in and around the box, where as Ruben is not.

If Ruben were to play instead of anybody in our 3 man MF it would be Cesc imo but I don’t think he is the right fit if we want a more controlling midfielder in there though. I think Ruben will play off the front in a 3 although he’ll need to improve his goals and assists output because that will be what he’d be judged on, not how many Cruyff turns, nutmegs or whatever he does in a game v Germany. He made a few good decisions in final third, didnt over complicate things, played a nice long pass for Vardy too, I don’t think Bakayoko has that in his game to be as decisive in the final third but again Baka is more balanced, better at winning the ball back with tackles and interceptions, can still go forward (they are both similar in transitions) but I don’t think he is as forward thinking as Ruben. More chance of Baka in a MF 2 than RLC for me.

The narrative has been set. Every single time RLC or Chalobah play well for club and especially country the same cliche riddles idiot's will revert to "he's better than Bakayoko, what are Chelsea doing?"

Beyond cringeworthy.

Ian Wright may not be the sharpest pin in the drawer, but he is an ex footballer, an exceptional one at that, and no ex footballer is wrong 100% of the time. One of those stabs in the dark will hit, and this one has. There is no cliche, there is no cringe necessary, in observing Loftus-Cheek, and seeing he's already doing what we're still waiting for from Bakayoko. For those observations to be pointed out by random forum users, but then highlighted completely separately by an ex-pro, isn't something to ignore. It clearly suggests this pro-Loftus-Cheek side is right about something. Neither side will be entirely wrong.

Add to this that those who put down Bakayoko, on here, don't put down 'people' (as in users or pundits) in general, yet those who claim Bakayoko's good enough, do seem to slander or dismiss people due to their conflicting opinions...which paints a picture of which side is more rational, and perhaps trustworthy in their evaluations. One side is looking at players, comparing traits, and talking stats - the other side is saying 'well i'm right, you're wrong.' Or, they say 'give him time, he has potential', as if that's anything to do with the players we compare today and now. A cop-out comment.
-

Loftus-Cheek brings to the table more qualities than Bakayoko does. (It shouldn't go without saying - though apparently it does, that this & every post on here is 'in my opinion' btw.)
All he lacks which Bakayoko has, is experience, which is clear when you measure their consistency. Bakayoko's consistently average, whereas Loftus-Cheek has high highs and low lows. Nobody can guess who'll turn out the better player, but this season, Loftus-Cheek has been superior.
He's the best player in his team. He was the best player on the pitch for his national side. No? Let me wait for Bakayoko to get a MOTM award (or just put in a MOTM-worthy performance, regardless of award). I might grow a new beard. My toes might grow beards in that time. Because when you watch him, there's not much to get excited about. He doesn't inspire because he isn't great, nor does he show the potential to be, in my opinion. (Which I'll elaborate on if anybody wants. But then we'd miss out on the fun of calling eachother idiots & scoffing at eachother's perspectives.)

3 hours ago, Leif said:

Ian Wright may not be the sharpest pin in the drawer, but he is an ex footballer, an exceptional one at that, and no ex footballer is wrong 100% of the time. One of those stabs in the dark will hit, and this one has. There is no cliche, there is no cringe necessary, in observing Loftus-Cheek, and seeing he's already doing what we're still waiting for from Bakayoko. For those observations to be pointed out by random forum users, but then highlighted completely separately by an ex-pro, isn't something to ignore. It clearly suggests this pro-Loftus-Cheek side is right about something. Neither side will be entirely wrong.

Add to this that those who put down Bakayoko, on here, don't put down 'people' (as in users or pundits) in general, yet those who claim Bakayoko's good enough, do seem to slander or dismiss people due to their conflicting opinions...which paints a picture of which side is more rational, and perhaps trustworthy in their evaluations. One side is looking at players, comparing traits, and talking stats - the other side is saying 'well i'm right, you're wrong.' Or, they say 'give him time, he has potential', as if that's anything to do with the players we compare today and now. A cop-out comment.
-

Loftus-Cheek brings to the table more qualities than Bakayoko does. (It shouldn't go without saying - though apparently it does, that this & every post on here is 'in my opinion' btw.)
All he lacks which Bakayoko has, is experience, which is clear when you measure their consistency. Bakayoko's consistently average, whereas Loftus-Cheek has high highs and low lows. Nobody can guess who'll turn out the better player, but this season, Loftus-Cheek has been superior.
He's the best player in his team. He was the best player on the pitch for his national side. No? Let me wait for Bakayoko to get a MOTM award (or just put in a MOTM-worthy performance, regardless of award). I might grow a new beard. My toes might grow beards in that time. Because when you watch him, there's not much to get excited about. He doesn't inspire because he isn't great, nor does he show the potential to be, in my opinion. (Which I'll elaborate on if anybody wants. But then we'd miss out on the fun of calling eachother idiots & scoffing at eachother's perspectives.)

I don’t have a problem with your opinion Leif or that you want to share your opinion because what use is a forum if people can’t  have different points of view but my issue was with Ian Wright’s comment, who I think if he had watched Bakayoko more would maybe notice the difference in profiles. Or even if it wasn’t two Chelsea players who knows. Really think he can be a bit of depth when talking about football on ITV or MOTD other than the forward related stuff, maybe a bit of a silly opinion but it’s what I think lol.

I think in Britain (I’m Scottish so have seen pundits being OTT with some players in past, particularly Celtic players) we tend to overrate youngsters but that’s because we, British football, hold ourselves against the highest standards, guys like RLC, Tammy Abraham, Joe Gomez, Phil Foden, Jordan Pickford etc. I believe they’ll go and do good things at club and international level. The same with Scottish players like Andy Robertson (now at Liverpool), Ryan Gauld (maybe not worked out for him yet), Kieran Tierney, Oliver Burke and even for Wales the kid Woodburn, looks an absolute gem as well as our own youngster Ethan Ampadu.

It’s just people tend to get carried away, in the past we’ve seen it with Wilshere, poor guy had immense talent and after a few exceptional matches he was dubbed better than player X or player Y Arsenal signed based on that, who were totally different players. It’s a common thing at club level, people forget Bakayoko is a young man still, so is Ruben but out of the two one is miles ahead in development. Also the whole thing with Ian Wright was comparing an 8 to a 10 (or so I’d say), I was extremely encouraged by what I seen from Ruben along with his minutes at Palace, I hope to see more vs Brazil because I was really skeptical about how good he was a few seasons ago when he was dubbed as ready and whatever. I think Mourinho didn’t help him much, which his dad apparently said in an interview recently but I don’t think getting overly excited and trying to compare him or say he’s better than a fully established Ligue 1 title winner who was a vital part of an extremely functional and exciting team who beat some of Europe’s biggest clubs last season is exactly fair either.

Like I said in my previous post in reply to you I think if he comes back hes more chance being played in the front 3 and will have Willian, Pedro, Hazard, Musonda as competition. Not Bakayoko. Just like for England he will be competing with Lallana, Alli, Barkley etc. who may all be different profiles of players but they are all looking for that same attacking midfield/furthest forward midfielder birth.

Maybe you disagree with all of that or bits of it fair enough. Think I m just enjoying posting a bit more often, some of it could be shite but fuck it 😂

3 hours ago, Leif said:

-

That's your opinion and reasoning, fair enough.  The difference between you and Wright, Wilkins is i highly doubt they had any agenda in mind bar having a dig at the club. If Jake Livermore was from our academy they would have probably claimed he was better than Baka aswell.

10 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Like I said in my previous post in reply to you I think if he comes back hes more chance being played in the front 3 and will have Willian, Pedro, Hazard, Musonda as competition. Not Bakayoko. Just like for England he will be competing with Lallana, Alli, Barkley etc. who may all be different profiles of players but they are all looking for that same attacking midfield/furthest forward midfielder birth.

Maybe you disagree with all of that or bits of it fair enough. Think I m just enjoying posting a bit more often, some of it could be shite but fuck it 😂

Not so sure RLC is a 10 maybe more of a Lampard position. As front 3 he will probably play the game similar to fab, deeper and narrower. 

Comparing Rlc to bakayoko is difficult, I am not so sure based on last season that Rlc can play in midfield 2. He doesn't run enough for 2 midfield system. 

Another prolific ex-footballer claiming RLC is at least equal to Bakayoko already. Keep in mind, these people can praise RLC without dragging Bakayoko into it - and they wouldn't drag him into it if he clearly was good enough, would they?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/660178/Chelsea-Ruben-Loftus-Cheek-Tiemoue-Bakayoko-Crystal-Palace-Loan-Latest-News

Don't think there's a single ex-footballer or current footballer who's paid any compliment to Bakayoko (Makelele saying 'he can become good enough' with his eyes darting about when asked if Baka's good enough, wasn't a compliment.) On top of not having any compliments to say about him, multiple ex-pro's specifically feel the need to highlight that he lacks his touted brilliance.
Nevermind that pretty much every supporter outside of Chelsea that've watched Bakayoko have laughed. I laugh too but with sadness. 

In my mind i want to remain the face of this 'How do we expect to reach the top with Bakayoko in our XI?' brigade, considering I was saying all of this before we signed him. I think I had the piss taken out of me on here :oOver this Everton-tier fraud (though granted, he'd be one of their best players).
I'll take being an apparent idiot whose view is shared by *more and more prolific players. Let's hope the blue tints around here don't lead to complete blindness :drunk:Nevermind the French national coach too. Deschamps must be an idiot along with Ian Wright, right. What would they know about football.

The main against I held before signing him was his lack of brain. Mentality wins titles, not how strong your passes are or how accurate your shots are. Mentality.
Composure. Leadership. Discipline. Awareness. All of which he lacks, I think.
Never been more annoyed by a signing, other than Rudiger who so far is making me eat my words to a degree.

I promise, within 5 years we'll have the minority become the majority on here, with most begging to replace him. It'll start really stinking when we aren't winning the top prizes, and finally it'll be understood we need more than 'potentially very good' players who've proven nothing. Willian, Bakayoko, yes Rudiger, and so on. Absolute B-list. If he wouldn't start for Real Madrid/Bayern/Barcelona/Juventus/Man City, why the fuck is he good enough for us? :drunk:

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Nevermind the French national coach too. Deschamps must be an idiot along with Ian Wright, right. What would they know about football.

You’re describing Clinton Morrison as a “prolific ex footballer” just to discredit Bakayoko. Ask any French national team football fan whether they think Deschamps is a great coach lol. He took Gignac over Lacazette and Benzema to the Euros too, and doesn’t call up top talents like Martial up either (only did so recently after media pressure). He picks a washed up Payet and Coman ahead of him. If that’s who’s side you want to be on then great.